[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who to draft and why ...
Author Thread
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
3/8/2006  11:50 AM
This team definitely needs shot-blocking and outside shooting. Keep the Nuggets pick and use the Spurs pick, $3 million and/or the 2008 2nd round pick to move up for a higher pick. Use the picks on shot-blocking C Hilton Armstrong and outside-shooting SG Richard Roby.
AUTOADVERT
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/8/2006  12:10 PM
I'd prefer to combine the 2 picks and try to move up to grab a shot blocker. No need adding 2 rookies to the team. Boone would be nice.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2006  12:12 PM
Posted by Andrew:

I'd prefer to combine the 2 picks and try to move up to grab a shot blocker. No need adding 2 rookies to the team. Boone would be nice.

Nice.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2006  12:17 PM
how high could nate + both #1's move us up on draft night?
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/8/2006  12:58 PM
Shelden Williams should be our target.

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/8/2006  1:54 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Shelden Williams should be our target.

I am not a college fan and just go with what I read online. Shelden Williams seems a tad short for the 4 spor in the NBA. Is he really that good in the Elton Brand mold?
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
3/8/2006  1:59 PM
Shelden Williams...Defensive POY as a Junior. Averaging 3.7 blocks a game and 10.4 rebounds a game this year. Those are the only 2 stats I need to know about. Sold.
PURE KNICKS LOVE
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2006  2:03 PM
Shelden Williams is great, and he's at least 4 inches taller than Malik Rose with a HUGE wing span. He's tough as hell. Of course, Larry wouldn't play him, so I don't know what the point would be?
¿ △ ?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/8/2006  2:03 PM
Shelden's more of a rugged PF/C in the Tyrone Hill/Antonio Davis mold than the Elton Brand mold.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/8/2006  2:32 PM
Posted by VDesai:

Shelden's more of a rugged PF/C in the Tyrone Hill/Antonio Davis mold than the Elton Brand mold.

does that mean a taller version of Boozer?
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
3/8/2006  2:39 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Shelden Williams is great, and he's at least 4 inches taller than Malik Rose with a HUGE wing span. He's tough as hell. Of course, Larry wouldn't play him, so I don't know what the point would be?

I respect your posting man, but this is wrong. Play hard, play smart and you will get minutes. The rooks often play hard but because of lack of experience they don't always play smart, but that doesn't disclude a smart, hard-playing rook from getting minutes.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2006  2:39 PM
I think we shoudnt draft anyone. We already have enough young guys. Are we getting a froncourt player better than Frye or Lee? If there is an athletic swing player with some skills maybe. Something like an Ariza that could dribble with his head up and shoot a jumper, but a guy like that wont likely be available to us.

I would look to send Mo Taylor and the Spurs pick to Atl for their 07 second rounder or a future first rounder. This would give us a very NICE trade exception we could use. Atl simply needs bigs and the can rent Mo Taylor for a year and get an extra pick out of it.

This then gives you a lot of options, because you can take back a players salary for nothing and even offer the nuggets pick in return. Essentially, this would give us $10mm in cap space. I like Reggie Evans as most know but Marcus Banks would also fit well IMO. Even Tonny Battie if it was a 2-3 year deal only.

Then you just wait. Keep working on Lee, Frye and Butler.

When you have guards like Marbury and Francis I favor smaller faster line ups... I'm looking at something like this for an 06-07 rotation:
Curry/Frye/Butler
Evans/Lee/Rose
Rose/Q/Q2
Francis/Crawford
Marbury/Banks

Its still too many guys but Jalen's deal is up at year end. If at some point I can package a couple guys for a big gun maybe I do that.. point is you have some options.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
3/8/2006  2:44 PM
^ I don't get this.... Does ALT have a trade exception to offere the Knicks in exchange for MoT?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2006  2:45 PM
Posted by martin:

^ I don't get this.... Does ALT have a trade exception to offere the Knicks in exchange for MoT?

you can make a trade to a team under the cap. that amount is the trade exemption.

with that said, i don't think atlanta bites on mo taylor until possibly later this summer. since attracting free agents are tough, may atlanta can get gadz for a future #1?
martin
USA
3/8/2006  2:48 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by martin:

you can make a trade to a team under the cap. that amount is the trade exemption.

with that said, i don't think atlanta bites on mo taylor until possibly later this summer. since attracting free agents are tough, may atlanta can get gadz for a future #1?

ok got it... didn't read far enough to see that DEN would be passing bodies back to the Knicks in the same transactions.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/8/2006  2:58 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by VDesai:

No, he's listed at 6'8" which means he's probably Malik Rose or slightly taller. I'm not that impressed with him... It's the old college trick - all the players who should be in college and make Sheldon look like junk (Amare, Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Bosh, etc etc). This makes it really hard to evaluate all college players since the real "stars" are already in the NBA.
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/8/2006  3:00 PM
Posted by martin:

under the cap teams can take back more salary... now why'd they want mo T when they could draft whoever is beyond me.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/8/2006  3:04 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by VDesai:

More of a banger/defender than Boozer. He's a hardworking lunchpail type. I don't see a huge upside with him but he can play a solid role on the NBA level. I keep bringing up Tyrone Hill...to me that's exactly the kind of player he is.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/154/career;_ylt=ArjH3NghHiKTV.EQRVjoSBOkvLYF
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/8/2006  3:07 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by VDesai:

No, I don't think so. Williams wont be nearly as good as Boozer on the offensive end.

Also, I highly doubt Willimas shot blocking in college will translate in the NBA. Kurt Thomas, of all people, averaged nearly 3 blocks per in college.

I think a comparison between Williams and Antonio Davis is accurate.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/8/2006  3:09 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I think we shoudnt draft anyone. We already have enough young guys. Are we getting a froncourt player better than Frye or Lee? If there is an athletic swing player with some skills maybe. Something like an Ariza that could dribble with his head up and shoot a jumper, but a guy like that wont likely be available to us.

I would look to send Mo Taylor and the Spurs pick to Atl for their 07 second rounder or a future first rounder. This would give us a very NICE trade exception we could use. Atl simply needs bigs and the can rent Mo Taylor for a year and get an extra pick out of it.

This then gives you a lot of options, because you can take back a players salary for nothing and even offer the nuggets pick in return. Essentially, this would give us $10mm in cap space. I like Reggie Evans as most know but Marcus Banks would also fit well IMO. Even Tonny Battie if it was a 2-3 year deal only.

Then you just wait. Keep working on Lee, Frye and Butler.

When you have guards like Marbury and Francis I favor smaller faster line ups... I'm looking at something like this for an 06-07 rotation:
Curry/Frye/Butler
Evans/Lee/Rose
Rose/Q/Q2
Francis/Crawford
Marbury/Banks

Its still too many guys but Jalen's deal is up at year end. If at some point I can package a couple guys for a big gun maybe I do that.. point is you have some options.

good plan fish. I am not so sold on sheldon williams, I think we have enough young guys, but I would not mind adding Hilton armstrong or josh boone, the atlanta trade makes a lot of sense, and letting frye and lee, and butler develop is most important..

Something like an Ariza that could dribble with his head up and shoot a jumper,

LOL.. you are wrong man. LOL!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Who to draft and why ...

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy