[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

marbury finally speaks: let the truth be told
Author Thread
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/14/2006  6:57 PM
I've had it with most of you on this marbury debate. Its just marbury finally broke the silence and went off on coach in public just like brown has been doing all year. The stuff I have been saying since the first 5 game losing streak he basically said in his recient quotes in the media.

"freedom"

That's what marbs says Ernie bickerstaff gives his point guards after the loss to the bobcats. A rookie at that.

On brown:
"I felt my game and how he wanted to play should be intertwined. It shouldn't be one way."

"you have to come to a compromise. You can't out 12 personalities in a gay and deal all as one. You have to deal with every personality individually and come up with a concept that everyone understands what they should do"

"I can definately work with coach. He has to understand how I feel and I understand how he feels. I'm willing to bend. I proved that at the begining of the year. I came in completely vulnerable. I said ill do whatever he wants me to do."

I've said it before. What the hell is browns problem. He wants players that will play the way he wants them to play. That's fine and dandy but at least try to make something work with what you have. He has been playing around with his line-up all year. I could of done that.

One thing above all is that there clearly is no dialog between the coach and the players. When brown says stuff the players are shocked. Ariza was denied a meeting with the coach? All this drama for what?

Basketball is a game. In any league pro or otherwise. The coaches responsibility is to get the players he has to win. Everyone has there own philosophy but that has to be able to change to fit what you have.

Brown wants guys that move the ball and play defense. Duh. How else are you gonna win at basketball. The players know that. The knicks have a lot of serious talent but the have no idea what they should be doing on the court. That is a coaching fault.

The word is now marbury should be traded. For the life of me I don't know why brown is still here. Its a crying shame what he has been allowed to do in such a short amount of time. I have no formal coaching experience and I bet I can do a better job.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
3/14/2006  7:15 PM
you see im going to reamain neutral on this till yesterday i said marbury should leave, but now im having second thoughts....marbury never burnt any bridges with any of the coaches he had before, except for brown...ask any other coach he has played under and they'll see he's coachable and we like him.

Now Marbs ain the brightest person on the planet, but its pretty obvious in my eye that brown is the reason why this team is playing so poorly...players are playing without confidence and seem outta of it.

The brown supporters are going to come in and say, brown teaches defense and this team doesnt play it...well yeah, but what exactly has this team gained form browns coaching??....i dont see dramatic inprovemnt in anyones game and this is what a 10 mil a year coach does.

Steph has a right to say what he feels and its true what he said, steph being outplayed by raymond felton is why steph made those comments, he was outplayed by a rookiepoint guard and it obviously stung..steph isnt the 1st person to say browns system restricts players...weve seen it on tv ourselves how one critical mistake, brown takes you out and than supposedly teaches you what you did by yelling on the damn court...

piston plaeyrs grew weary of brown and they stuck to it, but brown got all the credit...

ive always thought brown was overated, and this year proved it, too much talent on this team to suck like how we do
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2006  7:18 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

I've had it with most of you on this marbury debate. Its just marbury finally broke the silence and went off on coach in public just like brown has been doing all year. The stuff I have been saying since the first 5 game losing streak he basically said in his recient quotes in the media.

"freedom"

That's what marbs says Ernie bickerstaff gives his point guards after the loss to the bobcats. A rookie at that.

On brown:
"I felt my game and how he wanted to play should be intertwined. It shouldn't be one way."

"you have to come to a compromise. You can't out 12 personalities in a gay and deal all as one. You have to deal with every personality individually and come up with a concept that everyone understands what they should do"

"I can definately work with coach. He has to understand how I feel and I understand how he feels. I'm willing to bend. I proved that at the begining of the year. I came in completely vulnerable. I said ill do whatever he wants me to do."

I've said it before. What the hell is browns problem. He wants players that will play the way he wants them to play. That's fine and dandy but at least try to make something work with what you have. He has been playing around with his line-up all year. I could of done that.

One thing above all is that there clearly is no dialog between the coach and the players. When brown says stuff the players are shocked. Ariza was denied a meeting with the coach? All this drama for what?

Basketball is a game. In any league pro or otherwise. The coaches responsibility is to get the players he has to win. Everyone has there own philosophy but that has to be able to change to fit what you have.

Brown wants guys that move the ball and play defense. Duh. How else are you gonna win at basketball. The players know that. The knicks have a lot of serious talent but the have no idea what they should be doing on the court. That is a coaching fault.

The word is now marbury should be traded. For the life of me I don't know why brown is still here. Its a crying shame what he has been allowed to do in such a short amount of time. I have no formal coaching experience and I bet I can do a better job.

Eny, I don't get it man. Brown's tactics have worked EVERYWHERE he has been. Same gameplan: Defense, Rebounding, teamwork, heart.

This is Marbury's gameplan: Get Starbury 20 point & 8 rebounds and to hell with making your teammates better or playing defense. Marb had 1 really good playoffs against the Spurs and I am thinking that he was pretty lucky to have Matrix and a young Amare to back him up.

And you want to switch to Marbury's strategy of how to win and not Brown's?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2006  7:21 PM
funny I remember Steph not buying into Antoni's system either... wouldnt work. Then they moved Marbury, brought in Nash (who at the time was regarded as good but NO WAY NO HOW an MVP caliber player). The Suns win 60 and Marbury is still wondering why people dont see it his way.

Maybe he should write all alone on his shoes
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/14/2006  7:51 PM
Not only thah, in a pregame interview, Brown said Marbs said all this after a two game win streak which was not true...Brown said he didnt understand why Marbs would say that after we won...But it was after two losses....I really don't trust Brown....That cat is just one dodgy dude...
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/14/2006  9:41 PM
starbury calls larry lame out and all of a sudden, again, star is the bad guy.

why are knick fans still in denial? starbury has silently proven larry lame's agenda

fans that refuse to count could care less that knicks record is 1-10 when star was not playing.

that's ok jose! larry lame gets a 10 mil pass while knick fans suck up to mediocrity in the mecca
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  9:53 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Not only thah, in a pregame interview, Brown said Marbs said all this after a two game win streak which was not true...Brown said he didnt understand why Marbs would say that after we won...But it was after two losses....I really don't trust Brown....That cat is just one dodgy dude...

for someone who keeps saying not to put so much significance on things said to the media, you sure put alot of significance on things said to the media.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  9:54 PM
Marbury's done it his way his whole career & where has that gotten him? maybe he ought to shut up & follow somoone's direction that's had success everywhere he's been during his HOF coaching career? just a thought.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
martin
USA
3/14/2006  10:06 PM
Posted by Bobby:

why are knick fans still in denial? starbury has silently proven larry lame's agenda

fans that refuse to count could care less that knicks record is 1-10 when star was not playing.

that's ok jose! larry lame gets a 10 mil pass while knick fans suck up to mediocrity in the mecca

Seriouly, what has Marbury EVER done in basketball? What are his accomplishments.
EnySpree

3/14/2006  10:14 PM
This is not karate class. Larry brown is not an 8th degree blackbelt. This is basketball.

What makes a good coach? A guy that can fit a system around a group of players that gets them to be the most sucsessful at what they can do well. The more talent the more chance there is for sucsess. The right mix of talent gets you a shot at something special.

If you know basketball than you are annoyed I wrote that out.....and if you know this to be true and you should.......can all the Larry defenders say that actually happened this year with the knicks?

The main thing that still pains me and I keep bringing it up is the fact that a guy with such a track record that has won everywhere got away with playing guys based on their hometowns! He actually said that with confidence and in front of the world. What a joke! That is not playing to win.

In fact I think brown had no intentions on winning. he is 65. dude wants to make one last run at it and wants things to go his way and it is because the whole town wants to fire Thomas, marbury, and dolan.

This is not brown vs. Marbs. This is brown vs. The knicks. Every player has made comments here and there about how confused they are. But they all have been diplomatic about it. They sincerly take the blame.

never would I have guessed the knicks would be this bad. They have the talent. I thought they would probably miss the playoffs anyway, but I thought brown would have the knicks playing good basketball. I was dreaming of what he did with Indiana. If browns track record does anything for me it just further explains why he is the one that should be bought out.

Just like he was in Detroit mofo!
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/14/2006  10:16 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bobby:

Seriouly, what has Marbury EVER done in basketball? What are his accomplishments.

C'mon Martin, that's too easy... He single-handedly turned NJ and Phoenix into title contenders...

...by leaving!

OK. I know that when he left those teams they got a lot of players back and whatever. I've made those excuses for him in the past. I used to support him to death when the "haters" would dog him because of his rep. I think it's well established by now: Marbury puts up great stats, but he's a selfish loser.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
martin
USA
3/14/2006  10:16 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

This is not karate class. Larry brown is not an 8th degree blackbelt. This is basketball.

What makes a good coach? A guy that can fit a system around a group of players that gets them to be the most sucsessful at what they can do well. The more talent the more chance there is for sucsess. The right mix of talent gets you a shot at something special.

If you know basketball than you are annoyed I wrote that out.....and if you know this to be true and you should.......can all the Larry defenders say that actually happened this year with the knicks?

The main thing that still pains me and I keep bringing it up is the fact that a guy with such a track record that has won everywhere got away with playing guys based on their hometowns! He actually said that with confidence and in front of the world. What a joke! That is not playing to win.

In fact I think brown had no intentions on winning. he is 65. dude wants to make one last run at it and wants things to go his way and it is because the whole town wants to fire Thomas, marbury, and dolan.

This is not brown vs. Marbs. This is brown vs. The knicks. Every player has made comments here and there about how confused they are. But they all have been diplomatic about it. They sincerly take the blame.

never would I have guessed the knicks would be this bad. They have the talent. I thought they would probably miss the playoffs anyway, but I thought brown would have the knicks playing good basketball. I was dreaming of what he did with Indiana. If browns track record does anything for me it just further explains why he is the one that should be bought out.

Just like he was in Detroit mofo!

offense is not the team problem. It's defense. What scheme should Brown or any coach use with this current roster?
martin
USA
3/14/2006  10:18 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bobby:

C'mon Martin, that's too easy... He single-handedly turned NJ and Phoenix into title contenders...

...by leaving!

OK. I know that when he left those teams they got a lot of players back and whatever. I've made those excuses for him in the past. I used to support him to death when the "haters" would dog him because of his rep. I think it's well established by now: Marbury puts up great stats, but he's a selfish loser.

same. Dude got physical talents but a 5 cent head.
eViL
USA
3/14/2006  10:21 PM
Posted by EnySpree:

Since you know basketball, explain this to me: what was Marbury doing arguing with a ref while the game was still on and it was the final minutes and Ben Gordon drilled a three to put his team up late in the game when we played Chicago? What strategy was that? Was that Starbury in action? What's your excuse for him there? Was that a good play? Would a true superstar do that? What do you think Larry Brown would have had him do? Do you think LB would recommend hustling back on D in that situation? Or do you think that was LB's gameplan? Seriously, please address that situation and explain to me the rationale behind Marbury's decision to argue with a ref rather than get back on D during the closing moments of a tight game. I mean, since you know basketball...
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
holfresh

3/14/2006  10:25 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:

for someone who keeps saying not to put so much significance on things said to the media, you sure put alot of significance on things said to the media.

You are right...I do frown on spin writers put in their pieces...But how can you ignore comments coming from Larry's lips....

eViL
USA
3/14/2006  10:28 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:

You are right...I do frown on spin writers put in their pieces...But how can you ignore comments coming from Larry's lips....

Since you are a big Marbury fan, could you read my question to Eny and explain what Starbury was doing late in the Chicago game?
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/14/2006  10:30 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Bobby:

the same arguement could be said of billups and arenas until they finally found a system that works

extremely talented yet very good starbury is not a great player

how would you define larry brown ?

"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
eViL
USA
3/14/2006  10:31 PM
How come no one who defends Marbury has stepped up to explain his moves late in that Chicago game?
holfresh

3/14/2006  10:34 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by TMS:
Posted by holfresh:

Since you are a big Marbury fan, could you read my question to Eny and explain what Starbury was doing late in the Chicago game?

I can't defend that and no one should defend it...He should be back on defense...

But tell me this...If you were to grade the players on the Knicks and management who came close to getting their jobs done.....U would have to admit that Marbs would have the highest grade of all those in the organization.....What grade would you give Larry?

EnySpree

3/14/2006  10:46 PM
Posted by eViL:
Posted by EnySpree:

Since you know basketball, explain this to me: what was Marbury doing arguing with a ref while the game was still on and it was the final minutes and Ben Gordon drilled a three to put his team up late in the game when we played Chicago? What strategy was that? Was that Starbury in action? What's your excuse for him there? Was that a good play? Would a true superstar do that? What do you think Larry Brown would have had him do? Do you think LB would recommend hustling back on D in that situation? Or do you think that was LB's gameplan? Seriously, please address that situation and explain to me the rationale behind Marbury's decision to argue with a ref rather than get back on D during the closing moments of a tight game. I mean, since you know basketball...

yeah that's a bone head play.

I know that because I know basketball.

So can you explain the things that that have been happening as far as brown and what he is in charge of? This season of course. You should know since you know how to be a dick.
marbury finally speaks: let the truth be told

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy