[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

I think Lee has more NBA potential than Frye
Author Thread
Bippity10
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #574
3/14/2006  12:48 PM
Lee is a great rebounder that can finish around the basket, other than that what has he shown? Frye has shown more all around ability in my eyes. Better shooter, can finish at the rim, can run the floor, better idea of the flow of the offense, can score more easily. All that being said, who cares. They both are good and both on my team and I am happy for both of them. Both can be good players on a good team.

They both work hard and I am going to say that over the next few years one if not both is going to take a giant leap ahead as they figure out the game and learn what works and what doesn't. But I look at Frye and see a guy with no confidence, no post moves and no muscle and still can walk on any court against any opponent today and in 30 mintues will give you 16 pts and 7-8 rebounds as a rookie. Even if you like Lee more you have to be excited about Frye's future.
I just hope that people will like me
AUTOADVERT
MS
Member: #724
3/14/2006  12:54 PM
I like the point Martin, really what exactly does Frye do that is all that impressive: he makes wide open jump shots, and he is unbelievablly slow, can be a capable rebounder, doesn't jump all that well, he does have a good work ethic, but lee is superior in every facet of the game accept his jumpshot

He gets down the floor faster, finishes better, jumps higher and has one of the better IQ's I have seen in a long time, if we can package frye with one of the guards for a star why not do it, I still like what Nate brings off the bench and maybe he gets it in a year or too....if possible you need to keep two of the rooks, but you need to give up something in order to find the light

Frye has a lot of value in the league so lets see whats out there
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  1:14 PM
i agree Bip... Frye's easily going to be a 20/8 player w/in a couple seasons imho.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
McK1
Member: #964
3/14/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by TMS:

i agree Bip... Frye's easily going to be a 20/8 player w/in a couple seasons imho.

16 & 7 tops
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/14/2006  1:24 PM
Again, a couple of seasons is a stretch, I think at least, but he will get there. He still needs to work on that leg strength, but to say Lee has more upside is a little out of line and I think we all saw why last night. Lee can be a solid SF, but his ball handling isn't all good, he can't shoot, his defense is a little overrated against small fowards. He doesn't put a hand up a lot of times. Frye has offensive skills and MOVES that Lee just doesn't possess, and will be seeing double teams in just a couple of years. And to say that Frye is slow is out of line. He runs the floor extremely well, and just as good as Lee.

What Frye needs to do is learn how open he is. He frequently passes up shots that he should be taking, and when he's wiiiiiide open, he often rushes them. I think it's clear as day though, that he just doesn't have a lot of confidence at the moment.

Again, I think they will both be great for us. THey both just aren't great right now and their weaknesses are severely exposed.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Allanfan20
USA
3/14/2006  1:25 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by TMS:

16 & 7 tops

No way.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
TMS
USA
3/14/2006  1:32 PM
A-fan, why is a couple seasons a stretch? i've seen players like Carlos Boozer improve his game in the span of 2 seasons to average 18 & 9 & he was a 2nd round pick that came out of school w/alot less upside... he did that all on hard work... Frye's not lacking in the work ethic department, & he's a more talented basketball player... i can easily see him getting to 20 & 8 type numbers in 2 or 3 seasons.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Allanfan20
USA
3/14/2006  1:40 PM
I just think it's gonna take him a little more than that to work on his strength, but hey, I'm on your side. I hope with the best of them that he can get there in 2 seasons. He certainly has the capability. However, if he were say, an 18 and 7 player, 2 seasons from now, with much improved defense, then I would be happy with the progress.
TMS
USA
3/14/2006  1:43 PM
defensively, he's got a ways to go, i agree... playing under LB you maybe right that it'll take him longer only because he won't see the playing time until he improves on his defense.
Allanfan20
USA
3/14/2006  1:43 PM
But hey, these are just stats and nothing else. If he's an big part of a rising team that's finally winning in 2 seasons, but simply putting up the decent numbers, better than now, but not to where you proposed, then that's all that matters. He's making progress. In 2 seasons, lets see him learn to take that J more w/o rushing it, and for him to trust that crafty jump hook of his, and see him block some more shots and rotate quicker on the defense. Heck, I've noticed that his pick and roll D is improving as we speak. Either way, Channing and David are both my guys right now.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/14/2006  2:02 PM
David Lee reminds me of Tom Chambers. Hopefully he can reach the same level of play as Tom did.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/14/2006  2:05 PM
Frye has more potential due to his size. A 6'11" College Center with offensive skills is automatically seen to have a higher ceiling potential than a 6'9" College Center being asked to convert to SF in the NBA.
McK1
Member: #964
3/14/2006  2:07 PM
Posted by TMS:

A-fan, why is a couple seasons a stretch? i've seen players like Carlos Boozer improve his game in the span of 2 seasons to average 18 & 9 & he was a 2nd round pick that came out of school w/alot less upside... he did that all on hard work... Frye's not lacking in the work ethic department, & he's a more talented basketball player... i can easily see him getting to 20 & 8 type numbers in 2 or 3 seasons.

how do you figure Boozer had less talent? because he couldn't shoot a 20 footer

Boozers physique and athleticism at the same age lightyears ahead of Frye

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/14/2006  2:15 PM
Posted by MS:

I like the point Martin, really what exactly does Frye do that is all that impressive: he makes wide open jump shots, and he is unbelievablly slow, can be a capable rebounder, doesn't jump all that well, he does have a good work ethic, but lee is superior in every facet of the game accept his jumpshot

He gets down the floor faster, finishes better, jumps higher and has one of the better IQ's I have seen in a long time, if we can package frye with one of the guards for a star why not do it, I still like what Nate brings off the bench and maybe he gets it in a year or too....if possible you need to keep two of the rooks, but you need to give up something in order to find the light

Simply put..Frye is 20 and 10 for the next 10 years...Lee is not....Lee cannot create his own shot...He cannot defend the 4 spot or the 3...Frye can play the 4 or the 5....

How does Lee play when Steph is on the bench...He cannot score...Just put backs...The entire league is trying land Frye not Lee.....Please dude I like Lee.....Stop with the trade Frye talk..

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/14/2006  2:19 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by MS:

Simply put..Frye is 20 and 10 for the next 10 years...Lee is not....Lee cannot create his own shot...He cannot defend the 4 spot or the 3...Frye can play the 4 or the 5....

How does Lee play when Steph is on the bench...He cannot score...Just put backs...The entire league is trying land Frye not Lee.....Please dude I like Lee.....Stop with the trade Frye talk..

I think I could switch Frye's and Lee's name in your post and offer the same thing you did. Which is not much.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/14/2006  2:20 PM
he has a point.
all kool aid all the time.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/14/2006  2:50 PM
Posted by holfresh:

20 and 10 the next 10 years??? You must be smoking some serious crack. When did he become a Hall of Fame player?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/14/2006  2:54 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by holfresh:

20 and 10 the next 10 years??? You must be smoking some serious crack. When did he become a Hall of Fame player?

Thats easy Isles.. Frye became a Hall of Famer the same time that Holfresh said that the media hates Marbury and it's never his fault. Serious crack

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-14-2006 2:55 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Pharzeone
Alba Posts: 14
Member: #871
3/14/2006  3:02 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by holfresh:

LOL, why are you calling a player who gets 20 and 10 over a ten year period a HOF. So I guess Marbury is an Icon based on your reasoning. Watch yourself, you are tripping on your own words.

I don't like to play bad rookies , I like to play good rookies - Mike D'Antoni
TMS
USA
3/14/2006  3:03 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by TMS:

how do you figure Boozer had less talent? because he couldn't shoot a 20 footer

Boozers physique and athleticism at the same age lightyears ahead of Frye

no, because he was a supplementary player on his NCAA team, while Frye was the main cog on his... also because about every NBA franchise deemed him to be worthy of second round pick status when he came out & Frye was taken 8th overall... but i guess those scouts don't know what they're talking about & i guess you saw it all the way that Boozer had the talent to be a 18 & 9 guy, didn't you? my bad... next time i'll check with you before i make such outlandish comments.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-14-2006 3:04 PM]
I think Lee has more NBA potential than Frye

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy