[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

better nba player: reddick or gansey?

Author Poll
djsunyc
Member: #536
curious to see what you guys thought. reddick is projected lottery. gansey is projected as a late 1st round/2nd round. who do you think will be the better nba player?
reddick
gansey
View Results

Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/4/2006  2:31 PM
I'm gonna be in the minority, but I prefer Gansey. He's a physical player, plays tough defense, not afraid to bang for rebounds. He's also a frighteningly efficient shooter. He brings a John Starks mentaility to the game, with a smart shot selection.

I've mentioned my concerns about Reddick. A lot of people are saying Hornacek, but Hornacek could run an offense. Dunno that Reddick can (hasn't showed it yet). If you're undersized at 2G you need some major athleticism (Wade, Francis, Gordon). Does he have to conditioning to succeed in a MIller/Hamilton type role? Will he be able to stay with anyone on D, and if he can't, will an NBA coach leave him out there just for his O. Will they committ to making him a top 3 option on O even though he might be a liability in other areas?

Gansey's a little bigger and a much bigger factor on D. His hustle will also endear him to coaches.
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/4/2006  2:46 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I'm gonna be in the minority, but I prefer Gansey. He's a physical player, plays tough defense, not afraid to bang for rebounds. He's also a frighteningly efficient shooter. He brings a John Starks mentaility to the game, with a smart shot selection.

I've mentioned my concerns about Reddick. A lot of people are saying Hornacek, but Hornacek could run an offense. Dunno that Reddick can (hasn't showed it yet). If you're undersized at 2G you need some major athleticism (Wade, Francis, Gordon). Does he have to conditioning to succeed in a MIller/Hamilton type role? Will he be able to stay with anyone on D, and if he can't, will an NBA coach leave him out there just for his O. Will they committ to making him a top 3 option on O even though he might be a liability in other areas?

Gansey's a little bigger and a much bigger factor on D. His hustle will also endear him to coaches.

Not in the minority with me, I love Gansey and for the same reasons you said, I just think hes a better all around player. He's tough as nails and you don't have to worry about him on the defensive end either.

I just think that JJ is one of those ultimate college players that won't succeed in the NBA becuase their games are tailor-made for college. JJ is a great shooter, maybe one of the greatest ever but he's got to add more to it then that. I know alot of people love to talk about how JJ has been taking people off the dribble alot more this year but the fact is, he's still not doing it enough and if he can't do it in college, he's not going to be able to do it in the NBA. Also, like you said VDes, will coaches leave him in the game solely for his offensive ability?

I tell you one thing though, if JJ goes to a team like the Suns then he will be lethal but I think he has to be in that kind of system to to be successful in the NBA.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-04-2006 2:47 PM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/4/2006  4:01 PM
Mike Gansey all the way

I like the look in his eyes
once a knick always a knick
edsonline
Member: #735
3/4/2006  4:15 PM
If the Spurs pick isn't needed to trade up for Hilton Armstrong, I would love to use it on Mike Gansey. Also going with Gansey as the better pro.

[Edited by - edsonline on 03-04-2006 4:16 PM]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/4/2006  4:19 PM
Redick, and its not even close. Two different levels of skill
RIP Crushalot😞
NotFrye
Member: #935
3/4/2006  6:30 PM
In related news, If we need a shooter, how about purchasing a second rounder and picking up Novak out of Marquette. Guy has size and can shoot the lights out. Was at the Marquette/Villanova game, and, if not for poor refereeing, he would've been responsible for another upset.
Ray15
Member: #668
3/4/2006  7:12 PM
Remember Trajon Langdon?
Posted by BRIGGS:

Defense and Toughness
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/4/2006  7:42 PM
I don't remember Trajan college stats but did he average 29pts per game on 50% shooting?
BRIGGS
3/4/2006  7:56 PM
Posted by Ray15:

Remember Trajon Langdon?

[quote]Posted by BRIGGS:

Of course. Not in the same ball park. JJ reminds me a lot of jeff Hornacek--JJ can get his OWN shot while Gansey[and remember i was the first one on the entire board to mention him tout him--i like him] needs others to help set up. JJ averages 30 points a game playing for Duke. He broke ACC scoring records. hes advanced his game body and mind to its peak. Mike Gansey is a good player and hes worthy of pick 28 but hes no JJ and Id rather see if we can package and move up for a defensive big OR even 2 bIGS. we have a ton of guards right now. we need shot blocking and rebounding.
RIP Crushalot😞
gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/4/2006  8:07 PM
it's very hard to find a good shotblocking/rebounding bigman thats late in the draft. Most sleepers are guards. guys like gansey, fernandez get overlooked because of size. These stiffs wind up in the D-league while guys likes Luther Head crack the rotation and make an impact. We need to seriously improve our defense but don't bank on late round rookies who won't even play under Brown. Makes good trades and use the MLE wisely to bring in some defense
McK1
Member: #964
3/4/2006  8:41 PM
gansey would've been a nice pick with the early 2nd rounder. too bad Isiah traded it to Houston for Taylor
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
BRIGGS
3/4/2006  11:23 PM
Posted by gunsnewing:

it's very hard to find a good shotblocking/rebounding bigman thats late in the draft. Most sleepers are guards. guys like gansey, fernandez get overlooked because of size. These stiffs wind up in the D-league while guys likes Luther Head crack the rotation and make an impact. We need to seriously improve our defense but don't bank on late round rookies who won't even play under Brown. Makes good trades and use the MLE wisely to bring in some defense

Id be willing to use Lee and a pick[perhaps even chicago since they liked lee--obviously not ours but theirs] if i could turn it into sheldan Williams
and move the other pick up a tad to get Josh Boone.
something like pick 28 + Lee for pick 10
pick 22 Nate and cash to Utah for pick 14

RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/4/2006  11:40 PM
gansey... I am not completely sold on reddick..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/5/2006  9:03 AM
I'm going to go with Gansey. I just don't think Reddick will be a good NBA player. He's from Duke, which means he's vastly overrated.
better nba player: reddick or gansey?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy