Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/13/2006  1:01 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by misterearl:

..clearly his job performance is worth questioning, as anyone else would with the record of this team over 2+ years. However, history tells us that white people have often been more comfortable with criticizing non-white people in positions of power than white folk.

Any scientist or researcher has to take into consideration all of the facts before passing judgement, so to deny that racism MAY play some kind of role in Isiah's criticism seems rather selective and lacking in introspective thought.

presike - I could not have said it any better.

Never, NEVER - as Simrud claims - did I EVER mention anything about Isiah's race being the reason to give him a free pass. No one in the organization is above critique. Then on the other hand, no one has ever provided a valid reason why Scott Layden was provided four years of relative peace to destroy a playoff team, and now Isiah Thomas must correct the course the franchise was set on - in half the time (?)

But I am not here to defend Isiah, I am disspointed, but not surprised, in the level of hostility for dissenting opinion. The childish personal insults of posters like Simrud only validate how far this country has to go.

No matter how much djsunyc and I may have varying opinion, we manage to hold it together and HAVE a conversation. We've even shared the same row in Section 404. We cheer together. We hurt every time the Knicks lose. We laugh it off.

I hope it gets better so we can move on to other things.

It's only basketball.

I'm not white. Isiah sucks.
Really? I always pictured you as a bitter, balding, very old White man! And I say that with the nicest intentions!

AUTOADVERT
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/13/2006  1:58 PM
Posted by islesfan:

It's the way you feel when you walk outside with a Knicks jersey on.

For the longest time, I couldn't stand you. But that's hilarious.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/13/2006  1:59 PM
To Islesfan, everything sucks except the Isles.

Maybe we should go to his Isles board and make snotty remarks about THAT team all damn day, having not one shred of optimism whatsoever.

Funniest part about all this is that Isles didn't talk any of that crap at the season opener. IMO, He just wants to be the poster every one loves to hate. No one has filled that position since Playa got banned.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/13/2006  2:06 PM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Maybe we should go to his Isles board and make snotty remarks about THAT team all damn day, having not one shred of optimism whatsoever.

Funniest part about all this is that Isles didn't talk any of that crap at the season opener. IMO, He just wants to be the poster every one loves to hate. No one has filled that position since Playa got banned.

Nope, the Isles suck too. Mike Milbury (the Isles GM) needed to go about 8 years ago.

I didn't talk crap because I do have some social skillz. Plus it was the opening game and wanted everyone to enjoy it.

Trust me, Isiah goes and we start rebuilding this thing the right way and I'm Hardcore just like you. Well maybe just a tad more cynical but you get the point.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/13/2006  2:08 PM
One big problem with rebuiding is the CBA. Who came up with those STUPID restrictive trade rules?
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/13/2006  2:10 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:

Nope, the Isles suck too. Mike Milbury (the Isles GM) needed to go about 8 years ago.

I didn't talk crap because I do have some social skillz. Plus it was the opening game and wanted everyone to enjoy it.

Trust me, Isiah goes and we start rebuilding this thing the right way and I'm Hardcore just like you. Well maybe just a tad more cynical but you get the point.

I heard ya, Isles... LOL Wow... no wonder you're bitter. You've been waiting for a change for 8 years on the Isles? I guess you dan't want to see the Knicks go down that same path.

Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/13/2006  2:23 PM
I personally wanted Layden gone after 2 years. He was fired 2 years too late. The situation seems familiar to you? Once again somehow you connect people wanted IT fired and Layden being fired in 4 years into the same thing.

What does Dolan, takin 4 years to fire Layden, has to do with Knick fans wantin to get rid of IT in 2? Don't you remember the fire Layden chants? The website? That started right around the 2 year mark. Cmon man, EVERYBODY here hated Layden's guts. If I had to pick between Layden and IT I'd pick Layden. He has done a better job then Layden. But that job is still godawful.

I'm more then willin to have a conversation with you earl, but being acused of being a racist to top if all of for disliking somebody how has obviously done a terrible job is just reall really annoying. The fact that IT is black should have no influence on mine or yours opinion of him. To tell you the truth, I was expecting better things out of IT in the beginning simply because he was a great player in his day. But I was wrong and disapointed, and then did some research on his prior record. And I found out that he sucked at everythign he did outside of playing. Which is maddening, and a bigger issue in this country with people being hired into executive positions despite years of consecutive brutal failures.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
Bippity10
Member: #574
3/13/2006  5:25 PM
I disagree with you Isles. If we hire a GM that is specifically targeted to work with LB we will be fine. If we hire a GM like we always do, to create a splash we will continue to see the same things Isiah and Layden did. I agree with you 100% that the moves Laydne and Zeke both made are comical. I just believe that there is more behind it,than they are stupid. I think it's a pattern in NY that can be traced back to the trading of Mark Jackson instead of letting him grow with Patrick. GM's will not be patient and rebuild because they know they will be fired long before then.
I just hope that people will like me
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/13/2006  7:18 PM
Simrud - if you can find a post where I accused anyone of being a racist I'll send you a money order for $1000. No questions asked.

If you insist on repreating something I never wrote then it iis your problem and not mine.

Case closed.

And please don't give me any excuse about not wanting to scroll back that far. Hey, a thousand dollars is a thousand dollars.

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-13-2006 7:20 PM]
once a knick always a knick
simrud
USA
3/13/2006  10:25 PM
Dont' really care if you said it or not if you never meant it. I guess I misunderstood your point, in which case I apologize.
misterearl
USA
3/14/2006  9:41 AM
Simrud - apology accepted and duly noted. I would also aplogize for any antagonistic remarks that prevented you from understanding the spirit of my postage. As a friend would say, "It's all just chin music".

As fellow Knicks fans all our nerves are frayed during this season of historic breakdowns. We need a vacation.

Can we get a do-over?
simrud
USA
3/14/2006  2:19 PM
True that, we all need a break from this team. Every time I watch a game it ruins my day lol. I'v stayed away from the TV on Knick gamenights on campus, but its spring break, and I'm too broke to go anywhere, so on a monday night you find yourself almost forced to watch the game. Bad idea. Would have been much better of not watching any games this year I think.

misterearl
USA
3/15/2006  10:53 PM
Simrud - a night to enjoy and a better day ahead

I have absolutely nothing to say except

I like Dat Ol' Tasmanian Debbil Nate

The King of the Confounding Crossover Crawford

The Qyntel of Woods

1,2,3 here comes Mister Lee

and the Butler Did It
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/15/2006  10:54 PM
Define strong.
misterearl
USA
3/15/2006  11:04 PM
Strong as Nate and Crawford BOTH diving over the scorers table for a loose ball

Strong as David Lee, Qyntel and Crawford on consecutive dunks

Strong as djsunyc's loyalty to show up at 404 tonight

Strong as Jackie Butler posting down low

Strong as being a Knicks fan through thick and thin

Strong enough for a man, but made for a woman

Strong

Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/15/2006  11:08 PM
Oh, I thought you meant winning.

I'll give you dj. ;)
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/15/2006  11:14 PM
I guess we can expect you to bring this thread back up about 5 more times this season.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
misterearl
USA
3/15/2006  11:50 PM
Isles - just five?

Wait until next season
misterearl
USA
3/18/2006  8:03 AM
>> I guess we can expect you to bring this thread back up about 5 more times this season.

Idlesfan - then again, why wait until next season?

This Godzilla of a thread is back because the Knicks franchise, that SOME of us support, has won 4 of 6.

Suddenly, despite (or because of) the Brown-Marbury Soap Opera, the squad is actually playing like a team over the past six games as predicted when this thread was created.

Bright Moments

56 per cent from the field

Eddy Curry banging with Ben Wallace

The improving Jackie Butler moving up the depth chart

Qyntel is 10-10 in his last two games. Last time I saw that was when Pearl went 10-10 against the Sonics in The Garden. A dude sitting behind me in Section 332 noted, "he hasn't touched the rim yet!"

The young Knicks came back from down 16 in the second, withstood the Pistons closing charge and closed the game out with poise from the often-dissed Jamal Crawford.

With Mo Taylor and Quentin Richardson inactive it seems there is evidence of continuity. No, I didn't say the Knicks were playoff material - I said "evidence of continuity".

Even djsunyc is having fun in Section 404.

Life Am Good

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/18/2006  8:06 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Wait until next season
thats the motto isnt it? They should put that on the marquee

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy