[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Lame Cred: Statbury tawks, but can we at least be the Hawks!
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/16/2006  12:42 AM
btw, how cool was that to see the entire bench go nuts for the young kids. seeing malik and quentin coming onto the court and coaching some of the players...good stuff.

who knew jackie butler could get up like that?
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/16/2006  12:53 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

btw, how cool was that to see the entire bench go nuts for the young kids. seeing malik and quentin coming onto the court and coaching some of the players...good stuff.

who knew jackie butler could get up like that?

The Butler dunk shocked me. The guy acutally got off the ground. And Craw doesn't dunk too often either.

Only person who didn't dunk: The dunk champion.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/16/2006  9:10 AM
Anyone else feel like Craw is a completely different player when playing with the young guys? A lot more enthusiastic and active on D last night then usual. Played that way with them in the preseason too. Nate and Lee have a great, infectious on court demeanor.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/16/2006  9:16 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Nate and Lee have a great, infectious on court demeanor.
Nate tends to get carried away when he gets a lot of playing time. I think the spark off the bench role is the best role for him. When he plays a lot, he drives into traffic and tries to shoot over guys 6+ inches taller than him. He then gets his shot blocked or commits a turnover. He does this a lot. I agree about his attitude motivating other. He really is a ball of energy.
Posted by VDesai:

Anyone else feel like Craw is a completely different player when playing with the young guys?
Not that much. I saw it last night but he still has no discipline. That 3 pointer at the end of hte 1st OT was a dumb move.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/16/2006  9:21 AM
I agree about Nate. He has a ways to go, but he's starting to get it. In the beginning of the year he took stupid shots...shots he should've realized he'd never get off on the NBA level. He still has a tendency to go into traffic and get stuffed, but he was huge yesterday.

As for Craw, I don't think he'll ever be consistent, but yesterday he was diving for loose balls, breaking up passes, etc. Looked like he was just trying to keep up with Nate out there. They played like that in the preseason too. Too bad he didn't make his FT's.
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/16/2006  9:51 AM
Nate stepped way up last night. I liked the hustle that bench squad brought to the court last night too. As long as they help the team win games, I say let 'em play!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/16/2006  10:20 AM
The David Lee dunk was flat out orgasmic.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/16/2006  11:45 PM
Posted by Allanfan20:

The David Lee dunk was flat out orgasmic.

Seconded.

For next year I'd love a starting front line of Curry, Reggie Evans, and Lee. If we can mask his rebounding shortcomings, I think Curry will come through in every other cat.

I'm kinda worried about the future of our backcourt. I want Steph gone. And I don't particularly like Francis in the starting lineup either.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Lame Cred: Statbury tawks, but can we at least be the Hawks!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy