"Islesfan Fever, Don't Catch It... It's Resistant to Antibiotics"
once a knick always a knick
AUTOADVERT
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/18/2006  8:24 AM
They are playin well the last 8 games actually. .500 ball.

But if Q comes back and starts, and they bench Nate again, I'm gonna stab somebody with a pencil, and thats a policy.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/18/2006  8:27 AM
Okay, let's jump in The Way Back Machine to 03-07-2006

>>islesfan - How about you back up your guarantee and agree to never post here again if they don't win all those games you have them winning. Come on, show us all how much faith you have in your Knicks.

Fearless Predictions

03/11 @CHA 7:30pm - W (okay nobody is perfect) L

03/13 DEN 7:30pm - W (the soap opera gets in the way) L

03/15 ATL 7:30pm - W (it's only the Hawks but I'll take it) W

03/17 DET 7:30pm - tbd ("hey, look what I found!") W

03/19 MIA 7:30pm - W (tbd)

How's THAT for faith Islesfar .... I mean ... fan?

Rumble young men rumble!

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-18-2006 08:30 AM]
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/18/2006  9:27 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Okay, let's jump in The Way Back Machine to 03-07-2006

>>islesfan - How about you back up your guarantee and agree to never post here again if they don't win all those games you have them winning. Come on, show us all how much faith you have in your Knicks.

Fearless Predictions

03/11 @CHA 7:30pm - W (okay nobody is perfect) L

03/13 DEN 7:30pm - W (the soap opera gets in the way) L

03/15 ATL 7:30pm - W (it's only the Hawks but I'll take it) W

03/17 DET 7:30pm - tbd ("hey, look what I found!") W

03/19 MIA 7:30pm - W (tbd)

How's THAT for faith Islesfar .... I mean ... fan?

Rumble young men rumble!
[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-18-2006 08:30 AM]

LOL You lost the first 2, you got the win over the lowly Hawks at home right, you didn't have the guts to pick a win over the Pistons and were just as surprised as the rest of us that they won and you don't have the guts to pick a win over the Heat.

Yeah, you really showed me. I'm even going to ignore the fact that you didn't have faith enough in the Knicks to even accept my challenge yet you bring it up like I was proven wrong. Funny stuff man.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/18/2006  10:06 AM
if your memory serves you correctly, i hold the distinction of predicting the longest win streak this season. with that said you can redeem yourself by correctly predicting what may possibly be the biggest win streak yet to come this season. it may have started already,

having cleared the bk smoke helps. knicks have begun to turn the corner......watch out!
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  3:14 PM
Islesfan - it's all for enetertainment purposes only.

Unlike you self-proclaimed experts I am willing to celebrate a Knicks win, rather than bemoan eveything that you think is wrong. Whatever floats your boat.

Bobby - the corner am turned

Even Jamal Crawford is playing with confidence. Hoe crazy is that?
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/18/2006  5:15 PM
Earl, I love the Knicks, but you take it to a level that makes even the biggest fans look like haters. You need to tame the comments implying that some people here aren't fans or don't support the team. Anybody here that is still talking Knicks basketball at this point in the season is a fan. People don't spend all this time on a forum for a team they don't love. They just have different ways of expressing their support for the team.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
teslawlo
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #699
USA
3/18/2006  5:20 PM
Posted by eViL:

Earl, I love the Knicks, but you take it to a level that makes even the biggest fans look like haters. You need to tame the comments implying that some people here aren't fans or don't support the team. Anybody here that is still talking Knicks basketball at this point in the season is a fan. People don't spend all this time on a forum for a team they don't love. They just have different ways of expressing their support for the team.

extremely well said.
http://allknicks.com
simrud
USA
3/18/2006  5:43 PM
Yeah ohneslty, why do people even bother with this "real" fan stuf. We are posting on a forum of a team that has been awful for a good few years now, and that is something like 19 and 44. The fact that a person bothers to come here is enough to make a true fan.

Its also enough to make him clinically insane if you ask me, cause this is masochims and nothin else lol.
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  5:53 PM
>> Earl, I love the Knicks, but you take it to a level that makes even the biggest fans look like haters.

Gee eVil - did I strike a sensitive spot or something?

My apology

Then again, how could I make a fan look like a hater unless they ARE hatin'?

Think about it
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  5:55 PM
>>extremely well said.

You guys slay me.

Since when did "Go Knicks" make someone over the top?

Damn
simrud
USA
3/18/2006  5:57 PM
Some people are def hatin, but they are hatin on players, gms, coaches. Not on the team. Can you really blame them considering how bad it is to be a Knick fan right now? I mean we gotta blow our steam out somehow lol.

Fans really don't control anything, so complaining is the only thign left to them when their team sucks. Its a situation of let him who has no sin cast the first stone really.

When the team sucks, the fans have the right to boo, basically.
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  5:57 PM
Translation

"Hey dude, shut up... you're cheering too loud!!"

Sorry. My bad.
simrud
USA
3/18/2006  6:00 PM
Nah man keep cheering. Somebody has to keep it positive.

I'll tell you a story, I have a freind we watch Knick games togetehr all the time. What usually happens, depending on who had the crappier day, one of us starts to complain and bitch as d just goes on and on. The other guy plays the optimist and tells him to shut the **** up already 15 mintus into a reptetive rant.

Guess what, the roles are reversed the next game, and so on. Its all in good fun.
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  6:11 PM
Hold UP

Some people are def hatin, but they are hatin on players, gms, coaches. Not on the team.

Simrud - please read that sentence again three times. Slowly.

>>Can you really blame them considering how bad it is to be a Knick fan right now?

Simrud - I don't blame anyone for ANYTHING. It's BAD to be a Knicks fan?

>>Fans really don't control anything, so complaining is the only thign left to them when their team sucks.

You can always refuse to purchase and merchandise, cable subscription or picket outside the world's most famous rotunda.

>>Its a situation of let him who has no sin cast the first stone really.

If there's a hell below, we're all gonna go. So I don't get what you meant.

>>When the team sucks, the fans have the right to boo, basically.

Basically. "booing is one of the things that makes Knicks fans great in demanding more from their team. Back in the day, fans would boo going inot a timeout - but encourage the team with loud cheers coming OUT of the same timeout. Tough love is cool with me.

It's the incessant carping about the same old ish, without recognizing incremental improvement of a very young team that me me question the misnomer of some "world's best basketball fans"

Simrud - How would you evaluate the quality of Knicks performance over the last eight games?

Specifically, how do you quantify the play of Jamal Crawford, Eddy Cuury, Nate, Qyntel and David Lee?

simrud
USA
3/18/2006  6:14 PM
He, you did not read my story did you lol.
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  6:14 PM
>>Its all in good fun.

No doubt Simrud.

Me and djsunyc go at it and disagree all the time but he is one of the coolest dudes to sit next to at a Knicks game. If he comes to Atlanta next season I'm gonna take him to Jocks and Jillls for a burger and a beer. Then we're going to Philips and cheer along with the other Knicks diasporites

It's ALL chin music.
Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy