[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

bottom line observation
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/5/2006  6:11 AM
forget about w-l for one moment, although the signs are there that we could see a reasonable finish--perhaps even .500 or so down the last 22 games. Since we acquired Jalen Rose and soon-after S Francis, Q-Rich has become a better ballplayer. It is likely to do with ball movement, spacing and competitive drive. You get new guys in there who may threaten PT, and you subconsciously pick it up. And you can see all of the guys Francis Q Marbury and Rose[sans the 2 games before the DNP] al pick up their numbers in terms of effeciency. Hasnt happended for Craw, but maybe it will.

I think we are 1-2 athletic lengthy 6-10 players and a quick back up PG away from being a much better team next year

Also, I have no clue what they will do with malik, to me hes not a long term solution, but I agree with giving him the maximum time here over Frye[what?] at this point, because if he keeps this up--his last two games--he has a new value again. Its to risky going into a season knowing malik will be your full time PF and with our superior guard play, even if we are young in the frontcourt, it wont matter.

Id love to see us use David Lee and apick to get Sheldan Williams and move up enough to get Josh Boone-PF and back up athletic mobile C respectively.

if we go into next season like this

C-Curry 6-10 280
F Williams 6-9 260
F Rose 6-8 215
G Q-rich 6-6 225
G Marbury 6-2 200
C Boone 6-10 1/2 245
F Frye 6-11 245
G Francis 6-3 200
G Crawford[after a dedicated off season] OR MLE Marcus Banks
that has to be a playoff team.

OR we could offer the full MLE to Chris Wilcox, keep Crawford and just use the two draft picks to move up to draft one big. either way we come out with two athletic bigs 6-10+
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  6:17 AM
One more thing about Wilcox

look at the numbers he is puting up since he went to Seattle. 13 points 6 reb in 27 min shooting 65%

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3606

this is not some kind of lucky jerome james run at the right moment, if you look at his past year game logs, he has a number of 20-10 games, he just was in a position behind elton brand and didnt get the pT, but if we translate his numbers over a 35 minute period, its about the same production as now with a solid fG%.

hes also all of 23
RIP Crushalot😞
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/5/2006  7:09 AM
i would love for the team to acquire some hungry players. And get away from the prima-donna's.

I don't know what is going on with Eddy Curry, but whatever it is...

I don't like it!
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/5/2006  7:49 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Since we acquired Jalen Rose and soon-after S Francis, Q-Rich has become a better ballplayer. It is likely to do with ball movement, spacing and competitive drive. You get new guys in there who may threaten PT, and you subconsciously pick it up.

I have a different thought on Q. I think his back is better. His whole movement out there seems differernt now. And that drive for the dunk last night!?!? I haven't read any reports on it, but it's my guess.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/5/2006  10:55 AM
not too crazy about Wilcox anymore... his basketball IQ isn't high, & i'd much rather hold onto David Lee personally.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/5/2006  10:59 AM
This is no longer Marbs team.

He has been found wanting and Isiah perhaps now must go in another direction for leadership.

Craw doe not notice the new players.
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  11:05 AM
Posted by TMS:

not too crazy about Wilcox anymore... his basketball IQ isn't high, & i'd much rather hold onto David Lee personally.

I would trade David Lee and a pick for Sheldan Wiliams, you have to be kidding me. Chris Wilcox is an MLE candidate--meaning no or little compensation if Seattle doesnt want to pony up which they probably cant do. If we end up on draft day stifled and even if we do get 1 guy--we need 2 guys upfront long term. We need a 4 and a 5 back up etc.. the whole shibang Malik James taylor have to go and butler is probably two years out.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  11:16 AM
Im kind of optomistic for next season. I knew the second we got Francis for nothing, this team would change a bit. If Jalen can continue to hit open shots, its an added +.

Now STAY away from the Kenyon Martins--anyone read about kenyone the other day? cant play b-b is taking huge amounts of pain killers to play---not interested in that! A combination of two athletic bigs and a back up pG and this team is headed for the playoffs next year---and this is doable--you can see what we need a little force and length upfront and some more speed off the bench in the backcourt.

RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/5/2006  11:22 AM
Briggs: I no longer like wilcox, I really think either Josh boone or Hilton Armstrong will be there for our denver pick. Either guy will give us another long athletic body. I think malik can still give us minutes off the bench, but I want to start Frye at PF game 1 of next season.

I am not a fan of sheldon williams as much as you are, but he will go a lot higher than boone or Armstrong for some reason, so I don't think he is a realistic option.

Why are you trying to get rid of lee so bad? we have him on the cheap for a few more years, let he and butler develop, comming off the bench, that keeps the pipeline of young bigs fresh. after next season when Mo taylor is gone, that opens up more time for butler and lee. My big man rotation would be for the future :

C: curry/ Butler/frye
PF:frye/ Lee/ Draft pick(boone or armstrong)

as far as marbs go, I wonder if marcus williams is comming out of Uconn this year, I would not mind doing a salary dump with marbs and doing a PG by committe until marcus takes the spot..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
3/5/2006  11:23 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Im kind of optomistic for next season. I knew the second we got Francis for nothing, this team would change a bit. If Jalen can continue to hit open shots, its an added +.

Now STAY away from the Kenyon Martins--anyone read about kenyone the other day? cant play b-b is taking huge amounts of pain killers to play---not interested in that! A combination of two athletic bigs and a back up pG and this team is headed for the playoffs next year---and this is doable--you can see what we need a little force and length upfront and some more speed off the bench in the backcourt.

I agree briggs, Kenyon martin is damaged goods, could not play last night, maybe all he needs is a summer of rest, I don't really care, I don't want him, that is Denvers problem.. we have fat arse JJ..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/5/2006  11:26 AM
No to wilcox he lacks fire and desire, and a big fat no to keeping malik
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  11:37 AM
Posted by tkf:

Briggs: I no longer like wilcox, I really think either Josh boone or Hilton Armstrong will be there for our denver pick. Either guy will give us another long athletic body. I think malik can still give us minutes off the bench, but I want to start Frye at PF game 1 of next season.

I am not a fan of sheldon williams as much as you are, but he will go a lot higher than boone or Armstrong for some reason, so I don't think he is a realistic option.

Why are you trying to get rid of lee so bad? we have him on the cheap for a few more years, let he and butler develop, comming off the bench, that keeps the pipeline of young bigs fresh. after next season when Mo taylor is gone, that opens up more time for butler and lee. My big man rotation would be for the future :

C: curry/ Butler/frye
PF:frye/ Lee/ Draft pick(boone or armstrong)

as far as marbs go, I wonder if marcus williams is comming out of Uconn this year, I would not mind doing a salary dump with marbs and doing a PG by committe until marcus takes the spot..

Williams is the only post player that has a combination of power and athelsicm a 7-5 wingspan and refined post moves with a baby jumper. Hes the most complete player--I think very much like Boozer who went round 2 that he is being severely under-rated. hes projected to go around 10--I think hes a top 3 pick--so we will have to wait and see--perhaps if chicago liked David Lee that much, if we throw a pick + Lee to them --we could get up to around 10? Im not holding my breath, but just putting possibilities out there.

I watch Uconn guys all the time on full-court and anyone would be impressed with Chris Wilcox. To me he is a HIGH level prospect for the full mLE hes only 23, hes 6-10 and he hsa pROVEN to be a good player with PT.

Im trying to be realistic here--we need two guys upfront, we cant come back with malik rose and jerome james--whatever conclusion it comes out 2, we need 2 new guys in there. If its a Josh Boone and Wilcox or a Sheldan Williams and Dan Gadzuric etc a Hilton Armstrong and a Paul Millsap whatever we can do to get the best duo or even 1 guy if it comes down to it. I mean if we just added Sheldan Williams, wed be much better
RIP Crushalot😞
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/5/2006  12:27 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

I would trade David Lee and a pick for Sheldan Wiliams, you have to be kidding me. Chris Wilcox is an MLE candidate--meaning no or little compensation if Seattle doesnt want to pony up which they probably cant do. If we end up on draft day stifled and even if we do get 1 guy--we need 2 guys upfront long term. We need a 4 and a 5 back up etc.. the whole shibang Malik James taylor have to go and butler is probably two years out.

what i was saying is that i'd rather hold onto Lee than trade him away & sign Chris Wilcox... if you want Shelden Williams, why not try to package Nate & a pick to get him instead? i can't comment on Williams since i don't follow college hoops all that much, but i'll take your word for it if you think he's the type of high IQ player this team needs more of.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigpimpin
Member: #801
USA
3/5/2006  12:58 PM
Those who liked the Jerome James signing, MAN THE F UP!

hahahahahahaha
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/5/2006  1:13 PM
Larry isn't going to add another "kid."
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by TMS:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by TMS:

what i was saying is that i'd rather hold onto Lee than trade him away & sign Chris Wilcox... if you want Shelden Williams, why not try to package Nate & a pick to get him instead? i can't comment on Williams since i don't follow college hoops all that much, but i'll take your word for it if you think he's the type of high IQ player this team needs more of.

He's modern day athletic version of Oakley. He's a cant miss prospect and an immediate impact player from the 4 spot who can also slide to 5. It's very hard to find an athlete who put up numbers like this at a top tier college i mean top 10 where the players skills did not translate to the NBA

If you work his current numbers out to 40 minutes
23 points 13 rebounds 5 blocks shooting 59%
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/profile?playerId=11146
and this is not at Montana State this is Duke.
RIP Crushalot😞
BRIGGS
3/5/2006  1:22 PM
Posted by Rich:

no one can be that ridged. He must look at guys like Carlos Boozer and see that guys who you can bring from the draft can easily have a much higher impact than someone who you can scrub up. If the plan is to get Kenyon Martin, then they risk a blow up. Go get a Chris Wilcox and draft a Hilton Armstrong--or better a sheldan Williams use the picks + Lee to get him. Come on Williams is an athletic 260 pounds who plasy at the highest level of nCAA his level of play on that level is twice as good as either Lee or Frye.
RIP Crushalot😞
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/5/2006  1:39 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Rich:

no one can be that ridged. He must look at guys like Carlos Boozer and see that guys who you can bring from the draft can easily have a much higher impact than someone who you can scrub up. If the plan is to get Kenyon Martin, then they risk a blow up. Go get a Chris Wilcox and draft a Hilton Armstrong--or better a sheldan Williams use the picks + Lee to get him. Come on Williams is an athletic 260 pounds who plasy at the highest level of nCAA his level of play on that level is twice as good as either Lee or Frye.

Do we really need any more evidence to support the proposition that Larry is as rigid as rigor mortis?

How many times has he made that silly statement that when he took the job he hoped that Sweetney and TT would be his starting forwards, and yet both have had trouble getting on an NBA court this season, albeit for differing reasons?

He often gives Malik Rose more PT than Frye, let alone Lee, even though this team is going nowhere.

I hope I'm wrong.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/5/2006  1:43 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

Those who liked the Jerome James signing, MAN THE F UP!

hahahahahahaha

Here I am baby!!

Double-J is my favorite f'g Knick!!

Just look at what he did last night. And he made it all seem so effortless too, but it really was special.

First of all, he was only the court a total of 9 minutes - didn't it seem like at least twice that amount??

In his mere 9 minutes, he accumulated . . .5 fouls!! That's dedication at the defensive end, folks. No farting around matador defernse for the Big Game - if someone's near you, and he plays for the opposite team - smack him upside the goddamn head!!! That's real Knicks basketball, folks - old school style.

Also, look at his assist to turnover ratio - it was 1:4. Now at first blush, that may not seem that great, but consider this - at least he had a freaking assist!! How about celebrating that for a little while!!

Fiallly, as always, Jerome is the consummate teammate. He gave it all up for Eddy Curry. He knows Eddy's been getting skewered, everyone wants to give him back for a draft choice, etc. So what does JJ the benevolent one do? That's right he shows Knick fans everywhere - "Hey, you want to rag on Eddy? How would you like ME as your starting cneter?? THinks so?? Well watch this!!!
bobs3304
Member: #948
3/5/2006  1:46 PM
Shelden Williams could be the answer alongside Curry.

We need a High IQ enforcer next to him. Williams is exactly that.

He'll probly go Top 7 when it's all said and done, considering we still have the Tourny left.

My question is - "How good a passer is he?" , b/c if we're giving up Lee or Nate plus picks, I wanna be sure he's really the guy we want.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
bottom line observation

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy