[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Would Indy Want Marbury?
Author Thread
Swishfm3
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #392
3/7/2006  12:47 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

marbury to clips for maggette works. clips are under the cap next year so the $$$'s don't have to match.

Can you please explain to me why would the Clippers trade their most athletic player for Marbury when they already have Cassell and Livingston playing the 1?
AUTOADVERT
mikesknicks
Member: #684
USA
3/7/2006  12:50 PM
Can you please explain to me why would the Clippers trade their most athletic player for Marbury when they already have Cassell and Livingston playing the 1?

Easy Cassell is a FA and Livingston is injury prone and unprovin.
In the Knick of time. Knickal for Your thoughts.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2006  12:51 PM
Easy...Maggette misses more games than Allan Houson nowadays.....you really want to go that slippery slope?

And I love Maggette BTW.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2006  1:15 PM
Posted by joec32033:

Easy...Maggette misses more games than Allan Houson nowadays.....you really want to go that slippery slope?

And I love Maggette BTW.

I don't know if they'd be willing to take back Marbury's $60 mil remaining on his contract, though. Maggette is owed $22 mil; so I guess they'd be increasing their payroll by $38 mil.
LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/7/2006  1:17 PM
Oh, that would go over big. Stephon Marbury in Utah.

I don't think the Pacers' brain trust, Walsh, Bird, Carlisle, would touch Stephon with a ten-foot pole.

Now, the Paper Clips are just stupid enough to trade for Stephon. That might work. If there is one GM more inept than Isiah, it would be Elgin Baylor.
Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/7/2006  1:25 PM
Posted by joec32033:

And I love Maggette BTW.

so you want to bring another injury prone player....awesome.

It would be cheaper to re-sign Cassell (who looks like he hasnt lost a step) then trade for Marbury.
MS
Member: #724
3/7/2006  1:29 PM
Do you think that Minny would have taken Steph at the begining of the season for Sam Cassell I am willing to bet they would if they gave Jaric a six year extension and they would have been able to keep Garnett happy
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
3/7/2006  2:15 PM
Posted by joec32033:

I sort of Like he Utah deal, but instead of Boozer give me Kirilinko, Deron, and a top 5 protected pick for the same deal.

The reason I chose Boozer is because.. A) Utah seems to be fed up w/ him.. He is an overpaid underachiever. (Make's perfect sense for NYK... You know we just love high priced marginal talent! )

B) In all fairness, he may be exactly the type of rugged power forward that we need to play alongside Eddy Curry. I think he might classify as a LB type of player. "Bluecollar" hustle, energy type!!!

I doubt that AK-47 is going to ever be traded. This guy is developing into a sound two-way player (Offensive/Defensive) They need someone that is more of a prolific scorer, Steph fits that bill... I think he may actually flourish under Jerry Sloan's system. Then again, I forgot Sloan had the prototype at PG for eons.. John Stockton, maybe this isn't the right way to go for a trade.
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
joec32033
USA
3/7/2006  2:18 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by joec32033:

And I love Maggette BTW.

It would be cheaper to re-sign Cassell (who looks like he hasnt lost a step) then trade for Marbury.

Actually, based on the post, I am the one who is saying no to Maggette.....reading is fundamental.
joec32033
USA
3/7/2006  2:22 PM
Posted by JayNYC:
Posted by joec32033:

I sort of Like he Utah deal, but instead of Boozer give me Kirilinko, Deron, and a top 5 protected pick for the same deal.

The reason I chose Boozer is because.. A) Utah seems to be fed up w/ him.. He is an overpaid underachiever. (Make's perfect sense for NYK... You know we just love high priced marginal talent! )

B) In all fairness, he may be exactly the type of rugged power forward that we need to play alongside Eddy Curry. I think he might classify as a LB type of player. "Bluecollar" hustle, energy type!!!

I doubt that AK-47 is going to ever be traded. This guy is developing into a sound two-way player (Offensive/Defensive) They need someone that is more of a prolific scorer, Steph fits that bill... I think he may actually flourish under Jerry Sloan's system. Then again, I forgot Sloan had the prototype at PG for eons.. John Stockton, maybe this isn't the right way to go for a trade.

IMO, Boozer needs a star to be a star.....he is a second option to a star. Problem in Utah is that Kirilenko is not the primary scorer Utah needs him to be. Utah has like 3 secondary scorers (AK, Boozer, Mehmet) and no main option, which means they have noone they can count on to score and Boozer ain't that guy.

As this relates to the Knicks, First I'd rather have Frye as opposed to Boozer--but I also don't know if Boozer is right next to Curry...Boozer is too injury prone, IMO.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2006  2:31 PM
Marbury in The land of Morman values?

How about a kosher deli in Williamsburg named "Heil Hitler's Haus of Pastrami!"

Clips are fiscally sane. Marbs is a cap sucubus.

Bring Marbury to make Garnett happy? Thats like getting the baby a rescue Rotweiller from QWoods yard. Im sure KG feels like the only chance he got is playing along side the lovable Mr. Marbury.

What team is so hard up for points they are willing to take on an unmarketable sullen with no personality and his max deal?

Can't even say Marbs could help you get over the top. Can't say a playoff team would want him for a push (next year mind you). Can't say you rebuild with him and infect your youth.

Think Kobe wants him? Maybe in the weird world of the triangle and the zen it could work. Jax can get him some shrooms in him and they can chill all summer on the beach while Marbs realized that the world does not revolve around him and we may infact only be speck of dust on the penis of an alien life form.

But it aint' gonna be for Oh dumb! He got value.

with Kmart we get a potential cripple, but at least we get future expiring deal instead of a team killer.
JayNYC
Member: #682
USA
3/7/2006  3:07 PM
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by JayNYC:
Posted by joec32033:

IMO, Boozer needs a star to be a star.....he is a second option to a star. Problem in Utah is that Kirilenko is not the primary scorer Utah needs him to be. Utah has like 3 secondary scorers (AK, Boozer, Mehmet) and no main option, which means they have noone they can count on to score and Boozer ain't that guy.

As this relates to the Knicks, First I'd rather have Frye as opposed to Boozer--but I also don't know if Boozer is right next to Curry...Boozer is too injury prone, IMO.

After I did the UTAH deal for Boozer/Williams and swapping 1st rd picks in 06, I'd follow that up with a trade to LA Lakers offering:

Steve Francis and cash to LA Lakers for Lamar Odom & Aaron McKie

With the pick acquired from Utah I'd draft either Rodney Carney or Ronnie Brewer, whichever would slip.

With the pick we got through T-Dot via Denver I'd pick... Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone one of those UConn Big men, if available.

[Edited by - JayNYC on 03-07-2006 3:08 PM]
Inhale deep like the words of my breath/ I never sleep, cause sleep is the cousin of death-- Circa 1994 Nasty Nas: NY State of Mind
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/7/2006  3:15 PM
How about a kosher deli in Williamsburg named "Heil Hitler's Haus of Pastrami!"

I've been there. Their motto is "A meal you could die for!"

What team is so hard up for points they are willing to take on an unmarketable sullen with no personality and his max deal?

Us !! He is the PERFECT player for us to go after!! We have to trade him away so we can reacquire him, along with a ton of more expensive junk, give up a few 1's and then re-sign him to a long extension and hold a press conference!!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2006  3:37 PM
too bad we can't trade with teams overseas.

Marbs in Isatnbul, Turkey would be a hoot.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2006  3:47 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:
Posted by joec32033:

And I love Maggette BTW.

Maggette is a great scorer and rebounder and he draws about ten free throws a game. You have to wonder why LA would trade him for Marbury with all of Marbury's baggage. It would only be if his injury were so serious that they expected him to never be the same as he was before injury.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/7/2006  3:50 PM
I was thinking what we should do with Marbury is pull a switchero on his random drug test during the year with some juiced up knick fan and get him a one way ticket out to join chris anderson.

does he still count against the cap then?

Hey, maybe I am on to something.

Knick cap number reduced to zero as entire team fails drug test and receive life time bans...
Would Indy Want Marbury?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy