[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Off Season moves before NBA Draft to make my Knicks better
Author Thread
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/6/2006  5:10 PM
OK..OK..OK...My turn to fix the Knicks...

First, I need to move either Francis or Marbury. Since Minny has the hots for Marbury, so I heard, Marbury is the one to go. I would trade Marbury and SA pick for Blount, Jaric, Madsen and their 1st RD pick(11th pick). The Kid is not getting any younger and he needs to win now. A Marbury, McCants, Ricky Davis, Edddie Griffin and KG would be a pretty good team with a bench of Hudson, Hassell would be good. They would need to sign another big though.

Second, send Jamal Crawford, Nate Robinson and DEN pick for Fortson and SEA 1st RD pick(7th pick). They get 2 hometown kids and a mid first round pick for Fortson and their low lotto pick.

Third, Sign-and-trade with Atlanta. Curry for Al Harrington and a future 1st round pick. Curry would actually give them a more conventional lineup. Curry, Zaza Pachulia, Marvin Williams, Joe Johnson and Lue would be better than what they have now.

Done.

Knicks Roster would be...
Jalen Rose
Steve Francis
MoT
Malik Rose
Q Richardson
Jerome James
Channing Frye
David Lee
J Butler
Q Woods
Mark Blount
Marko Jaric
Mark Madsen
Al Harrington
Danny Fortson

Plus 2 first round picks this year, 7th and 11th if we are not lucky in the lottery.

Cut MoT and Jalen Rose expiring contracts to make room for the 2 new rooks.

For the 7th pick select big. Either Hilton Armstrong or Shelden Williams.
For the 11th pick select defensive guard. Mardy Collins or Brandon Roy.

Our lineup would be..
9 man rotation
PG-Francis
SG-Q1
SF-Al Harrington
PF-Frye
C-Butler
Bench - Hilton Armstrong, Lee, Q2, Mardy Collins.

Bench Warmers/InactiveList - Malik Rose, J James, M Madsen, Blount, Jaric, Fortson

YUP. We would be awesome!

AUTOADVERT
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/6/2006  5:31 PM
I think the Minnesota trade is realistic. The Seatle trade might work if you add our Denver pick but it would be tough since JC has an ugly contract and Fortson will be an expiring. Not so sure I like the ATL trade, but overall not bad with the first 2 deals.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/6/2006  5:37 PM
wow! could it be that easy to fix our team?

I like the deals. Now before we can do these deals, we need a GM.
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/6/2006  5:53 PM
Trade 1: Off-hand, the salaries don't match. More importantly, we get 0 cap relief - as all of those deals are long-term (extending through 2010) for 2 scrubs and Jaric, who is bordering scrub territory. And we are getting pick#11 essentialy in exchange for pick# 29. In my opinion, this is suicide. Keeping Marbury restores the talent/salary ratio.

Trade 2: JC's deal (2011) is too long for Seattle, who already have Ridnour and Allen. Crawford's stock won't rise enough (if ever) by draft day. With pick# 7, they could net another big, I think they go that route.

Trade 3: Curry for Al Harrington + pick is the most interesting. How long is Harrington re-signed for? Is the pick protected - how low? I'm not convinced Atlanta would take a 10 mil risk on Curry - they could use that space in free agency - a lesser risk. From a Knick standpoint, I don't like Harrington enough - I think he's better defensively at the 4 - but I prefer Frye there.

Overall: I think this plan is incomplete. Even if everything goes through, that team isn't finished - I easily see them missing the playoffs next year. Butler is not a starter yet and that team is hurting quite a bit in the shooting department. Harrington at the 3 is a liability more than it seems and, if Francis is the first option on offense, that team will struggle. I would rather give Curry an extra year than bringing in Harrington.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
Caseloads
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #41
3/6/2006  6:08 PM
no thanks... seriously, we dont have a center - Butler is not the answer. How about we try to get KG - if he needs to win now, lets get KG.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/6/2006  6:20 PM
That Minny deal is horrendous, sorry. No way am I taking back Minny's trash with long contracts attached to them. If anything, I'd take McCants, Griffin, ther 11th pick.....and go from there.

Seattle deal is not bad from our persepctive but not too good from Seattles perspective.

BTW, if the I had the 7 and 11 picks, Id take Joakim Noah (if he comes out) before I take Hamilton, and I would offer Lee and the 11 pick to Boston for there 8 pick and take Carney.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/6/2006  7:01 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

That Minny deal is horrendous, sorry. No way am I taking back Minny's trash with long contracts attached to them. If anything, I'd take McCants, Griffin, ther 11th pick.....and go from there.

i guess steph would be staying if you were GM since there is no team in the league that will give you that type of package at this time.

Off Season moves before NBA Draft to make my Knicks better

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy