[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

marbury: keep him or dump him?

Author Poll
djsunyc
Member: #536
problems with teammates. continuous sulking on the court. phazing out teammats on the court. etc. i know alot of people saw the 6 game win streak and the way steph was playing and thought he finally "got it". but i disagree. he finally "got it" after isiah called him out in the press after that orlando game. he said to act "like a man in front of your wife and kids." then he got hurt. came back too soon and went back on the injured list. team was in a complete tailspin. he comes back and people are saying that his shoulder is still holding him back. then a little "pep" talk by uncle jimmy and he explodes in memphis. his bum shoulder seemed to disappear completely. and then he reverted back to his one-on-one play yesterday. in fact, i would make an argument that not having AD hurt us more than not having steph. without steph, we lost a close 4th quarter to minny followed by an overtime loss in chicago. it was only after AD went down that we got blown out all over the place. i made a ton of posts about having to remove him from the equation early in the season. alot of people were in the keep steph camp. well, the season is 2/3rd done. do you guys still believe in steph and want to keep him here?
trade steph
keep him
View Results

Author Thread
matt
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #487
USA
3/4/2006  5:25 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by DarkKnicks:

Trade Marbury or Francis, but I personally think Marbury is the better player of the two and I like his style of play more than Francis.
So I do. The only reason I would trade him instead of Francis is if there is validity to the rumors/reports of problems with teammates. Otherwise, Marbury moves/passes the ball much better and has a much better jump shot than Francis. Francis is the better rebounder, which is a nice skill to have, but it's much less of a concern than passing and jumpshooting for any backcourt member.

Marbury having problems with teammates isn't terrible in my opinion. It's better than not showing ANY emotion, afterall, nobody is playing well so I don't blame him for calling some guys out.

AUTOADVERT
KNICKSdom
Alba Posts: 8
Member: #545
USA
3/4/2006  6:50 PM
I would trade Marbury for picks and a young Vet like a Al Harrington. Really I think Marbury has worn out his welcome in his hometown, unfortunately. He is not leading this team to the playoffs like Ewing used to. He doesn't show those leadership qualities that separate him from the Kidds, Billups and Nashs of pgs. I do like Marbs but what has he done to make him a player to build around? Right now Im liking Steve Francis more than Marbury. That much I will say.
Knicks are happening and have a Unicorn.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
3/4/2006  7:34 PM
wonder if that is what isiah was thinking in getting francis
NotFrye
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #935
3/4/2006  7:43 PM
Posted by TMS:

if u want to trade him to Minny, be prepared to get back players like Jaric, Hassell & Blount (all of whom have average talent & longterm contracts)... if we could get back Ricky Davis in any package for Steph i'd do it in a heartbeat.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-04-2006 1:18 PM]

If Isiah has half a brain, which is questionable, he could get an expiring deal and prospect, or expiring and draft pick for marbs. I don't think we can ONLY get back "average talent and longterm contracts". There is no basis for suggesting that this is the only kind of deal on the table for moving marbs. If Isiah's "plan" for KG doesn't work out, we need to start jettisoning the garbage.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/4/2006  9:49 PM
try coming up w/some reasonably realistic trade candidates for Marbury... i'm willing to discuss whoever you come up with... believe me, i racked my brain looking for any & every possible trade candidate, & i couldn't come up w/any viable big expiring contracted players on teams that would be even remotely interested in takin on Steph.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/4/2006  9:53 PM
I would do Hassell, Griffin, Troy Hudson and Madsen or McCants and 2 picks for Marbury and Nate. You can cut Madsen (since we already have one open roster spot) and maybe package for an upgrade of talent at the SG or SF position (wherever Q doesn't play).
~You can't run from who you are.~
OldFan
Member: #446
3/4/2006  11:47 PM
Posted by VDesai:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Marbs. I still think he's the best player on the team, and I'm not really willing to take a bag full of **** in return for him. He still is a very talented scorer and playmaker. He may not have the best game in the world, but there aren't many PG's in the NBA that would come into this same situation and lift it any further.

And this is coming from a guy who was AGAINST bringing him here in the first place.

Your logic is correct but...

Even if Marbs can make a bad team (the Knicks) less bad. Can he make a good team a playoff winner? To my mind not unless he drastically changes his attitude and learns how to play defense. So, I don't see him ever making this team a winner - unless he changes - which is unlikely.
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/5/2006  12:23 AM
I like marbs
all kool aid all the time.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/5/2006  12:52 AM
I would trade anyone if it improves the team long term.

technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/5/2006  1:08 AM
We might want to consider whether Marbury or Francis has a chance to make the "Chauncey Billups" transformation of shoot-first guard to more efficient floor general. Maybe Francis is the better candidate.

Either way, I don't see the Knicks keeping both of 'em long term.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
tomverve
Member: #878
3/5/2006  2:02 AM
Trade Steph if it nets a good package. But it would be foolish to trade him for peanuts just for the sake of trading him.
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/5/2006  2:03 AM
Francis is the better candidate to keep b/c he seems more eager and enthusiastic out there.

Steph has that "mail it in" look alot.

Also, Francis is FAR more clutch, as evidenced tonight.

But to be honest, I'd rather just trade both. And Curry.....and Jamal.....and Q.....and Taylor.....

k, I'll stop now...
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
marbury: keep him or dump him?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy