[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Onkbok and other trade checker master users... (a little help)
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/5/2006  1:19 PM
Come up with something (realistic) for me here. No KG or 6 time all stars coming back Mo Taylor.

Here's what I would look to do this offseason.

Trade Marbury for Kenny Thomas and Marcus Banks. The MB is a FA so it would have to be a sign and trade for Banks with Minn send the Kings Jaric, Hudson or something like that. I'm more than willing to include the Spurs pick and or Nate to make it happen. Banks is tough defender (one of the best in the league IMO) we need at guard. Not the best play maker but MUCH better than Earl Watson on both sides of the ball. Go watch him play.

Sign Reggie Evans to the full MLE

Try to trade Mo T to the Hawks, Bulls or anyone with cap space for an 07 2nd round pick (aka garbage). Include cash if need be. In the last year of his deal I think there will be a market for him considering we are asking for nothing back. At the very least this clears the PF glut, he's a black hole anyway, and if we dont take back a player we get back a $10mm trade exception which is very valuable and can be used a variety of ways later.

Bring Jamal off the bench behind Francis and Banks

Draft BPA.. preferably an athletic 2-3 type

Starters and rotation would look something like this:
Curry/Frye
Evans/Lee
Kenny Thomas/QWoods
Francis/QRich
Banks/Crawford

better balance of scoring/rebounding and defense

Still "building" around young frontcourt of Curry, Lee, Frye and now Banks, all 25 and under.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
3/5/2006  1:22 PM
i wouldnt put Q on the bench....he should start at SF....kenny thomas is a more athletic version of kurt thomas and he's a good power foward...his defense is underated
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/5/2006  1:30 PM
the better banks plays now, the less minny is going to want/need steph.
bigbeast
Member: #1060

3/5/2006  1:37 PM
Are you Kenny Thomas' agent? Or Are you contractually obligated to mention Kenny Thomas being traded to the Knicks every other post you make?

Now you want marcus Banks running the point? For all the bonehead plays Marbury maskes at times, he is a far better Point Gaurd than Banks. I wouldn't mind seeing Evans as a back -up, only if Malik and Mo taylor are gone. But No and No to the other 2.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
fishmike
USA
3/5/2006  1:49 PM
Kenny Thomas is a realistic option that wouldnt cost very much. He's a good 2 way player. Nothing great, but he plays D and can play both forward spots. He's an LB favorite also.

Banks isnt better than Marbury. This is actually the first Marbury trade I have ever proposed because I've always viewed him as part of the solution and not part of the problem. With Francis here he's redundant. We need a defender on the perimeter. We need a defender at the 2/3. We need a defender at the 4/5. Evan/Thomas/Banks gives us muscle and hard nosed play.

I could put out KG/Oneil proposals but they are stupid IMO. We dont need Odom or Al Harrington. We need good role players. We need a nasty rebounder who plays with a F-k it attitude in Evans. We need a foward that can actually hit a jumper and defend both positions in KT. We need a guard that will actually keep opposing PG's in front of him.
bigbeast

3/5/2006  2:04 PM
You said we need a rebounder- Odom is the a better reboumder than anyone on our team. You said we need a player who can play two different positions- Odom can play 3-4.

You said we need a role player- Odom is a star role-player. He rebounds better than Thomas, passes better than Thomas (passing is the key when you have a team like this knick team that is loaded with indivual talnet. You need someone willing and capable of passing). Odom handles the ball better than Thomas (which is also key because if we can't deal either Marbury and Francis, Odom could hanlde the point forward when both guys are hot and have both of them comming off screens on either side of the court while Odom handles the ball at the top of the key).

Odom is 6'10, long arms and the biggest endorsement I coud give him is.....the coach that you have defended endlessly on this board absolutely loves him. Brown called Odom one of the two most underrated all around players in the NBA. Odom being a Brown player is fact because Brown said it himself. Thomas being a Brown player is an opinion.
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
3/5/2006  2:10 PM
Kenny Thomas 28yrs old

05-06 - $6,109,375
06-07 - $6,720,312
07-08 - $7,331,250
08-09 - $7,942,187
09-10 - $8,553,125
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
fishmike
USA
3/5/2006  2:13 PM
I hear you.. and from a BB stand point your right Odom seems like a good fit. If you have read my posts over the years you would know I'm a huge Odom fan. I dont think he's a good fit for this team. He tends to coast when he's having a shooting night. He doesnt have a strong personality. When things arent going his way he doesnt assert himself. I believe he's one drug violation away from a 1 year suspension and this being his hometown I just think its a bad fit.

Kenny Thomas played under Larry Brown for several years in Phili
bigbeast

3/5/2006  2:23 PM
I think Kobe's overbearing personality has drained Odom a little. When he was in Miami, he averaged 17 pts, 10 rbs and 4ast. He was unquestionably the leader on that young team and led them to the playoffs.

I think Kobe and Iverson are the two most difficult players to play with, especailly for a player like Odom who makes positive plays with the ball in his hands. Kobe and Iverson dominate the shot clock, then and only when there in trouble they dump it off, leaving a player like Odom in a perculiar predicament where the chance of making a negative play is high.

Odom normally makes good judgement when the ball is in hands. Kobe dominates the ball. I think that may cause him to coast a little because Kobe makes him and his teammates feel like spectators. I've seen Kobe go 8-9-10 possessions in a row where he doesn;t give up the ball. What kind of rhythm can you, as a player, get into playing that way?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/5/2006  2:24 PM
Fish, one reason I'm against KennyT is I don't want to trade Steph for anyone whose contract runs longer than his.
Onkbok and other trade checker master users... (a little help)

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy