[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

blame red: Marvin Webster the human eraser, win this car if we can beat the Pacers......
Author Thread
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
3/7/2006  9:34 PM
Nice Surprise!
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/7/2006  9:35 PM
nice win, curry was a beast early down low. Jalen looked better than anyone the pacers put on the floor... craw went off, and francis was unguardable off the dribble...

Butler and frye were active, all over the boards all night...

they looked like a team again tonight....

Q rich had 11 boards.. geez....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/7/2006  9:36 PM
^ no complaint over the refs today hunni?
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/7/2006  9:36 PM
If only they had done this in the new yr and continued on, we would be talking playoff positioning..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/7/2006  9:38 PM
Woodman - if only Larry had made up his indecisive/spontaneous/experimental mind and allowed the players to get comfortable with a conistent rhythm

Jackie Butler can play
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/7/2006  9:40 PM
How many times did players go from starting to the inactive list?

How many times did players get yanked unexpectedly?

How many times did .... oh never mind
once a knick always a knick
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/7/2006  9:41 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

^ no complaint over the refs today hunni?

yea, I thought they were good in the first half, but horrible in the second half, what pissed me off is when curry had that dunk on foster and thought he was fouled, he looked at the ref and ran down the court, the very next play, the ref got a vendetta call on curry and whistled him for a BS offensive foul, we took curry out when he was cooking, fortunately that didn't hurt us, but I feel crap like that should not happen.. BTW I think the pacers shot about 10 more FT's than us... and they rarely drove the ball..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
OldFan
Member: #446
3/7/2006  10:09 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Larry has bounced the lineup around all year but it's not like this is the lineup anyone envisioned them playing with. For one thing Jalen came in Febuary and Francis just got here and I don't think anyone was begging for him to play Malik more.

mrbean259
Member: #853
3/7/2006  10:14 PM
back to back wins woo hoo! maybe make it 3 in a row against the bobcats. its just frustrating seeing how these guys can play together one night and then not the next though so hopefully we can at least be competitive in games for a while even if we dont necessarily win them.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/7/2006  10:25 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Why do it to yourself? Its in style to bash marbs, isiah, and dolan. Brown is the living god of basketball. He works in mysterious ways and can't ever be wrong.

I know I said I was not gonna post till the draft but....what else am I supposed to do at work.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/7/2006  11:22 PM
Posted by misterearl:

>>I disagree. The decisive moment is Dolan calling them out.

BJ - Dolan doesn't set any lineups, call any plays nor does he take the floor

[Edited by - MisterEarl on 03-07-2006 9:30 PM]

True, but now the players know they can't get the coach fired by playing badly. Now they know they're expected to play well every night. Dolan should have made that point long ago.
https:// It's not so hard.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/8/2006  12:02 AM
Posted by misterearl:

Woodman - if only Larry had made up his indecisive/spontaneous/experimental mind and allowed the players to get comfortable with a conistent rhythm

Jackie Butler can play

misterpearl,

i think this team had too many players to begin with and none of them looked quite ready to take over on a consistent basis. No one really showed Larry that they can withstand his complicated system.. You also gotta factor in the injuries for Q, JJ, Curry being out of shape and former Knicks player, A.D showing up in the middle of camp...

[Edited by - woodmannyk on 03-08-2006 12:04 AM]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/8/2006  8:44 AM
My favorite takeway from last night's game: Clyde trying to figure out what JJ and Curry were talking about. "I can get more fouls than you!" "No I can!"

Look, I'm not gonna ask where this effort was all year. If we can get this kind of effort the rest of the way and carry it over next year, then I will be happy. The guys are talking to each other on D. They are making the extra pass on O. There is some kind of camraderie there. I like it.
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/8/2006  9:30 AM
Yes, they are playing like a team now. The best thing is that they are trying on the defensive end now. Let's hope that stays consistent.

Did you notice that Marbury hardly played last night. Was it his shoulder or is LB sending him a message. Also, NY went on runs when he was not in there!

I have my own theory on this. The team, minus Marbury, got together and said F$%$ this guy. If he wants to pout and scowl, let him. We will ignore him and listen to the coach, or in effect cold shoulder him. I think MRose, QRich and to JRose are leading this team right now. Francis has stepped in and has joined them. This is the reason for the attitude turn around. There are too many people in the locker room now that Marbury cannot control and he has lost the edge now. He either has to join them or he will be moved. LB is making the point that NOW they can WIN without him.

James - 5 fouls , 3 to in 8 minutes oh and 0 points!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/8/2006  9:31 AM
GoNY...I agree 100% and I couldn't be happier.
~You can't run from who you are.~
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/8/2006  9:34 AM
Marbury was just another player out there as opposed to the primary guy. Actually when he was out there he wasn't even the PG. Rose would be setting up top and Marbury would come off a screen (they pit Francis in this role too, with Crawford setting up). To Steph's credit, he hit a couple of big 3's in the 3rd quarter. The team did play well when he wasn't out there, but I don't think its because of anything Steph was doing or wasn't doing.

Actually, the most glaring difference in this game is what the Knicks did with Jackie Butler in the game vs. when he wasn't in the game. Kids got a knack for the game and plays hard.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/8/2006  10:03 AM
I caught that stoopid Knicks in 60 replay and I must say, Jackie Butler is a hard worker and knows positional rebounding. He boxes out and his low post game is adequate enough. I like him a lot.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/8/2006  10:05 AM
Quote me.....

Put Butler at PF and Curry at C and we will be better.
Put Frye at PF and Butler at C and we will be better.
~You can't run from who you are.~
tomverve
Member: #878
3/8/2006  10:19 AM
The media is sucking out your brain
Posted by GoNyGoNyGo:

I have my own theory on this. The team, minus Marbury, got together and said F$%$ this guy. If he wants to pout and scowl, let him. We will ignore him and listen to the coach, or in effect cold shoulder him.

I have my own theory. Marbury is built out of nanobots, that's why he pouts all the time, and the rest of the guys were like-- you know what, f*** this guy, I don't care if he's built out of nanobots. I just want to play basketball.
I think MRose, QRich and to JRose are leading this team right now. Francis has stepped in and has joined them. This is the reason for the attitude turn around. There are too many people in the locker room now that Marbury cannot control and he has lost the edge now. He either has to join them or he will be moved. LB is making the point that NOW they can WIN without him.

I wouldn't underestimate Marbury. He is very good at mind control since he is built out of nanobots. The only other time Marbury lost his mind control ability this season was in January when for some reason he sparked the team to be playing just as well as it is now, but without Jalen and Francis. I don't remember how that happened but I think it was a glitch in the global programming of his nanotech
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/8/2006  10:43 AM
Gay Nanobots!

Its a new world.
blame red: Marvin Webster the human eraser, win this car if we can beat the Pacers......

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy