[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Skip To My Lou
Author Thread
BigSm00th
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #178
USA
8/14/2002  5:47 PM
Everyone is talking about adding another point guard, how about signing Rafer Alston to a 10-day contract in the beginning of the year, keep Williams on the IR with his hurt wrist, and see what Rafer can do. Chaney wants a guy to run an up tempo team, and I think Rafer is the best fit in the NBA besides Bibby and Kidd. He can also breakdown his defenders pretty well. He never got a chance in Milwaukee behind Cassel. I'd love for this to happen, if it doesn't work, the Knicks lose nothing because of the short contract. If it does, package Ward and Thomas and Knight (Ward and Knight both have expiring contracts) for a big man, I don't know who though.
#Knickstaps
AUTOADVERT
Starks3
Member: #211
USA
8/14/2002  6:57 PM
cant sign ten day contracts untill i beleave after the all-star break...i'm pretty sure on it but i cant say for certain.. can anyone back me up on it??
Cursed no more!!! Knicks are back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Andrew
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1
USA
8/14/2002  10:38 PM
Starks3, From Larry Coon's site:
Ten-day contracts are available to be used starting January 5 (or the first business day thereafter) each season.

http://members.cox.net/lmcoon/salarycap.htm#58
PURE KNICKS LOVE
MCfan23
Member: #114
USA
8/18/2002  6:03 AM
I like Rafer but I don't really think he's much better than anything we already have. We need to make a move for a top notch point guard, rather than continuing to add mediocre players.
We suck.
lrluis
Member: #306
8/19/2002  12:35 PM
In baseball analogy, we have enough .200 hitters. We need a .300 hitter. A Zhi Zhi, Clark, McIness, Ewing, Oakley, or however many [above] average players you can fit in the cap exception probably won't have an effect on the basketball court. It's a numbers game, and that's the problem the Knicks have now at three positions.

That being said, why spend the exception just because you have it? After all, $1 million is a lot of money to MSG. It certainly is to my [own] company.

I think all the trades have been exhausted this summer. Layden's offers are on the table and he's done being pro-active (thus the vacation). He thinks the other GMs won't respond until mid-season. At that point, Knicks fans will probably reap the rewards.

falcindor
Member: #42
USA
8/19/2002  12:55 PM
Knicks are better off keeping Ward, harrington and Knight till next year. Next year they will be in their final year of their contracts. Knicks can easily aquire a star for them. Right now they can be throw in a deal. i rather wait till next year. If they can sign Timmy for a $1mil 1 year contract do it. It also is a good idea to call kevin Willis who is 40 and still a warrior. Knicks need to hold out for something good to come along.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
Dan1078
Member: #283
8/19/2002  1:50 PM
Fritz, your ideas of holding onto Ward, Harrington and Knight sound good. But the idea of acquiring Timmy HArdaway and Kevin Willis
are ridiculous. Both are ancient and broken down.
Skip To My Lou

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy