[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Worst Knick To Ever Wear The Orange And Blue

Author Poll
Elite
Member: #510

Who was the worst player to ever wear a knick uniform???? im excluding players like Greg Anderson who wereonly here a year or so... trying to stick with players that had somewhat of a role in the rotation.......... For me its by far Jerome james even tho Shandon Anderson is a close 2nd.. god he was ****in AWFUL
Jerome James
Shandon Anderson
Howard Eisley
Tim Thomas
Moochie Norris
Travis Knight
Luc Longley
View Results

Author Thread
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/6/2006  11:35 AM
Posted by islesfan:

Bob Thornton. He was useless and on the team for a few years. Kinda like Greg Butler but at least he was a fan favorite.

tkf, nice call on the edmund sherrod pick.

thanks man, I hated that guy. LOL.. the last I remember of him is being carried off the court on a stretcher after he ran into a pick...LOL..

Bob thorton..LOL.. he was a bum!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
AUTOADVERT
stanleybostitch
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1071

3/6/2006  12:05 PM

Frederick Weis.
The new new core: Randle, RJ, IQ. Maybe Mitch. Future pick. Future trade. Future FA.
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/6/2006  12:07 PM
Posted by jaydh:

it has to be longley. you may hate JJ and how much he is getting paid, but that has nothing to do with his playing which is by far better than what longley was able to give us.

Longley had a career ending injury....it was genetic I believe also so its not fair to Longley to diss him. He did try to play for us.....but his body was done.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
EnySpree
Alba Posts: 138
Member: #397

3/6/2006  12:09 PM
Posted by tkf:

edmund sherrod.... LOL

yeah man he was a retard.
Subscribe to my Podcast https://youtube.com/c/DiehardknicksPodcast https://twitter.com/DiehardknicksPC?t=z5pqPMhdiAZNwzcCGMkiFw&s=09
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/6/2006  12:44 PM
Posted by Silverfuel:

Solace and Nalod: Under the impression that salary has to be taken into account, who would you rate as the worst? Because the owner/GM (good or bad) depended on the salaries to structure their team.

Take salary into account and I have to say Tim Thomas. Thomas was such a sore spot to the team that most were actually hoping he'd get injured, just so we could play someone in his place. That's pretty bad. Jerome James certainly fits the bill: $5 million per for about 10 cents worth of production.

Eisley and Shandon, they probably made 3x what they were worth, but at least they played hard, and they had their bright spots... meaning, on some nights, you forgot they were so overpaid. I can't say that Jerome James has had a bright spot yet. As for Tim Thomas, watching his play ball was painful. He should've worn pink slippers and a tutu to go with his attitude.

Luc Longley is a fair argument, because he barely played, due to injury, and we had to pay him for a few years.

[Edited by - Solace on 03-06-2006 12:45 PM]
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/6/2006  12:45 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by WOODMANnYk:

Chris Dudley for me.. teams use to double-team someone else and just forget about Dudley on the offensive end..

Dudley would look like an Allstar right now compared to how Jerome James has played this year.

At least Dudley gave us something we don't have right now... some defensive intensity.
LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/6/2006  1:09 PM
Michael Wright was from Arizona U., not Cincy. He was on that great Arizona U team that had Richard Jefferson & Gilbert Arenas that lost to Duke in the final game. He didn't even make the team after being a 2nd round draft pick. He was an undersized power forward.

Maybe you are conflating Wright with Pete Mickael, a U of Cincy product from the same era as Wright who played with Kenyon Martin and had a cup of coffee with the Knicks.

I was a regular at the Garden during the days of Pat Cummings and I remember when he signed as a free agent from Dallas. I think he may have hurt his foot and that is why he never played as well with the Knicks as he did with the Mavs.

You guys are strickly minor league when discussing "worst Knick ever" or at least you have short memories. In the eighties, before Ewing was drafted and after Bernard King & Leonard "Truck" Robinson got hurt, the Knicks were awful (why they were in position to draft Ewing). They were as bad then as they are now, though they didn't have the talent (and payroll) back then. The front-line was the aforementioned Ken "The Animal" Bannister, Eddie Lee Wilkins, who I believe scored 35 in his NBA debut, and my choice for worst Knick ever, center Ron Cavenal. That guy couldn't play a lick. If you think the Knicks are tough to watch now, you should have seen it back then. At least now it is like watching a train wreck. There was no one there at the Garden then and you could hear Hubie Brown calling out the plays.

Frederick Weis may have been the worst draft pick. What a waste of a first round pick! And how about that guy Lampe, who is still in the league I believe with New Orleans/Oklahoma City. He was sent packing in the Marbury trade. I remember how delighted Scott Layden was when he was still around in the second round (some predicted he would go in the top 10). We now know why? And wasn't there another big center from Yugoslavia, or one of those countries that used be Yugoslavia, who was drafted by Layden in the second round and was quickly cut by Isiah. In fact, it might have been the very first thing Isiah did when he took over, cutting this guy. He was like 7'6" but couldn't play a lick. He might have even been worse than Cavenal.
rich1223
Member: #864
USA
3/6/2006  1:31 PM
what about Kenny Sky Walker!At least he won the slam dunk contest!But was a waste as a first round pick!
McK1
Member: #964
3/6/2006  1:39 PM
And wasn't there another big center from Yugoslavia, or one of those countries that used be Yugoslavia, who was drafted by Layden in the second round and was quickly cut by Isiah. In fact, it might have been the very first thing Isiah did when he took over, cutting this guy. He was like 7'6" but couldn't play a lick. He might have even been worse than Cavenal.

Slavko Vranes
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2006  1:56 PM
Ask luc to show you his three championship rings
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/6/2006  3:00 PM
Ron cavenal was horrible, but nothing was funnier than watching edmund sherrod play, he alwasy was hunched over dribbling like those guys did back in the 50's..LOL.... he played defense that way, boy that sorry bastard never saw that pick comming, it damn near killed his azz!!!!
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/6/2006  3:23 PM
How about the ghost of David Wingate. I don't think he even played a game with us, and was only on the team because Ewing liked him personally.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
PresIke
USA
3/6/2006  3:26 PM
Don't forget Greg Butler and Pete Myers
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/6/2006  3:28 PM
im really suprised at how many votes Luc has got lol.. must be the Bull affiliation
LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/6/2006  3:33 PM
Yeah. Butler was a real stiff. He was like a minor league Greg Kite and that was pretty bad. For several years Butler was like the 12th man on the team.

Wasn't Stuart Gray a Knick? There were three big centers in Ewing's high school class, Ewing, Gray & Greg Dreiling, who was an NBA journeyman. Gray was a stiff who played at UCLA and, as Frank Layden used to say, you can't teach height and he hung around the NBA as an 11th or 12th guy for a number of years. Seems he had a cup of coffee with the Knicks.

And there was another one of those guys back in the eighties that was signed at the end of the year, Brad Wright, who also played at UCLA. And Mike Davis was a big center who played for Lefty Dreisel at Maryland who played briefly for the Knicks.

And there was another guy in the 90s who played for Riley maybe. What was his name. He had a reputation as a shooter. Ah, Brian Quinnet. He never did much. Wasn't quick enough to get off his shot I guess.
PresIke
USA
3/6/2006  3:49 PM
Oh yeah...how about Bo Kimble (great college player, though)
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/6/2006  3:52 PM
in the mold of gray, butler, and dreiling is the superstar named james donaldson.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/6/2006  4:25 PM
Posted by Swishfm3:

Charles Smith

HE WAS FOULED!!!!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/6/2006  4:40 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:
Posted by Swishfm3:

Charles Smith

HE WAS FOULED!!!!

plus its not like that was the deciding game.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/6/2006  4:43 PM
Jerome James really isn't that bad next to some of the schlubs in Knicks history, but he might have the all time worst contract.
¿ △ ?
The Worst Knick To Ever Wear The Orange And Blue

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy