McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/15/2006  11:29 AM
Posted by Pharzeone:

He was very hot for Curry with the Pistons

no he wasn't.

----

the Marbury deal is why Isiah put that option in. He thought NY would be a title contender with all his additions

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 11:30 AM]

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
AUTOADVERT
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/15/2006  11:33 AM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Pharzeone:

He was very hot for Curry with the Pistons

no he wasn't.

----

the Marbury deal is why Isiah put that option in. He thought NY would be a title contender with all his additions

Now Brown is a liar, because he said that at the time of the Curry deal in SC. He said that Dumars tried to acquire the guy twice but the Bulls didn't want to deal with them (guess them being in the same division).

[Edited by - pharzeone on 03-15-2006 11:35 AM]
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
McK1
3/15/2006  11:36 AM
he said my guys in Detroit told me Curry was their toughest cover.

he never said he was hot for him in Detroit.

THINK for a second:

Brown is a defensive coach. His center is 3 time DPOY Ben Wallace. why would he want Curry.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/15/2006  11:46 AM
Posted by McK1:

he said my guys in Detroit told me Curry was their toughest cover.

he never said he was hot for him in Detroit.

THINK for a second:

Brown is a defensive coach. His center is 3 time DPOY Ben Wallace. why would he want Curry.

He told the media that the Pistons tried to acquire Curry but Paxson didn't want any part of any deal. He was praising Curry before the guy even took the physical. It was kind of weird because Brown was talking more about Curry than Isiah at the time. Also Brown was the guy would wanted Woods, he was on board with Francis. I don't think defense was issue with Curry. Made sense if you played him next to a Ben Wallace whom roams. Your entire team doesn't have to be great defensive players but just play enough. He loved Danny Manning, let me know when was the last time Danny has ever played defense, same with Reggie Miller. Hell, Lebron is my opinion a below average defender but I would take the guy in a sec.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
McK1
3/15/2006  11:54 AM
if you say so.

McK1
3/15/2006  11:57 AM
Press Conference Quotes - Oct 4, 2005
by Tony Ciuffo

Charleston, SC, October 4, 2005 – Following are quotes from Knicks President, Basketball Operations Isiah Thomas and Head Coach Larry Brown from the team’s training camp at the College of Charleston, as they discussed a trade that brings Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis to the Knicks.
Isiah Thomas announcing the trade to the media:
“I’d like to announce that the trade of Eddy Curry and Antonio Davis for Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney has been completed. We’re very excited to have Eddy and also Antonio. You never have enough big people.

“He’s (Eddy) one of the most talented, young, gifted, big men in the league. Those kinds of guys don’t come around often. To have gotten a guy such as this is very exciting. Every 15 to 20 years a guy comes along with this size and his type of agility and skills."

Q: The Chicago Bulls were not going to allow Eddy to play because of a possible heart condition, how has this possible issue been resolved for the Knicks?
Isiah Thomas: “We’ve followed this for a while. The research that we’ve done from afar led us to the point where we felt we could make a trade for him. I have a lot of confidence in our medical staff. Staying in close contact with our medical staff, led us to the point where we felt confident enough to make this trade. We'll know more tomorrow after he's taken some tests.”

Q: Will you ask Eddy Curry to take a DNA test?
Isiah Thomas: “We will not ask him to take a DNA test. It’s against the law in New York to require someone to take a test such as that.”

Q: When do you expect Eddy and Antonio in camp?
Isiah Thomas: “Hopefully they’ll both be here by tomorrow evening.”

Q: Talk about your evaluation of Antonio Davis.
Larry Brown: “I coached Antonio in Indiana. He’s a great guy, he can play more than one position and he’s a true professional. We’re hopeful he’ll be a big part of this.”

Q: What do you think is holding Eddy back from being great in this league?
Larry Brown: “He’s a 22-year-old young big kid that just takes a little longer. He made a tremendous jump last year and only played about 20 minutes a game. The guys on Detroit when we played against him said he was as hard to guard in the post as anyone. We lost two good players, two great guys, but kids like this don’t often come along.”

http://www.nba.com/knicks/news/currypressconf_051004.html
nykbasketball
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #862
USA
3/15/2006  1:45 PM
so is there anyway we keep the pick if its lottery
What's Defense?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/15/2006  2:40 PM
Posted by nykbasketball:

Don't you think we would have heard from Isiah by now if that were the case?

Hell if there was any protection for those picks don't you think Isiah would have tattooed it on his forehead by now to silence some of this criticism?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2006  2:50 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by nykbasketball:

Don't you think we would have heard from Isiah by now if that were the case?

Hell if there was any protection for those picks don't you think Isiah would have tattooed it on his forehead by now to silence some of this criticism?

so in short, no.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/15/2006  2:53 PM
This is the part of the trade the irritates me the most. Isiah clearly did no negotiating on this whatsoever and just gave these picks up. Now, Oden who is coming out next year, really could be a once in an every 15 to 20 year player is out of our reach. This is the straw that breaks my back.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
earthmansurfer
Member: #858
Germany
3/15/2006  3:41 PM
NBA rules state you can't trade 1st round picks in back to back years. I wonder if they say you can offer the option to swap? That sounds like bull**** to me, sort of like creative accounting. David Stern needs to step in here and say what happened was wrong and correct the situation. But, I really doubt the Knicks are a lotto team next year. Unless of course this is a conspiracy designed to get Chicago Greg Oden... Doubtful. This offseason will bring more moves, which makes me question the whole "Slow start by Larry Brown teams". Considering that we can go through the same thing next year. But it would be funny if we are a lotto team winner next year but Oden doesn't come out
Earthmansurfer
The intuitive mind is a sacred gift and the rational mind is a faithful servant. We have created a society that honors the servant and has forgotten the gift. Albert Einstein
Our 2007 Pick

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy