Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/9/2006  7:00 PM
Posted by misterearl:
Do you believe in miracles?
not really no. Hey.. I hope what think will happen does. It would have taken Larry Brown longer that with his past teams but he is the proven winner here. The only good think Dolan has done since he's been an owner is tell his gang that Larry Brown isnt going anywhere. Nice to see them respond to *something*

-fishmike
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/9/2006  7:07 PM
Posted by misterearl:

1. The cohesiveness between Francis and Crawford, after a brief time together, is something worth noting. They could be a distinct Knicks advantage as teams go to their benches.

2. Malik and QRich hold down the 3-4 with tough defense and big butts boxing out

3. Jackie Butler provides inside activity

4. The Garden crowd gets back in the game

5. Remember 1999!

1, What cohesiveness? Jamal's a streaky shooter. He hit a few in garbage time against a totally out-of-it Pacers team.

2. I'm amazed at Malik's sudden surgence (he didn't have one before, so it can't be a re-). i've been loving Q1's game. I swear his back must be much better - he's moving differently .

3. i'm loving Jackie Blue. He's got a little of that "dribble" disease - just HAS to do a meaningless dribble first whenever he grabs the ball lin the paint. But I love his attitude going right up at the rim.

4. The Garden crowd will turn in a second on this team if they go back to their junitor varsity ways. And deservedly so.

5. Yeah I remember 1999. A .500 team got hot at the right time. Check uot this team's record recently? Record schmecord indeed.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2006  7:26 PM
Second the thing that jumps out at me from Donnie's quote is that the Knicks are making major changes this summer.
I hope you're right but I don't think he is even part of the organization.
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/9/2006  8:15 PM
Marv

1, Of COURSE Jamal's a streaky shooter. So was John Starks, and we loved him. With Steve Francis as his sidekick, Jamal seems to play with more fluidity and confidence. Some cats just play better together.

2. C'mon Marv, how can anyone NOT give mad props to Quentin for fighting through a relationshhip gone sour, a painful back injury AND losing a sibling. He's my MVP.

3. "facilitatorn - Jackie's a Keeper. Looked at 82games.com. We score more and get scored on less when He's on the floor. He's one of the five knicks with a possitive rolland rating which measures just that (somehow)"

4. The Garden crowd will be okay so long as djsunyc keeps section 404 in line

5. Marv, this is about looking forward.

Why are you mired in misery?

Life am good
once a knick always a knick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/9/2006  8:17 PM
THe off season is more exciting then the season itself!

Now we get to get jacked about what could happen!

misterearl
USA
3/9/2006  8:28 PM
>>Now we get to get jacked about what could happen!

Nalod - now we get to look at the evidence of integrating Jalen Rose and Steve Francis under the mantra of Larry Brown's teachings.

We get to get jacked about finallly playing better basketball.

The again, we can always be miserable.

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/9/2006  8:31 PM
Posted by misterearl:

1, Of COURSE Jamal's a streaky shooter. So was John Starks, and we loved him.

On his best day, Jamal couldn't play with half the heart, hustle, energy and defense Starks would play with on his worst day. Aside from the streakiness - it's a bad comparison. Starks was loved despite his streakiness because of his effort.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/9/2006  8:37 PM
one thing about guys like starks, mason, brad miller, ben wallace, and now jackie blue - guys that weren't drafted and busted ass to get to the nba. and you can see that they don't want to leave.
misterearl
USA
3/9/2006  8:50 PM
eVil - it wasn't inteded as a comparison on all fronts. Just the streaky shot.

John Starks was also part crazy. Then again, nothing comes close to his baseline dunkeration on the Bulls.

Perhaps Larry Johnson's four point play...

Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/9/2006  10:23 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

one thing about guys like starks, mason, brad miller, ben wallace, and now jackie blue - guys that weren't drafted and busted ass to get to the nba. and you can see that they don't want to leave.
I don't think Jackie Butler belongs anywhere on the same list as those all-stars. If Jackie gets down to below 10% body fat (my guess is he's at 15 to 20%), I believe that he's "busting ass." That doesn't mean I don't like Jackie; I like him a lot. But I want him to have a chiseled body after this offseason. I know he's never gonna be skinny but I'd like to see him look like Karl Malone did in his prime.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03-09-2006 10:24 PM]
oohah
Member: #887
3/9/2006  11:05 PM
smartest message poster ever.. who can argue? who would want to?

Anyone capable of forming a decent opinion.

You are excused.

oohah

Good luck Mike D'Antoni, 'cause you ain't never seen nothing like this before!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/10/2006  3:22 AM
you know where my heart is. It sounds as if some of the glass is half empty posters are thinking of acquiring a new favorite team.

Please do.

being negative is...well...negative.
all kool aid all the time.
fishmike
USA
3/10/2006  7:27 AM
Posted by oohah:

Anyone capable of forming a decent opinion.
must be a lonely world.. thanks your opinion on my opinion.
How's Trevor?
You are excused.
Ive heard enough of your excuses... thanks anyway
oohah
superstar!

Have a good weekend buddy
fishmike
USA
3/10/2006  7:30 AM
hey... there isnt a single guy on this roster I hate. What I hate is all of them together and what we gave up to get them.

I hope we can turn the corner next year. You will see the kinds of players I'm talking about getting are all role players. No KG/Jermaine Oneil trades. Just get some blue collar guys that make the team better and cover up the holes.
oohah
3/10/2006  7:39 AM
must be a lonely world.. thanks your opinion on my opinion.

You're welcome and yes it is lonely.
How's Trevor?

Ask your man Sweetney/Barkley.
Ive heard enough of your excuses... thanks anyway

superstar!

You can do better than that. I see you have started copying my style.
Have a good weekend buddy

I will. Same to you.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 03-10-2006 07:40 AM]
fishmike
USA
3/10/2006  7:48 AM
actually I was making fun of "your style" but thats cool.

I was wrong about Sweetney, like I was wrong about Frank Williams. It appears Sweetney can control his munchies and his diet or lack there of and it has him riding pine. He did have some productive games for them, especially early on.
oohah
3/10/2006  8:02 AM
actually I was making fun of "your style" but thats cool.

Oh.
I was wrong about Sweetney, like I was wrong about Frank Williams. It appears Sweetney can control his munchies and his diet or lack there of and it has him riding pine. He did have some productive games for them, especially early on.

Sweetney's trouble is not his weight it's his height. Even though he shoots a good percentage he has trouble getting his shot off. He also has trouble guarding guys at his position because they can play over him, but he is not quick enough to guard small forwards.

He will still be a decent player.

oohah

[Edited by - oohah on 03-10-2006 08:03 AM]
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/10/2006  8:07 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Marv

1, Of COURSE Jamal's a streaky shooter. So was John Starks, and we loved him. With Steve Francis as his sidekick, Jamal seems to play with more fluidity and confidence. Some cats just play better together.

2. C'mon Marv, how can anyone NOT give mad props to Quentin for fighting through a relationshhip gone sour, a painful back injury AND losing a sibling. He's my MVP.

3. "facilitatorn - Jackie's a Keeper. Looked at 82games.com. We score more and get scored on less when He's on the floor. He's one of the five knicks with a possitive rolland rating which measures just that (somehow)"

4. The Garden crowd will be okay so long as djsunyc keeps section 404 in line

5. Marv, this is about looking forward.

Why are you mired in misery?

Life am good

Earl, i was mired in misery after the Franchise deal becausee I think it personifies everything wrong with how this franchise is being run. The Jalen move to me was an okay, whatever, like the Mo T. But Franchise???

Here's my dealio:

Brown and Isiah both f'd up after Marbs got hurt and AD went into the stands. Larry panicked and stopped playing Nate and dlee. Forgot what he had somehow learned for a short period of time. THat this season was a rebuilding season where losses could be absorbed if young plyers were being taught and formed and integrated into a team. THat's when you started to hear all this crap about Larry Brown type players and he couldn't win with all these young players, get me some veteran help, blah blah blah.

Isiah, at this point looking like an idiot because he either brought in the wrong coach in Larry or Larry was just looking to screw him, plus his cluster f**k with Anucha plus the growing perception to everyone that he had sold out this team's future (next 2 #1's ) for nothing, panicked, and started throwing MASSIVE amounts of money to recoup a #1 pick and add MASSIVELY overpriced veterans to the team. Guys that I didn't want on the team in any case. Guys that I especially don't want at their salaries. Guys who came via trades that just continue to extend our absurd spending habits (throw some more megamillions against a wall and see if any of it sticks). This ain't leadership or direction in my opinon. THis is BS. Where is this franchise going? What are we developing? What's happening/going to happen with our young players?

Now I'm rooitng for my Knickies like always. But I'm sure as s**t not signing off on either Isiah's "plan" or LB's "right way' approaches. I think they've both been clueless this year.
misterearl
USA
3/10/2006  8:18 AM
>>If Jackie gets down to below 10% body fat (my guess is he's at 15 to 20%), I believe that he's "busting ass." That doesn't mean I don't like Jackie; I like him a lot. But I want him to have a chiseled body after this offseason. I know he's never gonna be skinny but I'd like to see him look like Karl Malone did in his prime.

bonn - some people wanted Tayshawn Prince to "bulk up". They failed to realize if being skinny was good enough for The Ice Man... the simple fact is players body-types run the gamut. Whats good for that Redneck Karl Malone may not be good for our beloved Jackie Butler.

If Jackie's body fat is a whopping 20%, as you guess, I would be shocked and amazed. Then again, I ain't no doctor, nor do I play one on tee-vee.

All I'm saying that before imposing some notion of physical beauty on a player, it might be good idea to take a closer look at his unique body type and work with what you got.

Moses Malone was never a "cut-up", muscular, type of cat, but he got the job done.

Chiseled body?

I could care less. Use the off-season as an opportunity to improve and get with Greg Brittenham, Billy Blanks or Pai Mei. Eat your vegetables Jackie.

Just get out there and box out.

oohah
3/10/2006  8:40 AM
Earl, i was mired in misery after the Franchise deal becausee I think it personifies everything wrong with how this franchise is being run. The Jalen move to me was an okay, whatever, like the Mo T. But Franchise???

Here's my dealio:

Brown and Isiah both f'd up after Marbs got hurt and AD went into the stands. Larry panicked and stopped playing Nate and dlee. Forgot what he had somehow learned for a short period of time. THat this season was a rebuilding season where losses could be absorbed if young plyers were being taught and formed and integrated into a team. THat's when you started to hear all this crap about Larry Brown type players and he couldn't win with all these young players, get me some veteran help, blah blah blah.

Isiah, at this point looking like an idiot because he either brought in the wrong coach in Larry or Larry was just looking to screw him, plus his cluster f**k with Anucha plus the growing perception to everyone that he had sold out this team's future (next 2 #1's ) for nothing, panicked, and started throwing MASSIVE amounts of money to recoup a #1 pick and add MASSIVELY overpriced veterans to the team. Guys that I didn't want on the team in any case. Guys that I especially don't want at their salaries. Guys who came via trades that just continue to extend our absurd spending habits (throw some more megamillions against a wall and see if any of it sticks). This ain't leadership or direction in my opinon. THis is BS. Where is this franchise going? What are we developing? What's happening/going to happen with our young players?

Now I'm rooitng for my Knickies like always. But I'm sure as s**t not signing off on either Isiah's "plan" or LB's "right way' approaches. I think they've both been clueless this year.

Very interesting Marv, I agree with you for the most part about why Isiah did what he did and with your assessment of LB pulling the youngster's chain. (My words not yours) I also agree that the recent move don't do anything for development. Really, I think I Isiah doesn't want to give the Bulls the number one pick. He is hoping the Knicks' pick gets screwed in the lottery and pick 6 or something like that.

I like the Steve Francis trade because I like talent. I don't think he really has a future with the team, but perhaps he can net us a big man.

Some people on this board have begun with the "The Knicks are starting to get LB's message" stuff, but I don't buy that. The team is still god awful, but there are some better players on the floor. Marbury/Francis/Rose is simply going to be a better backcourt than Marbury/Q/Robinson/Crawford.

oohah

Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy