[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Possible destinations for Marbury in the off-season
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/14/2006  10:53 AM
These are just possible/doable destinations for Marbury this off-season (as i see it)

1. Marbury, Nate, Big Game and SA pick to Minny for Blount, Jaric, Madsen, Hudson and their 1st RD pick this year. I think Minny would do this to get KG his sidekick and make a run in the playoffs.

2. Marbury, Lee to LA Lakers for Odom, McKie and 1st RD pick from Miami(25th pick). Kobe/Marbury backcourt would be downright lethal. Now you have a perimeter player to cover for Marbs defensive liabilities.

3. Marbury to Indiana for Croshere, Bender and their 1st and 2nd RD pick for this year. This is basically trading for expiring contracts and getting a mid 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Marbury. Here is your 2nd rounder for Justin Williams Talk about helping Indiana... A trio of Marbury, Peja and O'Neal would be dealy offensively.

I like the Minny scenario the best.

[Edited by - NYKBocker on 03-14-2006 10:53 AM]
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/14/2006  11:07 AM
Phil Jax wants no part of Stephon Mebury
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NYKBocker
USA
3/14/2006  11:23 AM
Posted by McK1:

Phil Jax wants no part of Stephon Mebury

Maybe, but dude has an ego the size of Saugerties. If he wins with Marbury and Kobe, it will be a notch on his belt and against LB.
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
3/14/2006  11:28 AM
I agree with the Minny idea! Although I would substitute Hassell for Hudson's contract. I also remember around the trading deadline proposing a similar deal and getting laughed at for the idea. Was wondering how those people feel about the same Minny trade now? Would you guys be open to it, or is it still a bad deal (considering the recent events, poor chemistry and our record)? No one is suggesting talent wise it's equal - but chemistry and filling our needs (defense, sharing ball) is not where it needs to be.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2006  11:31 AM
I think the Hawks are viable. A Marbury and Joe Johnson backcourt is pretty explosive. Marbury DOES create easy finishes for bigs. Just look at Lee's dunks last night. Guys like Marvin Williams and Josh Smith will get a lot of easy throw downs off Steph's dimes. They are also a DEAD spot for FAs. Nobody wants to go there and they had to pay through the teeth just to get Joe Johnson. Since they will have massive cap space maybe a sign and trade for Harrington straight up... we wouldnt have to give Al $13mm a year to start although I'm sure Isiah will offer it.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
NYKBocker
USA
3/14/2006  11:37 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I think the Hawks are viable. A Marbury and Joe Johnson backcourt is pretty explosive. Marbury DOES create easy finishes for bigs. Just look at Lee's dunks last night. Guys like Marvin Williams and Josh Smith will get a lot of easy throw downs off Steph's dimes. They are also a DEAD spot for FAs. Nobody wants to go there and they had to pay through the teeth just to get Joe Johnson. Since they will have massive cap space maybe a sign and trade for Harrington straight up... we wouldnt have to give Al $13mm a year to start although I'm sure Isiah will offer it.

I was thinking about Atlanta, but the owners are in the Donald Sterling level that I don't think they would pay 1 player that much money. If they do, a sign and trade of Al Harrington plus a future 1st rounder would be good for us. Maybe we can get their pick this year and just have it top 3 protected on their side.
McK1
3/14/2006  11:39 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Hawks can merely draft a point. Knight top 10 protected the pick to Phoenix

and also they seem to have the utmost confidence in Joes ability to play point. In that case, they can draft a 2 with decent ball-handling skills to complement him like Roy.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-14-2006 11:41 AM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
McK1
3/14/2006  11:48 AM
I could see Houston or Minny gambling.

Steph for Stro Skip and Sura works straight up

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-14-2006 11:50 AM]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/14/2006  11:51 AM
I wouldn't want to be the GM risking my career by bringing in Marbs at this point. I bet people are saying, "If he can't get tons of easy baskets for Frye, Lee, Woods, Francis, Crawford . . ."
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/14/2006  11:53 AM
any team that's willing to take back marbs is a desperate team.

there are some desperate teams out there. teams that can't attract free agents or teams that are desperately trying to salvage a fanbase or a star player on their team.

teams that come to mind: memphis, houston, atlanta, and minny.

outside shot: seattle, clippers
McK1
3/14/2006  12:03 PM
Carroll Dawson may be desperate enough, especially with the uncertainty that hovers over TMac's health.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/14/2006  12:19 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by fishmike:

and also they seem to have the utmost confidence in Joes ability to play point. In that case, they can draft a 2 with decent ball-handling skills to complement him like Roy.

And maybe they get the next Deron Williams. If Harrington walks they wont even be able to make the NBA minimum for salary so they have to add someone. They have enough young guys there. Nobody goes to games. The place has been a morgue since Lenny, Mookie, Steve and Deke said goodye, and that team was never more then a 2nd round loser.

Marbury has his set of problems but your not just going to draft a 20/8 player. Thats stupid. If you have watched a single Hawk game you would know that JJ is the furthest thing from a PG. He's a 2/3 that can handle the ball. Big difference and they know it there.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2006  12:20 PM
a dump is a dump anyway you look at it.

We might have to GIVE away a pick to rid of him.

Houstan is hurting, what a clusterphuch that franchise has become.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/14/2006  12:23 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by fishmike:

And maybe they get the next Deron Williams. If Harrington walks they wont even be able to make the NBA minimum for salary so they have to add someone. They have enough young guys there. Nobody goes to games. The place has been a morgue since Lenny, Mookie, Steve and Deke said goodye, and that team was never more then a 2nd round loser.

Marbury has his set of problems but your not just going to draft a 20/8 player. Thats stupid. If you have watched a single Hawk game you would know that JJ is the furthest thing from a PG. He's a 2/3 that can handle the ball. Big difference and they know it there.

yea, I go to a lot of Hawks games, and I think ATL is a good fit for marbs, he can even play some SG,because JJ has the size to guard bigger players, plus he can run some point, he had 17 assists last night..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  12:35 PM
MIN & ATL are the only viable candidates in my view... i'd take Al Harrington in any deal for Marbury if we could... i'd also give up Marbs to MIN to get back Ricky Davis & their 1st rounder.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/14/2006  12:36 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

any team that's willing to take back marbs is a desperate team.

there are some desperate teams out there. teams that can't attract free agents or teams that are desperately trying to salvage a fanbase or a star player on their team.

teams that come to mind: memphis, houston, atlanta, and minny.

outside shot: seattle, clippers
I agree and would add Dallas IF they have another disappointing postseason, in which case Cuban will want more firepower and probably won't care about money, especially when we can take back salary too.
McK1
3/14/2006  12:53 PM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by fishmike:

I do watch Hawk games. Joe is just as "effective" as Marbury running a team.

Atlanta's preference is to duplicate the 3 spot not the backcourt. We'll see if the Hawks jump at the chance to use all the cap room they cleared moving Ratliff and SAR to reunite Joe and Steph at a number around 40 mill plus for the next 3 seasons.

and Deron Williams will be good in this league along time.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-14-2006 12:56 PM]
edsonline
Member: #735
3/14/2006  12:57 PM
Those trades all suck. Isiah needs to get those two *******s back on the same page. There weren't any problems during the six game win streak. And Marbs was averaging 23 and 9.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/14/2006  1:17 PM
Great to get value for him.
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/14/2006  2:11 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by fishmike:

I do watch Hawk games. Joe is just as "effective" as Marbury running a team.

Atlanta's preference is to duplicate the 3 spot not the backcourt. We'll see if the Hawks jump at the chance to use all the cap room they cleared moving Ratliff and SAR to reunite Joe and Steph at a number around 40 mill plus for the next 3 seasons.

and Deron Williams will be good in this league along time.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-14-2006 12:56 PM]

Ah they better do something. Its not about winning games in Atlanta, its about getting people to show up. A huge problem. Marbury is still attractive around Atlanta. If I was King I would have traded for Marbury instead of bringing in Joe Johnson. I don't expect King to survive this season anyway.
I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
Possible destinations for Marbury in the off-season

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy