better personell? Bobcats or Knicks?
Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/13/2006  3:03 AM
Posted by tkf:

why is it when people want to compare talent, everyone seems to bring up "payroll" that is becomming so tiring, either you believe the talent is better or not, damn the payroll for a minute. Kobe makes 3 times as much as lebron, does that make Lebron better? by a landslide?

hearing payroll come up everytime we compare players is just as tiring as those old "knock, Knock" Jokes...

Value doesn't matter? For real? Perhaps not to the Knicks, the dumping ground for bad contracts, but it matters to every sentient GM and owner.

What's tiring is that the Knicks keep adding payroll which makes it harder to acquire talent, and virtually every veteran is overpaid.

btw, The Kobe/LeBron comparison is irrelevant because their reflective contracts reflects the way the CBA structures salaries based on seniority.
AUTOADVERT
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/13/2006  5:36 AM
Only 2 plyers I really wouls want off the bobcts are Wallace and Felton. I would want ok4 too if he wasn't a walking injury.
~You can't run from who you are.~
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/13/2006  7:51 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by tkf:

why is it when people want to compare talent, everyone seems to bring up "payroll" that is becomming so tiring, either you believe the talent is better or not, damn the payroll for a minute. Kobe makes 3 times as much as lebron, does that make Lebron better? by a landslide?

hearing payroll come up everytime we compare players is just as tiring as those old "knock, Knock" Jokes...

Value doesn't matter? For real? Perhaps not to the Knicks, the dumping ground for bad contracts, but it matters to every sentient GM and owner.

What's tiring is that the Knicks keep adding payroll which makes it harder to acquire talent, and virtually every veteran is overpaid.

btw, The Kobe/LeBron comparison is irrelevant because their reflective contracts reflects the way the CBA structures salaries based on seniority.
sorry TFK, I have to side with Rich on this one. Look no further than these comments from our starting PG:
"So what do I do now, as far as the way I play?" Marbury said in the interview. "I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka 'Starbury.' I haven't been 'Starbury' this year. I've been some other dude this year ... When you watch the games, that's not Stephon Marbury."

"If this was my contract year and I went to any organization, based on how I played this year, and asked for the max, tell me what they would tell me," .Marbury said in the interview. "They'd say, 'That ain't happening.' "

Now if Marbury made the kind of money Billups did we could move him in a heart beat, but his contract means any team that takes him on is building their whole roster/salary structure around Marbury.

Not gonna happen. Same applies for the rest of our "stars"

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/13/2006  8:04 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Rich:

[quote]Posted by tkf:

sorry TFK, I have to side with Rich on this one. Look no further than these comments from our starting PG:
"So what do I do now, as far as the way I play?" Marbury said in the interview. "I go back to playing like Stephon Marbury, aka 'Starbury.' I haven't been 'Starbury' this year. I've been some other dude this year ... When you watch the games, that's not Stephon Marbury."

"If this was my contract year and I went to any organization, based on how I played this year, and asked for the max, tell me what they would tell me," .Marbury said in the interview. "They'd say, 'That ain't happening.' "

Now if Marbury made the kind of money Billups did we could move him in a heart beat, but his contract means any team that takes him on is building their whole roster/salary structure around Marbury.

Fishmike, right on. I dont understand when people say "it's not your money". Well, it isn't my money, but I'm not dumb enough[yet:>)] to comprehend that NO one ELSE wants those types of contracts and IF they do, they want to send 1 back. Its a TERRIBLE business plan

RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/13/2006  10:52 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by tkf:

fish, I am not arguing that point, I despise what is going on now with steph, but when someone ask me which personell I rather have, I rather from a talent standpoint have the knicks talent. Now if someone asked me which team was in a better situation, I would say the bobcats and it is not because of talent. This is why I asked, is Lebron a better pick than Kobe by a landslide because he makes 1/3 of kobes salary? I am responding to the question of personnel, meaning all things being equal, who would you rather have? I mean if I use Rich's reasoning, I rather have no players and start from scratch over what the bobcats have, Draft a high pick and sign guys like Al Harrington in the off season? does that mean no personell is better than what the bobcats have now?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/13/2006  10:55 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by Rich:

[quote]Posted by tkf:

Fishmike, right on. I dont understand when people say "it's not your money". Well, it isn't my money, but I'm not dumb enough[yet:>)] to comprehend that NO one ELSE wants those types of contracts and IF they do, they want to send 1 back. Its a TERRIBLE business plan
I thought you said you DIDN'T want to trade Marbury (or Francis)? If that's the case, then why are you so worried about what we'd get back in a trade for a player you would have no intentions of trading?
(I have a different position in that I don't like having a Marbury/Francis backcourt and actually would like to trade Marbury but don't think we'll get much back.)
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/13/2006  10:56 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Okafor is always injured

when? this is the first year he ever missed a material amount of time. he was ROY last year won an nCAA championship the yera prior and 2 defensive player of the year awards.

how many games did MJ play his second year?

I thought that in just 24 months this was the 2nd time Okafor missed huge time (one due to severe back problems and one due to severe ankle problems). You can correct me if I'm wrong.
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
3/13/2006  11:27 AM
Just remember that OK4 will come up for a contract in 2 years and if IT is still around (unlikely) then he will come to NY for a max deal and will proceed to play 10 games a year for the life of the contract.
OldFan
Member: #446
3/13/2006  9:58 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by tkf:

I agree.
tomverve
Member: #878
3/13/2006  10:18 PM
Posted by tkf:

knock knock

who's there?

jerome james

jerome james who?

jerome james is fat!!! lol!!!
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/14/2006  9:19 AM
knock knock

who's there?

jerome james

*Isiah runs to the door w/a $30 million dollar contract*
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/14/2006  9:29 AM
good one, TMS.

Jerome James signing is infamous
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
better personell? Bobcats or Knicks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy