[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Options for remaining exception money
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
8/15/2002  10:31 AM
We have 3M out of the 4.7M mid-level exception. I still think we have some decent options out there. Travis Best would be a nice pick-up. He could either take the remaining money or we could do a sign-and-trade and send Ward to chicago for him. Not too many teams will offer him 3M or more and he would also be an upgrade at PG and probably start so he would be a bargin. Other options are Troy Hudson, who would provide good energy and Wang Zhi-Zhi. I also think Hudson would have a chance to start. Thoughts?
AUTOADVERT
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/15/2002  11:24 AM
Posted by Knixkik:

We have 3M out of the 4.7M mid-level exception. I still think we have some decent options out there. Travis Best would be a nice pick-up. He could either take the remaining money or we could do a sign-and-trade and send Ward to chicago for him. Not too many teams will offer him 3M or more and he would also be an upgrade at PG and probably start so he would be a bargin. Other options are Troy Hudson, who would provide good energy and Wang Zhi-Zhi. I also think Hudson would have a chance to start. Thoughts?

Out of all those you mentioned I like Zi Zi. But that is a double edge sword for those who want NVE. If Dallas gets their man Lewis than it frees up the Knicks to make a offer for Zi Zi. But if they don't get Lewis then it allows the Knicks to trade Thomas and Ward or any other person for NVE.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/15/2002  12:04 PM
If the Knicks signed Hudson, (or any other PG) they'd need to trade either Williams, Ward, or Eisley because you can't carry 4 PGs. I like Zhi Zhi too, but I'm not sure what his situation with China or the Golden State Warriors is (or the Mavs for that matter.) He's like an international man of mystery.
#Knickstaps
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/15/2002  12:48 PM
well if i was layden I would be more concerned with Zhi Zhi then anyone else, we need another big man - and he has a huge upside. Think about the team he plays on right now, he hardly gets any run. With some time on the floor he could get much better. Thats exactly what the Knicks need.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/17/2002  10:41 PM
I was just thinking theres a guy who hasn't gotten much attention but is a very decent center maybe even starting material if we were to trade Thomas. Kevin Willis is 40 years old, but never seems to age too much and always puts up solid numbers. Last season he put up 6 points and 6 boards in under 17 minutes. I think he's better than Doleac right now and i think we could probably sign him to a one-year deal for the minimum or slightly above. Thoughts?
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
8/18/2002  6:21 AM
I really like both Troy Hudson and Rafer Alston, but we have to concentrate on strengthening our weakest position, and that's the center spot.

Wang Zhi-Zhi would be a good one to sign to a long-term deal and bring along slowly. I think he has great potential, but he needs to find himself an inside game.

Or we could go short-term and sign either Ewing or Willis to a one-year deal at the veteran minimum. I would love to get #33 back for one more season, but I think he's going to retire and become a coach. I know Washington made him an coaching job offer, and I'm sure other teams would be interested in his services as an assitant coach.
We suck.
Options for remaining exception money

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy