im optomistic about next year
Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/6/2006  1:38 PM
Posted by McK1:

Francis will be a star here

is that you or did someone hijack your account or are you trying to be funny?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/6/2006  1:40 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:

I am a Francis fan.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2006  1:45 PM

Stephon Marbury = Landshark
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/6/2006  3:07 PM
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:

I am a Francis fan.

really, I didn't know that man....

let me ask you this question. Do you want marbs gone and move francis to PG, or do you want to move marbs, get a PG, play francis at SG and some PG?

just curious...

either way I know you want marbs gone...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
knixphan
Member: #258
Switzerland
3/6/2006  3:59 PM
I'll go on the record as a pro-Odom guy, I think he'd thrive here.
"I will dress in bright and cheery colors, and so throw my enemies into confusion."
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/6/2006  4:14 PM
Looks like the Ultimateknicks crowd is confused even more that Knicks players on the flour.
Basketball is a team game. Only the team playing within a system has an opportunity for success.
Put a bunch of talented players together give them a crappy couch and no system and they will blow it big time - see Knicks, Portland, etc.
See the Rangers what the right system can do with the team in no time.
We need players who willing to play within Browns system, throw out their egos and just do what they asked to do. And it doest matter we will get it from current players or from any future trades.
When I will see the system working I will be optimistic and there are some signs…
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/6/2006  4:30 PM
No to Odom and "stars" who need the ball to be effective and don't play much D. Yes to big athletic rebounders like Wilcox, Shelden and Boone.

I don't think we're that far away either, but I have no faith in Isiah to make the right moves. I agree with Marv, Francis was a starphuch that happened to work. Odom will be a starphuch that probably won't.
¿ △ ?
jaydh
Member: #96
3/6/2006  4:43 PM
Odom can play D and really doesnt need the ball in his hands all times to succeed. He is doing well in LA and definately does not get the ball alot. I'd like to hear who you would suggest for the 3spot. Everyone i hear on here, such as Al harrington, Rashard lewis, etc, dont play a lick of D.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/6/2006  4:46 PM
Posted by jaydh:

Odom can play D and really doesnt need the ball in his hands all times to succeed. He is doing well in LA and definately does not get the ball alot. I'd like to hear who you would suggest for the 3spot. Everyone i hear on here, such as Al harrington, Rashard lewis, etc, dont play a lick of D.

I would go with QRich, Lee or Woods. And we're stuck with Jalen for another year. We can get by. Qrich and Lee play D there.

I think the most important thing is to instill a defensive identity to this club and worry about adding the firepower of an Odom later. It's more important to add a Shelden Williams/Josh Boone mentality to the team. This team needs an identity and some rugged role players and we need to stop chasing the flavor of the month. What am I saying - it's Isiah...
¿ △ ?
codeunknown
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #704
3/6/2006  5:29 PM
In short, I'm quite optimistic about next year. No question, we've thrown away draft picks but as of now we have enough talent to make a few mistakes and still build a contender in 2 years.
Sh-t in the popcorn to go with sh-t on the court. Its a theme show like Medieval times.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/6/2006  6:12 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by Marv:

Getting Stevie Francis KILLED any last bit of optimism I may have had left after the Jalen trade.

Why did getting Francis for Penny and Ariza kill you optimism?

Because to me it was a pure starphuck move.

Extend our spending into the next galaxy.

Respond to every failed "plan" by jumping willy-nilly into the "next."

Create a perpetual smokescreen around you that we'll keep adding "talent" and somewhere somehow it will all come together and gel.

Bring in yet another GROSSLY overpaid player whose game doesn't translate to wins.

This pattern doesn't strike anyone else? Buy one unwanted overrated "star" after another and keep selling it as a "plan" that's evetnually going to work?

I have zero - absolutely zero - faith in the current administration of the NY Knicks. I don't even care whether the responsibility for the current state gets ascribed to Dolan, Isiah, Larry, the players, or various combinations. But I'll tell you that the Stevie pickup tells me they have nothing to offer us to give us any hope that they're dealing with the structure of building up a legitimate winning team.

good post. I feel the exact same way! even if Marbury is finally traded. Francis is not the guy I want in my backcourt
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/6/2006  6:13 PM
You guys keep screaming that we need more role players. Well, Odom is what I call a "Star-role-player". He;s not a player that needs the bal in his hands to be effective like a Kobe, Vince etc.

You anti Odom guys say we need rebounders. Odom would be the best rebounder on this team. You guys say we need guys who can play at least 2 different positions. Odom can play 3-4 positions.

You guys say we need guys who are unselfish. Other than Marbury, Odom would be the best passer on this team. He could handle the ball at the top of the key for stretches when FRancis and Marbury are hot. Either one of them can run off screens on either side of the court while Odom runs the point forward.

Odom is a far better option at the 3, than Q or Jalen. Jalen is 33, and Q is a one dimensional player on the offensive end.

LARRY BROWN, THE COACH YOOU GUYS DEFEND ENDLESSLY, SAID THAT ODOM IS ONE OF THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE. OBVIOUSLY HE'S A BROWN PLAYER. Brown players are supposed to be tough minded, gritty and unselfish. If Brown loves this guy so much, don't you think he fits the criteria?
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/6/2006  6:18 PM
we need more than just a role player. We need a leader. Someone who makes $20mm+ a year but puts the team on his back and doesn't fizzle under pressure and buys into playing great defense.
bigbeast
Member: #1060

3/6/2006  6:24 PM
If you watched Odom in Miami, you would realize he didn't fizzle under pressure. He averaged 17pts, 10 rbs and 4ast. He was unquestionably the team leader of that young team and led them to the playoffs. That more than you can say about any of the so called leaders that currently wear the orange and blue.

Odom is 6'10 with long arms, he can play some D. He's not the second comming of Artest, but he's not as bad as you make him out to be.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
McK1
3/6/2006  6:33 PM
Brown played Odom alot in the Olympics
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/6/2006  6:41 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

we need more than just a role player. We need a leader. Someone who makes $20mm+ a year but puts the team on his back and doesn't fizzle under pressure and buys into playing great defense.

unfortunately i don't think Kobe, Shaq, Duncan, Iverson or Pierce are possibilities for us at this point.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
McK1
3/6/2006  6:45 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by McK1:

I am a Francis fan.

really, I didn't know that man....

let me ask you this question. Do you want marbs gone and move francis to PG, or do you want to move marbs, get a PG, play francis at SG and some PG?

just curious...

either way I know you want marbs gone...

86 Marb. Francis at 2. get a point guard.

BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/6/2006  6:47 PM
what we need are a couple of long armed 6-10+ guys who can run the floor, defend their man, block shots, cause havoc in the lane and a speed guard who can stay right in someone's grill. no more open 3s. stay up on your guy and send him to the shotblocker. if they tell marbury etc.. to stay right on their guys and dont check off--hey we have somoen behind you and we have guys who specifically rebound block/alter shots pressure the ball up court-well be OK--the ball movement is better, its going to get even better,but we need guys who do things like stop guys

they were talking about a go to guy for uconn --why do you need a go to guy when you have a go to defense--a defense that can get stops a go to STOP is more important if you play good team ball, the ball will find the hoop enough
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
3/6/2006  6:52 PM
what about one bong hit from being out for a year
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
jaydh
Member: #96
3/6/2006  7:03 PM
Posted by fishmike:

what about one bong hit from being out for a year

how long has it been since he last failed his drug test?
im optomistic about next year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy