[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"
Author Thread
rvhoss
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/10/2006  9:18 AM
I've completely forgotten about the anucha stuff...it's just stupid headlines some people like to grab onto.

So far so good by both coach and gm...if winning games isn't important this year.

If salary was taken out of the equation, we all love the moves made by isiah, but in this age of fantasy basketball and realgm, it's beginning to detract from the concept of having the best talent.

Winning this year has not been made a premium, as it was with the rangers not too long ago, but the future is what we are all looking towards.

with that being said, I'm ecstatic about our future, both keeping the GM, owner and Coach.

We still have our three first round picks, jackie B and a bunch of 24/25 year olds.

Sounds like a bright future to me.

Oh, and we are starting to actually win games...Gravy.
all kool aid all the time.
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/10/2006  9:28 AM
If salary was taken out of the equation, we all love the moves made by isiah, but in this age of fantasy basketball and realgm, it's beginning to detract from the concept of having the best talent.
But its important and you cant ignore it. The simple fact is because of trading rules and the CBA a player's salary directly affect his worth and how the roster is constructed. Its the GM's job to manage this and the good ones do. If Eisley, Spoon, Travis and Anderson made Jackie Butler money Layden wouldnt have been as bad as we all know he was. We have a LOT of players and dead wood we are essentially stuck with. Whats worse is it will be difficult to impossible to get back equal talent.

Like every offseason it should be interesting once again, especially with the driver now being Larry Brown and his agenda.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/10/2006  10:20 AM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by djsunyc:

one thing about guys like starks, mason, brad miller, ben wallace, and now jackie blue - guys that weren't drafted and busted ass to get to the nba. and you can see that they don't want to leave.
I don't think Jackie Butler belongs anywhere on the same list as those all-stars. If Jackie gets down to below 10% body fat (my guess is he's at 15 to 20%), I believe that he's "busting ass." That doesn't mean I don't like Jackie; I like him a lot. But I want him to have a chiseled body after this offseason. I know he's never gonna be skinny but I'd like to see him look like Karl Malone did in his prime.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03-09-2006 10:24 PM]

Dude, he can always lose weight, but chisseled means he has to have almost no body fat. Dwayne Wade is chisseled. Vince Carter, Richard Jefferson, Amare Stoudemire and Emeka. On the Knicks, Marbury, Houston, Sprewell were all chisseled. Jackie Butler doesn't really have much of a shot to get that far, let alone, get that far after just a half year. But regardless, he still needs to lose weight. Chisseled alone means nothing anyway.

One person that does have a shot at it is Channing Frye. The boy needs to put on weight, especially in those legs, or else he'll never become a good rebounder.

“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #263
USA
3/10/2006  10:55 AM
MisterEarl, I love your attitude. Root for the team all thru all the insignificant crap from the haters. When I'm not working these long hours I'll be right there rooting too, like real fans are supposed to effin' do.

Keep hope alive that the Knicks finish strong!
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
3/10/2006  10:56 AM
...Oh yeah, those props apply to Hoss too.
Another season, and more adversity to persevere through. We will get the job done, even BETTER than last year. GO KNICKS!
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/10/2006  11:04 AM
Hardcore, congrats on scoring all the work!

When you get some downtime I'm gonna love hearing you justify the 17-43 with $120M payroll and none of own #1's for the next 2 years!

Rooting for the team has nothing to do with pointing out flaws in management approach.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/10/2006  11:16 AM
Hardcore... its not hate. Not hate at all. Its a cry for change. Change from the last 6-7 years of mismanagement. Change from targeting overpriced underachieving players for guys that attack it with pride everynight.

Nobody that posts here doesnt love the Knicks.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/10/2006  11:21 AM
Posted by fishmike:

Hardcore... its not hate. Not hate at all. Its a cry for change. Change from the last 6-7 years of mismanagement. Change from targeting overpriced underachieving players for guys that attack it with pride everynight.

marv + fish are haters.

LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
3/10/2006  11:37 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I wasn't referring to you or Marv, Fish. I am referring to those who have nothging to say but negative things about this team. We all know who they are.

We as fans can read crap like that in the dman papers or hear it from haters who are honest about not liking the Knicks. That's better than reading that crap from two-faced fair weather fans. That's all I am saying.

Some of us would rather not see this site turn into a haven for haters, like MisterEarl mentioned.

HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
3/10/2006  11:50 AM
Posted by Marv:

When you get some downtime I'm gonna love hearing you justify the 17-43 with $120M payroll and none of own #1's for the next 2 years!

Rooting for the team has nothing to do with pointing out flaws in management approach.

Man, I already owe ya a beer and a Prime Rib Sammich!

When these Knicks go an another Win streak and finish up strong, I'll be looking for a Prime Rib sammich from both you and Fish, and I'll have some crow hors'doeuvres ready for ya. I'll save a few for DJ too.

Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/10/2006  11:55 AM
Posted by HARDCOREKNICKSFAN:
Posted by Marv:

When these Knicks go an another Win streak and finish up strong, I'll be looking for a Prime Rib sammich from both you and Fish, and I'll have some crow hors'doeuvres ready for ya. I'll save a few for DJ too.

Deal! I'm emailing Big Game too, he said he wants to be there when the beef and ale appear!!
HARDCOREKNICKSFAN
USA
3/10/2006  1:04 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Marv:

Deal! I'm emailing Big Game too, he said he wants to be there when the beef and ale appear!!

Oh no! Then ther won't even be any crumbs left for us! Tell Big Game to put the beer and sammiches on his tab, then we can use that to help justify his contract.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/10/2006  3:04 PM
Posted by fishmike:

Even me?

I'm sure HC, misterearl and rvhoss all thought that the people who wanted Layden fired were nothing but haters too.

You know, call me a hater all you want because its true. I hate when the Knicks are bad. I hate that we're a complete laughingstock. I hate that we this team is a bunch of overpaid and underachieving players whose skills aren't complementary. I hate that we don't have 3 of our own draft picks over the next 5 years. I hate that we're relying on a GM who hasn't had any success as an executive when it comes to building a winner. Glad to know that you guys enjoy all of that.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/10/2006  3:06 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I wasn't referring to you or Marv, Fish. I am referring to those who have nothging to say but negative things about this team. We all know who they are.

We as fans can read crap like that in the dman papers or hear it from haters who are honest about not liking the Knicks. That's better than reading that crap from two-faced fair weather fans. That's all I am saying.

Some of us would rather not see this site turn into a haven for haters, like MisterEarl mentioned.

Ummm who are you referring to. I know it's not me.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/10/2006  9:01 PM
Oh wow, the Knicks win 2 games and Core decides to show up and call out people for being haters lol. Talk about being a fareweather fan. Please.

If you really are a true fan you root for the logo on the jersey not the players or or the GM. Especially our days when everybody gets traded and fired every 2 years. So if a player on our team sucks and our GM is a moron by EVEYBODY's account at this point, it arent hating. Its keepin it real.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/10/2006  10:50 PM
>>Isiah, at this point looking like an idiot because he either brought in the wrong coach in Larry or Larry was just looking to screw him, plus his cluster f**k with Anucha ...

Hold up right there Marv. What "cluster"... WHAT? I thought in this country a person was innocent until proven guilty. Then again, if those laws don't apply to Isiah Thomas in your narrow mindedness, it only is evidence of your bias.

Larry is not the "wrong" coach unless you, in your genius, know who the "right" coach was. (pause for your response) I didn't think so.

>>plus the growing perception to everyone that he had sold out this team's future (next 2 #1's ) for nothing,

Everyone?

>>This ain't leadership or direction in my opinon. THis is BS.

>>Where is this franchise going?

Up

>.What are we developing?

A better sense of trust on the floor

>>What's happening/going to happen with our young players?

No one knows. Chill. Rookies aren't hatched instantly.

>>But I'm sure as s**t not signing off on either Isiah's "plan" or LB's "right way' approaches.

Marv - your signature is not required. Besides, how can you "sign-off" on something you know absolutely nothing about. Then again, if you've been included in some internal policy meetings at 2 Penn Plaza I'm all ears...

cut the drama
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
3/10/2006  11:06 PM
One more thing Marv

There is no such thing as ":the right way" to play basketball. There are shots taken in rhythm and flow, and there are forced shots. There is communication or there is pouting. There is cohesion or there is chaos.

None of the billions of trade proposals will have one ounce of effect in what Isiah, Larry and the scouting team decide on.

For the pain and suffering of Larry's inaugural season in New York, the passage of the trade deadline and the seating of Mo Taylor seems to have settled some of the angst on the roster. I like what Steve Francis is offering in terms of willingness to accept a new role.

I like the fact Quentin Richardson is a survivor.

I like the fact Jalen Rose plays with a smile, can erupt on a moments notice and has playoff experience.

I like the fact our rookies have ALL received a baptism with meaningful minutes. None can claim they were not given enough light to prove their worth.

The plan was to audition this roster for as long as it took to sort out the deck.. It just happened to take longer than anyone guessed it would.

The plan was that Isiah knew Larry Brown was one of the few coaches who could buy time to sort the roster. Herb, Don Chaney or even Lnny Wilkens would have been torched without mercy in the press. Larry gets a pass.

It's not "all good" but its not the desperate situation too many people buy into mimicking the chicken littles in the press as they run around in circles of panic wailing about how terrible things are in New York.

Watch how the Knicks play and tell me if you see a change for the better.

Watch, and see if you can detect growth

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-10-2006 11:09 PM]
simrud
Member: #474
USA
3/11/2006  12:41 AM
Another brillian post by misteearl. The team clearly sucks, as everybody in the sports world is saying, yet somehow, anybody who says IT messeed are biased cause somehow we just hate IT for some unknown reason. At least you stopped with the peole hate on IT cause he is black bs.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
3/11/2006  1:34 AM
Posted by misterearl:

The plan was that Isiah knew Larry Brown was one of the few coaches who could buy time to sort the roster. Herb, Don Chaney or even Lnny Wilkens would have been torched without mercy in the press. Larry gets a pass.

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-10-2006 11:09 PM]

I agree with most of what you said but Im not sure if it makes sense to say Isiah hired larry brown becuase he was the only coach that could buy time. I'snt Isiah the one that makes the decisions to fire coaches? Therefore , if Isiah thought the roster needed time to sort out, then he could have hired any coach, and just not fired him if there werent immediate results, just like he has done with brown.

[Edited by - slimpack on 03-11-2006 01:46 AM]

[Edited by - slimpack on 03-11-2006 01:50 AM]
misterearl
USA
3/11/2006  8:02 AM
>>simrud - Another brillian post by misteearl.

Thank you Simrud. By the way you mispelled brilliant.

>>simrud - The team clearly sucks, as everybody in the sports world is saying, yet somehow, anybody who says IT messeed are biased cause somehow we just hate IT for some unknown reason.

Simrud - you really need to work on your comprehension skills. Really.

>>simrud - At least you stopped with the peole hate on IT cause he is black bs.

Sim, it's curious that you can only respond to something you thought you read a few hundred posts back.

You and I can always nourish and develop an adult exchange of ideas. Maybe, we could even trade analysis on the recent performace of the Knicks players I cited. If you REALLY wanna go crazy, we could compare the development of Channing Frye to that of Tim Duncan in his rookie season. Or we could compare the skill-set of David Lee to that of Boby Jones.

We could even argue who was more loved, Chris Dudley or Harthorne Wingo?

On the other hand, If you prefer to have an intelligent discussion about race, we can go there as well. Many people prefer to avoid the issue of race relations in this country because it involves the confrontation of fact with fiction.

Unfortunately, based on the quality of your posts - I have serious doubts that you are equipped with perspective, knowledge of world history OR the or the maturity to string together more than a few incomplete sentences. You can always prove me wrong.

Be my guest. The floor is all yours.

If not, perhaps you can waste someone else's time with your vapid comments.

Meanwhile< I'm sticking with my theory this team has finally turned a corner for the positive.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot - Go Knicks!

Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy