Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/6/2006  11:52 AM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:

Yeah seriously, Curry guards?

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to find somebody in the draft who could sit there in the paint and wait for the guards to set him up for easy buckets, commit stupid offensive fouls because they have no offensive moves, stand there like a statue on defense and make stupid proclamations about how all they need is one summer to start fulfilling their promise when he's already had 5 summers under his team's supervision.

curry does a good job guarding the opposing center, can morrison and gay guard the centers in this league? forget all your other drivel, can they guard centers?

Nazr Mohammed guards centers. Would you take him over Morrison, Gay or Aldridge (who can probably guard centers better than Curry can?

neither does nazr command double teams, nazr is not a space eater, nazr is not a threat to score. curry is. So again I don't see your point, also nazr is 28, curry is 23 the room for growth is greater with curry. you are reaching man...

Question, nazr guards centers and needs help, curry guards with no help.... NEXT.....

Are you really being this obtuse? You're the one bringing up the ability to guard centers as to why you'd prefer Curry over Morrison or Gay, as if Morrison and Gay don't bring anything else to the table.

I'm not bringing up Nazr because I prefer him, rather I brought him up because he fills your asinine "Does he guard centers?" requirement. And please, Curry needs as much help guarding centers as Nazr does but I guess by definition, they both guard centers which according to you means that they're preferable over Morrison or Gay because they can't.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/6/2006  11:53 AM
tkf

would you trade Curry for Big Ben?
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/6/2006  11:55 AM
this has been a very loaded topic

the odds that a few players are decisively better than eddy curry---probability very high

what does eddy curry have to do with this draft--nothing

the only thing that matters here is we didnt seek lotto protection its not about eddy curry or who he might or might not be beter than--its that we didnt bargain downside protection, even minimal downside protection into the deal

eddy curry and malik are right--isiah is the one who should step forward and protect his player, as in taking the blame or atleast explaining why he dindt barter to protect a pick for a player chicago was offering 20mm to retire.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/6/2006  12:24 PM
Posted by McK1:

Howard had 23 and 13 in a 15 point blow-out win in December.

who was guarding him?

post curry's numbers, why don't you?

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/6/2006  12:29 PM
There's no blame to take...we came out way better than chicago and nobody in this draft will be better than curry ever.
all kool aid all the time.
tkf
3/6/2006  12:31 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:

I'm pretty sure that you'd be able to find somebody in the draft who could sit there in the paint and wait for the guards to set him up for easy buckets, commit stupid offensive fouls because they have no offensive moves, stand there like a statue on defense and make stupid proclamations about how all they need is one summer to start fulfilling their promise when he's already had 5 summers under his team's supervision.

curry does a good job guarding the opposing center, can morrison and gay guard the centers in this league? forget all your other drivel, can they guard centers?

Nazr Mohammed guards centers. Would you take him over Morrison, Gay or Aldridge (who can probably guard centers better than Curry can?

neither does nazr command double teams, nazr is not a space eater, nazr is not a threat to score. curry is. So again I don't see your point, also nazr is 28, curry is 23 the room for growth is greater with curry. you are reaching man...

Question, nazr guards centers and needs help, curry guards with no help.... NEXT.....

Are you really being this obtuse? You're the one bringing up the ability to guard centers as to why you'd prefer Curry over Morrison or Gay, as if Morrison and Gay don't bring anything else to the table.

I'm not bringing up Nazr because I prefer him, rather I brought him up because he fills your asinine "Does he guard centers?" requirement. And please, Curry needs as much help guarding centers as Nazr does but I guess by definition, they both guard centers which according to you means that they're preferable over Morrison or Gay because they can't.

islefan, the point is that people will say, I prefer morrison or gay, so threfore the curry trade is bad, this is the assinine thinking that I am arguing against. The point is we needed a center, we got one, we don't need more swingman, that is the point, therefore curry's value to me is higher. Now you and others have come back with the assinine well anyone can do what curry does, even nazr, Nazr does not fill my requirement of guarding centers, because nazr is not as effective IMO, we have been down that road, nazr will often be outscorred and will need help guarding real centers in this league, not the 6'8 wannabe centers. Curry guards big men without help, holds his own at times even dominates. KT never dominated at center for us, neither has nazr. Also there is no one I see in this draft that commands double teams from the center position and say what you want about curry, he does, that is just the facts.. stop with the smoke screening!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
3/6/2006  12:32 PM
Posted by McK1:

tkf

would you trade Curry for Big Ben?

NO.... not if I were the knicks, I would trade curry for amare or Dwight...

But what does Big ben have to do with the draft? if there is a player in the draft that will be as dominant as big ben, then this question would make sense. can you guarantee me that there will be?
islesfan
3/6/2006  12:32 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

There's no blame to take...we came out way better than chicago and nobody in this draft will be better than curry ever.

Based on what? Your hopes and dreams again? Great, thanks for wasting everybody's time.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/6/2006  12:35 PM
Who in this draft will be better than curry? Oh, I forgot, you don't answer questions.
tkf
3/6/2006  12:36 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

I don't know if that was sarcasm there, but let me ask you this. The knicks have denvers pick, lets say they draft Boone or Armstrong, and either player is not only better than curry over the long haul, but better than everyone in the top 5.

Was this trade to get curry still bad?

rvhoss
Switzerland
3/6/2006  12:39 PM
no sarcasm...he demands double teaming, he can score at will, has a soft touch and is only 23.

I think we came out way better in this trade. The only true argument is salary cap, but that's beating a dead horse.

I seriously disagree with anybody that contends that somebody in this year's draft will be better than Curry.

Anything can happen, but curry is NOT kwame brown. He's putting up Nazr numbers now and some think he's a bust. I'm not concerned at all with Curry's production.

He will be much better...and he is CURRENTLY better than anybody coming out of this year's draft...so the question is moot.
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/6/2006  12:40 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by rvhoss:

I don't know if that was sarcasm there, but let me ask you this. The knicks have denvers pick, lets say they draft Boone or Armstrong, and either player is not only better than curry over the long haul, but better than everyone in the top 5.

Very unlikely. There's always the chance in the draft you get a good player with a lower pick. In that scenario, we made a bad trade and got lucky.
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/6/2006  12:41 PM
yeah, there can be lightning in a bottle and ofcourse everyone in the next draft COULD be better...but I think most knick fans are of the opinion that this is not likely.

now, note I said knick FANS, not Islesfans.
islesfan
3/6/2006  12:42 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by islesfan:

islefan, the point is that people will say, I prefer morrison or gay, so threfore the curry trade is bad, this is the assinine thinking that I am arguing against. The point is we needed a center, we got one, we don't need more swingman, that is the point, therefore curry's value to me is higher. Now you and others have come back with the assinine well anyone can do what curry does, even nazr, Nazr does not fill my requirement of guarding centers, because nazr is not as effective IMO, we have been down that road, nazr will often be outscorred and will need help guarding real centers in this league, not the 6'8 wannabe centers. Curry guards big men without help, holds his own at times even dominates. KT never dominated at center for us, neither has nazr. Also there is no one I see in this draft that commands double teams from the center position and say what you want about curry, he does, that is just the facts.. stop with the smoke screening!!!

I guess you would have picked Sam Bowie over Michael Jordan. How did that one work out?
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/6/2006  12:42 PM
As Briggs said- comparing Curry to a draft pick isn't fair. It was Isiahs blunder not to protect that pick in the top five. If you want to compare Curry to anyone, you compare him to Sweetney and TT.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
rvhoss
Switzerland
3/6/2006  12:46 PM
Now someone is actually talking like a real person.

All this other talk is madness...I'm a firm believer that this season is a flash in the pan. And he's still putting up games and moments that make me salivate.

He's gonna be a star, no question about it...and if not a star, more than anybody currently coming out of the draft.

Don't get me wrong, i jocked reezy as well, but that was before we discovered QWoods.

but I stand by my statement, Curry will be THE dominant big man in the East next year. His only competition is howard, but howard has no supporting cast...unless you count reezy.

Posted by bigbeast:

As Briggs said- comparing Curry to a draft pick isn't fair. It was Isiahs blunder not to protect that pick in the top five. If you want to compare Curry to anyone, you compare him to Sweetney and TT.

LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/6/2006  12:57 PM
I think Eddy Curry is a terrific talent. Someone that big who is so athletic...he has skills you can't teach.

This is probably a bad choice of words, but does he have a heart? Does he want to be a great player? He certainly doesn't look to me that he is in shape.

I've seen guys like Curry before come and go. Remember Chris Washburn? Benoit Benjamin? Dinner Bell Mel Turpin? John Williams, who ate himself out of the league? Joe Barry Carroll aka Joe Barely Cares? (When asked what it was like to coach JBC, Johnnie Bach said "It was like coaching a corpse.") Even Oliver Miller had some ability.

Will Curry end up like these guys. Guys with loads of talent, but lacking in head & heart.
tkf
3/6/2006  12:59 PM
Posted by rvhoss:

no sarcasm...he demands double teaming, he can score at will, has a soft touch and is only 23.

I think we came out way better in this trade. The only true argument is salary cap, but that's beating a dead horse.

I seriously disagree with anybody that contends that somebody in this year's draft will be better than Curry.

Anything can happen, but curry is NOT kwame brown. He's putting up Nazr numbers now and some think he's a bust. I'm not concerned at all with Curry's production.

He will be much better...and he is CURRENTLY better than anybody coming out of this year's draft...so the question is moot.

thats cool, I didn't know if you were serious or not, but I agree about this draft. We need a center, find me a center in this draft that is better than curry. I can't. We have Q1 and Q2 at the SF spot. will morrison and Gay be better than those two? who knows, maybe, right now tho, I love the way Q is defending and we know he has the ability to score, and right now he is still young, just 3 years older than both gay and morrison. I am not mad at all, not at this point.. I would like to see curry consistently do what he did the other night, I would feel better about the trade..
McK1
Member: #964
3/6/2006  12:59 PM
Curry 23 & 7 in a 15 point loss at home.

you could've gotten Mike Sweetney to put up 15 & 6 nightly, draw doubles, and guard opposing centers 1 - on -1. I recall him shutting EC down and doing a very good job on Shaq.

with EC's 6' 11 frame, the theory is his length wil be more of a factor defensively than Mikes. Yet instill, the paint is as wide open as ever.

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
tkf
3/6/2006  1:00 PM
Posted by Solace:
Posted by tkf:
Posted by rvhoss:

Very unlikely. There's always the chance in the draft you get a good player with a lower pick. In that scenario, we made a bad trade and got lucky.

better to be lucky than good sometimes..
curry isn't feeling the draft (article)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy