[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"
Author Thread
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2006  6:29 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

so, i'm here in switzerland on business, I see the knicks win and win big over one of the better teams in the east...I log into ultimateknicks and see one of the few fans the entire season get bashed by islesfan and other supposed fans griping that the vets are helping the knicks win and LB has a roster he wants and the team still has their three first round picks and the average age of the team is still 25.

I just don't get it...keep up the love earl. And if the knicks go 5-1, Isles, will you stop posting...oh, nevermind, the mods love your hatred.

it really is hard to be a knick fan when you come to this board, but we try to continue on...for isles to even suggest a fan not post on ultimateknicks if they don't win all their next 5 is pathetic.

how about this descripition for ultimateknicks.

where haters come to roost.

atleast I have my real friends that are knick fans and say they hate ultimate knicks because it's all kids.

keep up the love earl, hardcore, et al. when they win, they may have to shut down ultimateknicks because the haters will move to ultimateNets.

pathetic.

GO KNICKS!!

quit eating that funky swiss cheese!!
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2006  7:36 AM
Ive only noticed one thing the last couple games... guys playing hard. I guess now that they know Isiah is staying and more importantly that Larry Brown is staying if they want to play basketball there's only one way to play it, at least for this coach.

We have seen this before however.. hard effort, a couple good games then back to what got them being career losers in the first place.

I hope hope hope hope that for whatever reason that this is it. Great job by Malik and Q the last 3 games of going out, being leaders and showing by example what happens when you play your ass off on BOTH ends of the court.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/8/2006  8:01 AM
>>Even you don't believe the crap that you spew. -Islesfan

nixluva and rvhoss - thank you for the high five. Some of us have been around long enough to know the difference between a basketball and an agenda.

When people who despise the Knicks attempt to pass their venerial disease off as Knicks affection, I must question their motives. I question their raison d'etre. They hate that.

Islesfan and his shrimpy band of poot-butted, pointy-eared elves are so myopic in advancing their retarded personal agendas, they will NEVER be happy unless the Knicks implode.

I can't get with that.

As a fan, I reserve the right to be critical as well as the right to celebrate.

Rather than crawl in his manure of negativity, I choose to cheer a bright moment. It's bordering on comical that a poster like Islesfan, can only play one off-key note on his horn.

Me? I'm watching the Knicks story slowly evolve, like a novel, and smile after nights like last night when a paragraph contains a positive message.

fish.mike - Could it be the Steve Francis domino effect is kicking in slightly?

Suddenly Jamal is playing next to him and playing more settled.

once a knick always a knick
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/8/2006  8:03 AM
Suddenly Jamal is playing next to him and playing more settled.

He's not afraid Stevie will beat him up for making a mistake like Steph would.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/8/2006  8:03 AM
earl, funny stuff.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2006  8:37 AM
joec32033 - good point. perhaps Jamal and Stevie Wonder are not only more relaxed, but slightly more compatible personality-wise.

Jamal is not the vapid slug that some want to paint him as. I get the sense he's been so focused on pleasing Larry that he's subjugated his intuitiveness to the point of second-guessing his own moves.

Jamal is as thoughtful and intelligent as they come. He understands the importance of listening to, and respecting Larry.

He may have simply needed a running buddy
joec32033
USA
3/8/2006  8:40 AM
Earl I follow, and I tell you what Jamal, like any player, plays better loose, and he is not loose playing with Steph....even his crossover doesn't look as killer as it used to when he plays with Steph.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2006  8:58 AM
>>Nalod - Looky here, the kool Aide done run again. Show is nice to see folks happy again!

Nalod - Strawberry KoolAde tastes much better than Lemon-lime HaterAde.

It's also less filling

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-08-2006 09:04 AM]
misterearl
USA
3/8/2006  9:05 AM
joeC - not a bad guard combo to bring off the Pine either

rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/8/2006  9:06 AM
Dude...it's REAL FUNKY.
Posted by Marv:

quit eating that funky swiss cheese!!

all kool aid all the time.
misterearl
USA
3/8/2006  9:09 AM
rvhoss - the train from Montreux to Gstaad is a wonderful day trip

The understated, local ski areas are have better trails than some of the over-hyped US resorts

rvhoss
Switzerland
3/8/2006  9:10 AM
Could it be that LB is finally setting them free? that and the meeting with Dolan that nobody would be fired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/08/sports/basketball/08knicks.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

There is no one factor fueling the Knicks' minirevival, but [Malik] Rose credited Brown for simplifying the offense and for loosening the reins on the team's best individual players. The meeting with Dolan — in which he stressed that neither Brown, nor the team president Isiah Thomas, nor anyone else, would be fired — might have helped a little, too.

"I think the meeting was good," Rose said. "I don't think it brought much bearing on our belief or whatever. It kind of cleared some things up." Noting that Dolan voiced support of Thomas and Brown, Rose added: "Once we heard that and guys kind of took it to heart, it was like a weight off our mind. We didn't have to worry about any more changes or anything. It's like, this is what we have in this locker room and we're going to go from there. So that's what we took away from the meeting. I guess that's what helped fuel this change of heart."
joec32033
USA
3/8/2006  9:23 AM
Posted by misterearl:

joeC - not a bad guard combo to bring off the Pine either

I have been saying for a while that is his absolute best position. We were too dependent on a sixth man before we got Francis, IMO. Craw will always be inconsistent imo, just because of his game style. Put Jamal in a no real pressure position where what we get from him helps but is not vital just because of his inconsistency would be nice.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/8/2006  9:51 AM
Posted by rvhoss:

Could it be that LB is finally setting them free? that and the meeting with Dolan that nobody would be fired.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/03/08/sports/basketball/08knicks.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

There is no one factor fueling the Knicks' minirevival, but [Malik] Rose credited Brown for simplifying the offense and for loosening the reins on the team's best individual players. The meeting with Dolan — in which he stressed that neither Brown, nor the team president Isiah Thomas, nor anyone else, would be fired — might have helped a little, too.

"I think the meeting was good," Rose said. "I don't think it brought much bearing on our belief or whatever. It kind of cleared some things up." Noting that Dolan voiced support of Thomas and Brown, Rose added: "Once we heard that and guys kind of took it to heart, it was like a weight off our mind. We didn't have to worry about any more changes or anything. It's like, this is what we have in this locker room and we're going to go from there. So that's what we took away from the meeting. I guess that's what helped fuel this change of heart."

I don't think Larry minds letting loose the reins a bit as long as the team is playing defense, which they have been doing the last 3 games. Everything with Larry starts at 1 point before anything else and thats defense. If you wanna play up and down you gotta play defense first and I think he loosened up becuase the team has been putting forth the effort on the defensive end lately.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/8/2006  9:53 AM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by rvhoss:

I don't think Larry minds letting loose the reins a bit as long as the team is playing defense, which they have been doing the last 3 games. Everything with Larry starts at 1 point before anything else and thats defense. If you wanna play up and down you gotta play defense first and I think he loosened up becuase the team has been putting forth the effort on the defensive end lately.
exactly... this has NOTHING to do with Larry. Its about the players showing up and playing hard. Mo riding pine didnt hurt either

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/8/2006  10:02 AM
I can't give no credit to Larry. The Knicks are spacing better on O and the ball is moving more freely. He's also put the ball in the hands of Craw/Jalen and is using the more traditional PG's like Marbury and Francis non traditionally, by having the come off of curls and recieve the ball after the offense is set. This is putting them in a position to better take advantage of one on ones and break down the D.

I give some credit to Jalen as well. This guy sees the court well and makes good decisions with the basketball. I don't think his skills have deteriorated at all.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/8/2006  10:05 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by rvhoss:

exactly... this has NOTHING to do with Larry. Its about the players showing up and playing hard. Mo riding pine didnt hurt either

nate mcmillan and jerry sloan are in similar situations in portland and utah where they openly questioned the effort given by their players. for those that are upset with lb, are mcmillan and sloan dropping the ball also?
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/8/2006  10:28 AM
I've said all along, I am happy with the progress and not depressed by our record...I always assumed we were rebuilding.

And everyone is correct...they are finally playing defense.
Earl, gonna hit the slopes next weekend, currently in zurich.

crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/8/2006  10:33 AM
Posted by fishmike:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by rvhoss:

I agree with the defense stuff, but if anything Brown has tightened his grip on the offense. He's calling out a play every time down the floor. It's a lot more structured, there's a lot less dribbling. He is calling more plays for Francis and Crawford and Jalen though.
¿ △ ?
misterearl
USA
3/8/2006  11:24 AM
Can someone please tell me what playing "hard" is?
Gurantee: Knicks Finish Strong and People Wonder "What Took Them So Long?"

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy