[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

calipari on isiah + lb on SAS
Author Thread
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/14/2006  12:43 PM
nothing major but calipari said he was in memphis the morning of the meeting with lb and isiah and had breakfast with them. he said there is ZERO friction and that ownership is behind lb and isiah 100%. isiah is going to do everything to get lb the players he wants.

he says it looks bad b/c they're losing and that's when all the ugly stuff comes out.

if the players buy into what lb says, then they will become better players. he ran down a list of guys like nazr, eric snow, reggie miller, iverson, etc. as players lb has made better and have gotten nice contracts b/c of him.

but right now, the players are clashing with lb b/c they're not winning.

lb has always been about defense first and sharing the ball. if the team defended, then he would open up the offense more to cater to their needs.

the one bad thing he said about nyc is that you can make a comment and then the media runs with it. (hinting that lb probably shouldn't say so much to the media but admits that he's frustrated)

he said making moves is hard to do in the nba and if the guys now can't play defense, then lb and isiah will bring in players that can.
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/14/2006  12:51 PM
ugh. this sucks @$$. i cant stand the knicks. i'd have no problem getting up for a big game at the garden...
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2006  12:53 PM
sniff sniff... smell that? Its the smell of Tony Battie and Marcus Banks in Knick unis
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/14/2006  12:53 PM
When did Nazr play for Larry?

As for this statemnet:

lb has always been about defense first and sharing the ball. if the team defended, then he would open up the offense more to cater to their needs.

I don't get it. Isn't it catering to Larry's needs as well to have a morea fluid and productive offense? Don't you keep building up the defense while also directing the offense to their strengths? Aren't guys going to be more dug in and psyched on the defensive end after a made basket?

I know the stock answer is, "Everything flows from the D. Discipline has to be established before freedoms, dtc." If that's the cae, is it really working? Do we anticipate it WILL work? Are we leaving tons of offensive potential on the table? And if so, for what? We seem to have one alienated and dispirited team, don't we?
edsonline
Member: #735
3/14/2006  12:54 PM
I think it is major that Zeke and LB are on the same page and there is no friction between them. Hopefully Isiah can get the guys LB wants. Thanks for posting this.
djsunyc
3/14/2006  12:59 PM
Posted by Marv:

in philly.
djsunyc
3/14/2006  1:02 PM
Posted by Marv:

As for this statemnet:

I don't get it. Isn't it catering to Larry's needs as well to have a morea fluid and productive offense? Don't you keep building up the defense while also directing the offense to their strengths? Aren't guys going to be more dug in and psyched on the defensive end after a made basket?

I know the stock answer is, "Everything flows from the D. Discipline has to be established before freedoms, dtc." If that's the cae, is it really working? Do we anticipate it WILL work? Are we leaving tons of offensive potential on the table? And if so, for what? We seem to have one alienated and dispirited team, don't we?

i'm guessing his philosophy is that if they don't play defense, i will not let them flex their wings on the other end. but i also think the players on the team have dictated lb's involvement in play calling. steph said today that he called most of the plays during the winning streak. then he gets hurt, we look totally lost, then lb took the reigns of play calling. if we had more pass-first guys all throughout the roster, and guys that know who to pass the ball off at the right times, i think the offense would look totally different. i think the talent has somewhat dictated the offensive flow as well.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  1:19 PM
Posted by fishmike:

sniff sniff... smell that? Its the smell of Tony Battie and Marcus Banks in Knick unis

The Rock doesn't smell anything but the smell of a pathetic team cooking in the crap they put out on the floor game in & game out.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2006  1:20 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I can live with that, marcus banks is pretty young, and he is good, I bet he would not mind deferring to francis also...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2006  1:21 PM
freedom is earned!

Our team does when it runs does not defend after running. We give the points right back.

Play the Defense, and earn it!
edsonline
Member: #735
3/14/2006  1:22 PM
TMS, that was f---ing great!! If you smellll-lalalalala-OW!!! What The Rock ... is ... cooking!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  1:28 PM
i was at the game last night & i literally fell asleep in my seat during the 3rd quarter... that's never happened to me before... this team has just conditioned me to get used to losing... it's sad.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/14/2006  4:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

if the players buy into what lb says, then they will become better players. he ran down a list of guys like nazr, eric snow, reggie miller, iverson, etc. as players lb has made better and have gotten nice contracts b/c of him.

hmm. That's interesting - Brown has worked well with a lot of guys who had to EARN their next contract. Here he has a bunch of guys who would be fine financially if they never got another contract (outside of the rooks). Maybe that's a difference in how much you are willing to listen, maybe that's another reason not to overpay players or build around overpaid guys.
¿ △ ?
Nalod
USA
3/14/2006  4:21 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

hmm. That's interesting - Brown has worked well with a lot of guys who had to EARN their next contract. Here he has a bunch of guys who would be fine financially if they never got another contract (outside of the rooks). Maybe that's a difference in how much you are willing to listen, maybe that's another reason not to overpay players or build around overpaid guys.

Is there another team on the planet that has this few players earning this much money? Think of the culture in the lockerroom? THese guys are making outrageous money!

Portland for a few years was no. 2 and look at that mess.

Maybe we should care about payroll not because "its not our money" but the chemistry of the billionares boys club is not an environment condusive to hunger, and winning!

OldFan
Member: #446
3/14/2006  5:56 PM
Posted by Nalod:
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:

Is there another team on the planet that has this few players earning this much money? Think of the culture in the lockerroom? THese guys are making outrageous money!

Portland for a few years was no. 2 and look at that mess.

Maybe we should care about payroll not because "its not our money" but the chemistry of the billionares boys club is not an environment condusive to hunger, and winning!

That's a very interesting point.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/15/2006  8:59 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

he says it looks bad b/c they're losing and that's when all the ugly stuff comes out.

the one bad thing he said about nyc is that you can make a comment and then the media runs with it. (hinting that lb probably shouldn't say so much to the media but admits that he's frustrated)

like crappy sports writing and the gullible fans that believe everything they read.

Nalod
USA
3/15/2006  9:01 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by djsunyc:

like crappy sports writing and the gullible fans that believe everything they read.

If we can get the media to defend and take care of the ball, Im sure things would be better.
djsunyc
3/15/2006  9:56 AM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by djsunyc:

not for nothing - before the season started, the sportswriters all asked the following questions:

- can isiah and lb co-exist?
- can steph + lb co-exist?

and all of them said the knicks would be a fringe playoff team, not like the 45 win team most of us thought would happen.

so their questions and doubts are proven to be true, while us "gullible" knicks fan refuted them back in november.

give us a little credit.

btw, WE'RE ALL GULLIBLE b/c NONE OF US ARE THERE IN THE LOCKERROOM, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, ETC.
Nalod
USA
3/15/2006  10:05 AM
I thought the media were over blowing the whole LB/Statbury thing at the beginning of the season. They were far more correct than most of us. In fact, The media even with its over hyped nonsense has proven to me more accurate in the last few years.

Is hate just our reaction to speculative truth?

Hate is Denial.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/15/2006  4:22 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by djsunyc:

not for nothing - before the season started, the sportswriters all asked the following questions:

- can isiah and lb co-exist?
- can steph + lb co-exist?

and all of them said the knicks would be a fringe playoff team, not like the 45 win team most of us thought would happen.

so their questions and doubts are proven to be true, while us "gullible" knicks fan refuted them back in november.

give us a little credit.

btw, WE'RE ALL GULLIBLE b/c NONE OF US ARE THERE IN THE LOCKERROOM, BEHIND CLOSED DOORS, ETC.

and niether are half the sports writer fueling this fire.

please correct me if Im wrong, but I thought there was only a handful of reporters that follow and travel with the team...
calipari on isiah + lb on SAS

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy