that was the utah owner who said that
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/7/2006  11:25 AM
read that... good stuff. Unlike our guys who are true warriors, when not arguing with refs that is
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2006  11:27 AM
Huh? Who said what to whom about who?
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2006  11:35 AM
I think Deron is gonna be a super steady borderline all-star for years.
~You can't run from who you are.~
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

3/7/2006  11:41 AM
Whoa, dj, you scrambled that up on me.

The kiddies at realgm are having a hard enough time understanding it as it was, but i think people here can at least get my angle.

This was the full post:

7th March, 2006 - 4:33 am
Sports Illustrated - The NY Knicks may have pulled out the victory over the Magic yesterday, but Knicks owner James Dolan overlooked the win and focused more on the team squandering a 20 point lead.

Dolan walked across the floor with 26 seconds to glare at the players and then had some pointed comments for the team in the locker room after the game.

"They are a bunch of pampered babies," Dolan told the media. "We need some guys with some guts and some fire down the stretch. It wouldn't hurt me to turn over all 15 guys, but the trading deadline has passed and there's nothing we can do."

The Knicks made just one field goal in the fourth quarter on 14 attempts. The shot, by rookie Channing Frye, was made in the first minute of the quarter.

Okay, that's an adaptation of a story off the wiretap regarding The Jazz and it's owner, but it could apply just as well here. Jerry Sloan has been one of the best, and probably most underrated, coach for the last 20 years, and he too struggles to get effort from his woosies.

And for those of you who think in this day and age, with these spoiled brats, player coaches are the way to go... a few weeks ago our great warrior against LB, Coke, mentioned Nate McMillian as a better choice, and here's a snippet of what he's going through this season:

Meanwhile, an exasperated coach Nate McMillan was at a loss, perplexed at how players who are paid millions to play a game can show up and loaf.

"There are times when a coach has to motivate his team, but for every night to talk about competing? These are professionals, that's supposed to come with it. We get paid well for what we do and there is no way . . . you are going to have bad nights . . . but it should never be because of effort. I mean, we are begging guys to compete and play. You are in the NBA, you should expect effort."

The funny thing is, those same players collectively echoed McMillan. Miles, who had 10 points on four of 14 shooting in his second game back from knee surgery, said the team needs to use the four-day break to examine its values.

"Everybody needs to get their minds right, figure out whether they are going to play at all this season or just vacation for the rest of the year," Miles said. "What we did tonight, that was like early vacation, and we had an extra day to rest. We should have just got on the plane and not even played the game. You can't blame the coaches, it's not their fault. It wasn't the coaches who told us to go out there and do that, I mean, we get paid to give effort."

Guys, were on our 4th coach in little more than two years. If we cater to these brat players we could be playing musical chairs with coaches for the next decade.

The people who are most critical of Browns shifting rotations are the same ones who are very content with constant roster overhauls and a new coach every 6 months.

I say what we need is a stable message of expectations from ownership through Isiah and Brown, and those who wont comply get booted, and hopefully not to contenders, for a change.

I have been a defender of browns, but it's not solely because of his significant track record, which i do value. But I have supported Wilkens and Herb too. Pretty much any head or assistant coach in the league today knows more about teamwork, leadership and winning than dudes said to be in the anti-brown camp, like Marbury, Curry and Nate. It is simply time for these guys to stop playing for themselves, and stop resisting Brown because they think they know what's in the best interest of this club. These are some of the last guys on earth I'd want making decisions for me.

Get with the program - the team first, give 100% program - and play to win, or be sent packing to plot the demise of another coach, team and their fans.

[Edited by - BlueSeats on 03-07-2006 11:46 AM]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2006  11:47 AM
Its funny, when Isiah got here he had been preaching to the guys, and as a guest speaker about the privilege of being a pro athlete and how many are not respectful to the coaches and management.

Then he continues to get the very athletes that are problematic.

This one aspect to the Isiah Era really really bothers me. I understand the upgrade of talent, the garden buzz, but its fundamentally so opposite of his core message.

I hate to indict him as speaking on both sides of his mouth, but how can you preach this, bring in a tough coach like larry, and keep getting the soft gaziesque overpaid players?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/7/2006  11:57 AM
Posted by BlueSeats:

Whoa, dj, you scrambled that up on me.

The kiddies at realgm are having a hard enough time understanding it as it was, but i think people here can at least get my angle.

This was the full post:

7th March, 2006 - 4:33 am
Sports Illustrated - The NY Knicks may have pulled out the victory over the Magic yesterday, but Knicks owner James Dolan overlooked the win and focused more on the team squandering a 20 point lead.

Dolan walked across the floor with 26 seconds to glare at the players and then had some pointed comments for the team in the locker room after the game.

"They are a bunch of pampered babies," Dolan told the media. "We need some guys with some guts and some fire down the stretch. It wouldn't hurt me to turn over all 15 guys, but the trading deadline has passed and there's nothing we can do."

The Knicks made just one field goal in the fourth quarter on 14 attempts. The shot, by rookie Channing Frye, was made in the first minute of the quarter.

Okay, that's an adaptation of a story off the wiretap regarding The Jazz and it's owner, but it could apply just as well here. Jerry Sloan has been one of the best, and probably most underrated, coach for the last 20 years, and he too struggles to get effort from his woosies.

And for those of you who think in this day and age, with these spoiled brats, player coaches are the way to go... a few weeks ago our great warrior against LB, Coke, mentioned Nate McMillian as a better choice, and here's a snippet of what he's going through this season:

Meanwhile, an exasperated coach Nate McMillan was at a loss, perplexed at how players who are paid millions to play a game can show up and loaf.

"There are times when a coach has to motivate his team, but for every night to talk about competing? These are professionals, that's supposed to come with it. We get paid well for what we do and there is no way . . . you are going to have bad nights . . . but it should never be because of effort. I mean, we are begging guys to compete and play. You are in the NBA, you should expect effort."

The funny thing is, those same players collectively echoed McMillan. Miles, who had 10 points on four of 14 shooting in his second game back from knee surgery, said the team needs to use the four-day break to examine its values.

"Everybody needs to get their minds right, figure out whether they are going to play at all this season or just vacation for the rest of the year," Miles said. "What we did tonight, that was like early vacation, and we had an extra day to rest. We should have just got on the plane and not even played the game. You can't blame the coaches, it's not their fault. It wasn't the coaches who told us to go out there and do that, I mean, we get paid to give effort."

Guys, were on our 4th coach in little more than two years. If we cater to these brat players we could be playing musical chairs with coaches for the next decade.

The people who are most critical of Browns shifting rotations are the same ones who are very content with constant roster overhauls and a new coach every 6 months.

I say what we need is a stable message of expectations from ownership through Isiah and Brown, and those who wont comply get booted, and hopefully not to contenders, for a change.

I have been a defender of browns, but it's not solely because of his significant track record, which i do value. But I have supported Wilkens and Herb too. Pretty much any head or assistant coach in the league today knows more about teamwork, leadership and winning than dudes said to be in the anti-brown camp, like Marbury, Curry and Nate. It is simply time for these guys to stop playing for themselves, and stop resisting Brown because they think they know what's in the best interest of this club. These are some of the last guys on earth I'd want making decisions for me.

Get with the program - the team first, give 100% program - and play to win, or be sent packing to plot the demise of another coach, team and their fans.

[Edited by - BlueSeats on 03-07-2006 11:46 AM]

yeah, i butchered that cut and copy
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/7/2006  12:09 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Its funny, when Isiah got here he had been preaching to the guys, and as a guest speaker about the privilege of being a pro athlete and how many are not respectful to the coaches and management.

Then he continues to get the very athletes that are problematic.

This one aspect to the Isiah Era really really bothers me. I understand the upgrade of talent, the garden buzz, but its fundamentally so opposite of his core message.

I hate to indict him as speaking on both sides of his mouth, but how can you preach this, bring in a tough coach like larry, and keep getting the soft gaziesque overpaid players?

It's called a "strategy" and 2 1/2 years is far too soon to expect something as meaningless as wins. Don't you see the progress? Teams are going to throw their franchise players at Isiah for a chance at these "soft gaziesque overpaid" (and don't forget underachieving) players.

Strategy. Kinda like Custer's strategy to stay and fight. Or like Napolean's strategy to invade Russia. Actually those strategy's were a lot better planned than Isiah's.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
"they are a bunch of pampered babies" - dolan

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy