[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Layden asleep at the wheel
Author Thread
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/14/2002  4:00 PM
I dunno man, I like to put some faith into Scotty but from what I can tell - signing Doleac and Dyess seems to be enough of a retooling for him to believe he has done a good job. Maybe if he pulls the trigger and brings Van X in I will start to believe in him more - but then that creates a new problem at the 5 (Doleac and Knight would be a nightmare). So where do we go from here? The situation seems pretty messed up, and with all these good players on the move without NY being involved is making things look a little grim these days. I dont want to see contracts handed out like they were in the past but Keon would have been a strong addition to this club, especially if we trade away Cr8zy Eyes. I guess I will just keep waiting and hoping, but I dont see any magical trades up Scottys sleeve.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
AUTOADVERT
falcindor
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #42
USA
8/14/2002  4:11 PM
Honestly the best thing to do is sign Travis Best to a 2 years deal and trade Thomas + Ward + 2nd round pick for Dampier. We dont want to deplete or front court for a PG. We can very well sign a PG. I like Van Exel but I think that he would stain the balance of the team. I dont think hes a cancer but 4 scorers is too much. Dyess is our primary scorer and there wouldnt be enough shots to spit between the 4 and keep a good flow.
Fritz Alcindor Jr. *FUTURE KNICK GM* falcindor@hotmail.com
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
8/14/2002  4:16 PM
I completely agree, we cannot upset the balance of the frontcourt at the expense of adding a PG - we need another legit big man before we send anyone else on this roster off to gain a PG. But do you think it is worth making a move this year or waiting until a better option becomes available....possibly leading us to another mediocre season.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Vmart
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #247
USA
8/14/2002  4:21 PM
Posted by falcindor:

Honestly the best thing to do is sign Travis Best to a 2 years deal and trade Thomas + Ward + 2nd round pick for Dampier. We dont want to deplete or front court for a PG. We can very well sign a PG. I like Van Exel but I think that he would stain the balance of the team. I dont think hes a cancer but 4 scorers is too much. Dyess is our primary scorer and there wouldnt be enough shots to spit between the 4 and keep a good flow.

Thats crazy, first of all Best isn't wanted anywhere. He is another Pacer throw away the other being Mark Jackson. If the Bulls don't want him then I don't want him. Second Thomas + Ward and second round pick for Dampier that is even worse than the first one. Dampier has less value than Thomas he doesn't play as well as Thomas he doesn't rebound like Thomas. Don't get me wrong I want to trade Thomas but I think the Knicks can get a better player for Thomas than Dampier. To give them the second rounder and Ward too, no way I do this deal. Unless they throw in Troy Murphy which I don't think GS will do.
damager
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #265
8/14/2002  5:50 PM
I agree. The point guard is not a major issue. The frontline needs to be addressed. Scott IHATEHIM better have a trick up his sleeve. Because with the last of the big men free agents signing today I don't see the Knicks frontline getting too much better. Kurt Thomas is better then Dampier. Getting Van X still would not address the problem with the frontline. We have enough people that can score we need rebounders, and shot blockers.
Layden asleep at the wheel

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy