[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

im optomistic about next year
Author Thread
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/6/2006  7:03 PM
I don't think Marbury/Francis is a good backcourt combo and don't think we'll get remotely close to equal value for Marbury in any trade for him. I'd be more optimistic for next year if Marbury and Francis give us a reason to be optimistic with their play to close the season.

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 03-06-2006 7:04 PM]
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/6/2006  7:42 PM
Let's gather our basketball visions a minute

Let's say if... and it is an imaginary IF

The Knicks rolled out an opening day line up of

Stephon Marbury

A rejeuvenated Quentin Richardson

Rashard Lewis

An improved David Lee

Eddy Curry

how much time would you allow them to cohere as a team?

once a knick always a knick
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/6/2006  7:43 PM
^^ 5 games MAX!
Bobby
Member: #408
USA
3/6/2006  8:27 PM
after watching larry lame rotate this team into utter chaos i have absolutely zero confidence in any direction this coaching wonder is trying to set forth.

while trying to acquire the athletic-type front court player is probably equivalent in acquiring athletes feet in brown’s system.

i will no longer support the knicks if larry is permitted to pull the same stunt next year
"Like they always say, New York is the Mecca of basketball,"I read that in Michael Jordan books my whole life and I played here in the Big East tournament, so it's always fun to play in the Mecca of basketball."---Rip Hamilton
BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/6/2006  8:33 PM
[quote]
Posted by misterearl:

Stephon Marbury

Rashard Lewis

An improved David Lee

Eddy Curry

Not a winning team. To many guys who need the ball and no improvement in our worst area, defense. Thats a starphucked line up without balance. No shot blocking/lane intimidation--no guards who can pressure ball terrible 30 wins

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/6/2006  8:36 PM
I'm starting to think misterearl is actually Isiah...
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/6/2006  8:36 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]
Posted by misterearl:

Stephon Marbury

Rashard Lewis

An improved David Lee

Eddy Curry

Not a winning team. To many guys who need the ball and no improvement in our worst area, defense. Thats a starphucked line up without balance. No shot blocking/lane intimidation--no guards who can pressure ball terrible 30 wins

too many guys that need the ball? then how in the hell can you endorse and marbury + francis backcourt without getting a new 3/4/5? building around those two means a COMPLETE overhaul of the frontcourt which will probably require trading frye and/or curry.
BRIGGS
3/6/2006  10:41 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by misterearl:

Stephon Marbury

Rashard Lewis

An improved David Lee

Eddy Curry

too many guys that need the ball? then how in the hell can you endorse and marbury + francis backcourt without getting a new 3/4/5? building around those two means a COMPLETE overhaul of the frontcourt which will probably require trading frye and/or curry.

Your 3 scorers are marbury Francis and Curry. We have secondary scorers in Jalen Q-Rich Frye and Crawford. We dont need more scoring. We cabn score right now. what we need is role players guys who can blocka shot guys who get play perimeter D

chemistry is much more important than adding more 20 point scorers. we need a defensive PF a back up C we can count on and a guard who can play 94 feet on the D and pressure the ball.

just the like the shtty dream teams you cant push to have 20 point scorers allover the place because there is much more to basketball then scoring.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/6/2006  11:00 PM
Posted by crzymdups:

Isiah knows how to use the quote feature.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/6/2006  11:02 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by crzymdups:

Isiah knows how to use the quote feature.

teslawlo
Member: #699
USA
3/6/2006  11:31 PM
^ ROFLMAO. misterearl the cryptic poster. BTW marv, if you were trying to imitate isiah's smile there I think you failed miserably.
http://allknicks.com
GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/7/2006  8:05 AM
I am responding to the title of this post and I AGREE. This team despite its problems is not that far off. Frye and LEe will bothe be better players next season. Curry too. THe team will learn the "system" all off season. They will have to or they will get traded.

The glass is half full. Don't go with the herd that is ripping this team. It is easy to jump on but it is tough to stay with your convictions despite all the criticisms. LB and IT are hanging in. I like what the future can bring.

joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2006  8:16 AM
I think Francis seems to have the attitude to be the next Chauncy for LB...

Maybe someone can teach Mabury to buy a bus ticket and teach him to say "Minnesota" if it's not too hard for him to learn.
~You can't run from who you are.~
Bonn1997
Member: #581
USA
3/7/2006  8:24 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by BRIGGS:

[quote]Posted by misterearl:

Stephon Marbury

Rashard Lewis

An improved David Lee

Eddy Curry

Your 3 scorers are marbury Francis and Curry.
Talk about having three scorers who don't compliment each other well! It would be nice to have one of our scorers be able to consistently hit jump shots. It would be nice to have one who had an assortment of low post moves (including the ability to pass out of the post).

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/7/2006  12:12 PM
i rather have rashard lewis or al harrington than lamar odom. i like odom but for some reason the other two show more promise. we need to trade marbs or franchise for them. i would rather keep franchise than marbs. but if we can keep both AND get the other sf that i mentioned, i would take the risk and do it. nevertheless it will be an interesting summer.
nykfryeway
Member: #1053

3/7/2006  1:36 PM
as said we neeed a point gaurd who will speed in to the lane and give it out to wide open guys that can hit thier shots. As for that role i think Qrich can be used as he is coming aroung nicely. Marbs or Francis can be the point but not both. Steph can play the 2 better than francis because he can actually hit the jumper. And i think all else we will neeed in addition to cuury anf frye are 6 8- 6 10 swingmen who can gaurd the perimeter, block shots, and drive into the lane.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/7/2006  5:41 PM
This town needs a hero.
BRIGGS
3/7/2006  9:56 PM
the signs me shaking.

we picked up a lot of talent at that trade deadline

spread the floor with marbury francis rose richardson and even craw[who we can all pray steps it up with this new found ball movement] you get good ball movement

Jackie B solid back up C to Curry

dont need nate need that roster spot.

RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/8/2006  3:08 PM
I think this team will be much improved next year and here is who I would like to see back no matter what:
Francis (I like him more then Steph and I think he is a better player)
Curry (the guy has size and will get better, I think he will be awesome next year)
Q1 (he stunk it up for half the season but he is comign on strong now and I like what I see, he can play ball)
Jackie (I think he will be a very solid role player and a strong backup to Curry - I like his style)
M.Rose - Guy is all hustle
J. Rose - I think he fits in here as a solid role player (if not see what you can get at the deadline...Franchise was had for nothing so lightening could strike twice).

I think if you can trade Steph, Frye (yeah I said it, I think he doesnt fit here - if you can send him and Steph for a shotblocking rebounder to play the 4 - then you do it, because that will also improve Curry). Everyone else on the Roster should be tradeable if it gets us pieces to fit around the rest.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/8/2006  4:30 PM
and the starphuching continues
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
im optomistic about next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy