Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/15/2006  2:30 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:

as the season has progressed Frye has gotten noticeably thinner. His level of play has slumped in direct correlation.

Projecting,

his body can't maintain the level of muscle and physical endurance to be a 36 minutes per night guy scoring 18-20 a game and pulling down 8-10 boards over a full 82.

What are you a doctor?

Hol, seriously, you need to slow down on the posting and put some more thought into your typing. Thanks.

At this rate my money is on Holfresh to reach 10000 posts before Bonn or Guns.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/15/2006  2:38 PM
Negative.

Frye definitely does need to bulk up more. It's gonna take him a couple of years though. I'm sure he'll work very hard this Summer, but don't be surprised if he comes back, very close to as skinny as he is now. It's gonna take time. Just remember too, Marcus Camby is much stronger now, but still almost as skinny as he was when he was on the Knicks. It might take Frye many years.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/15/2006  2:40 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:
[quote]Posted by McK1:

his body can't maintain the level of muscle and physical endurance to be a 36 minutes per night guy scoring 18-20 a game and pulling down 8-10 boards over a full 82.
Are you saying this is true for all or mostly all rookies or just Frye? I think this is true for most rookies, not just Frye. If you think its just Frye, why do you think so?

I don't believe its a rookie phenomena at all.

Charlie V, Paul, Felton, Bogut have not shown such physical deterioration and they've logged as many minutes as Frye.

its just my opinion but because he is so mechanical in his movements he needs the muscle to be effective, whereas a guy like Gasol can compensate for his thin build by combining his length with guard like fluidity.

Camby was always a fluid athlete as well

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 2:40 PM]

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 2:41 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2006  2:44 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:

as the season has progressed Frye has gotten noticeably thinner. His level of play has slumped in direct correlation.

Projecting,

What are you a doctor?

Hol, seriously, you need to slow down on the posting and put some more thought into your typing. Thanks.

. I'm gonna bet like LB and only give him sporatic posting time. Start him one day and bench him the next 'til he gets it right.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/15/2006  2:47 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by Silverfuel:
[quote]Posted by McK1:

Are you saying this is true for all or mostly all rookies or just Frye? I think this is true for most rookies, not just Frye. If you think its just Frye, why do you think so?

I don't believe its a rookie phenomena at all.

Charlie V, Paul, Felton, Bogut have not shown such physical deterioration and they've logged as many minutes as Frye.

its just my opinion but because he is so mechanical in his movements he needs the muscle to be effective, whereas a guy like Gasol can compensate for his thin build by combining his length with guard like fluidity.

Camby was always a fluid athlete as well

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 2:40 PM]

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-15-2006 2:41 PM]

I don't know man. I kinda see some fluidity in Frye myself, and he just needs fine tuning, and yes, more muscle tone.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/15/2006  3:00 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:

Projecting,

What are you a doctor?

This is the seacond time martin...could you please elaborate?

holfresh

3/15/2006  3:03 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:

Projecting,

What are you a doctor?

. I'm gonna bet like LB and only give him sporatic posting time. Start him one day and bench him the next 'til he gets it right.

Dude...just let me know bro...I won't post anymore....If you're pissed at a difference of opinion thats cool....

holfresh

3/15/2006  3:09 PM
Your biggest gripe with me is that I like Marbs, Frye and don't like Brown...completely opposite to ur opinions....You know what it's not worth it to go on...seriously...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/15/2006  3:09 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by martin:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by McK1:

Projecting,

What are you a doctor?

Dude...just let me know bro...I won't post anymore....If you're pissed at a difference of opinion thats cool....

I don't mind the difference, I just want you to put some more thought into what you are posting. You are throwing a lot out there but tying none of it together. That's all.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh

3/15/2006  3:12 PM

If you are able to....go back and read what I have put on this board...then tell me about well thought out post again...
islesfan
3/15/2006  3:12 PM
Posted by holfresh:

Your biggest gripe with me is that I like Marbs, Frye and don't like Brown...completely opposite to ur opinions....You know what it's not worth it to go on...seriously...

Relax dude. Just because Martin had some words of advice for you, don't be like that guy on the Sopranos who couldn't go on just because Tony told him he couldn't go to Florida.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
holfresh

3/15/2006  3:18 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by holfresh:

Relax dude. Just because Martin had some words of advice for you, don't be like that guy on the Sopranos who couldn't go on just because Tony told him he couldn't go to Florida.

Great episode huh...He was doing that for the fam....It's the only way his fam could escape....

islesfan
3/15/2006  3:26 PM
One of the better ones. If this is any indication, it's going to be a great season.
holfresh

3/15/2006  3:30 PM
Posted by islesfan:

One of the better ones. If this is any indication, it's going to be a great season.

Well let's all hope...

Big love tho is a little bizarre....

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/15/2006  5:55 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by holfresh:

Simply put..Frye is 20 and 10 for the next 10 years...Lee is not....Lee cannot create his own shot...He cannot defend the 4 spot or the 3...Frye can play the 4 or the 5....

How does Lee play when Steph is on the bench...He cannot score...Just put backs...The entire league is trying land Frye not Lee.....Please dude I like Lee.....Stop with the trade Frye talk..

20 and 10 the next 10 years??? You must be smoking some serious crack. When did he become a Hall of Fame player?

Shareef put up close to 20/10 for 8 straight years and is nowhere near a hall-of-famer. C Webb's done it for 13 years and is probably not a hall-of-famer. Jamison's been about 20/8 for six years and is no hall-of-famer. Antoine Walker had 8 years of close to 20/10 and is no hall-of-famer. 20/10 is a poor standard for judging hall-of-fame status.
holfresh

3/15/2006  6:05 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by holfresh:

Simply put..Frye is 20 and 10 for the next 10 years...Lee is not....Lee cannot create his own shot...He cannot defend the 4 spot or the 3...Frye can play the 4 or the 5....

How does Lee play when Steph is on the bench...He cannot score...Just put backs...The entire league is trying land Frye not Lee.....Please dude I like Lee.....Stop with the trade Frye talk..

20 and 10 the next 10 years??? You must be smoking some serious crack. When did he become a Hall of Fame player?

Shareef put up close to 20/10 for 8 straight years and is nowhere near a hall-of-famer. C Webb's done it for 13 years and is probably not a hall-of-famer. Jamison's been about 20/8 for six years and is no hall-of-famer. Antoine Walker had 8 years of close to 20/10 and is no hall-of-famer. 20/10 is a poor standard for judging hall-of-fame status.

I think the point was that if you can get 20 and 10 out of Frye tghen we would take it...
I think the other poster took it a step further saying that 20 and 10 are HOF stats and Frye won't be that...
I think Lee has more NBA potential than Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy