[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

marbury: keep him or dump him?

Author Poll
djsunyc
Member: #536
problems with teammates. continuous sulking on the court. phazing out teammats on the court. etc. i know alot of people saw the 6 game win streak and the way steph was playing and thought he finally "got it". but i disagree. he finally "got it" after isiah called him out in the press after that orlando game. he said to act "like a man in front of your wife and kids." then he got hurt. came back too soon and went back on the injured list. team was in a complete tailspin. he comes back and people are saying that his shoulder is still holding him back. then a little "pep" talk by uncle jimmy and he explodes in memphis. his bum shoulder seemed to disappear completely. and then he reverted back to his one-on-one play yesterday. in fact, i would make an argument that not having AD hurt us more than not having steph. without steph, we lost a close 4th quarter to minny followed by an overtime loss in chicago. it was only after AD went down that we got blown out all over the place. i made a ton of posts about having to remove him from the equation early in the season. alot of people were in the keep steph camp. well, the season is 2/3rd done. do you guys still believe in steph and want to keep him here?
trade steph
keep him
View Results

Author Thread
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/4/2006  12:39 PM
dude, i've been right there w/u on the trade Marbury front all year... trouble is who's gonna take him? & what are we going to get for him? i knew he'd revert to his old ways after that short stretch... just like he did after KVH was traded & we all thought he'd turned the corner & become a more mature & less selfish player but showed he was still his old selfish & arrogant self w/that ridiculous "Best PG in the NBA" statement... this guy needs to go.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
3/4/2006  12:45 PM
Posted by TMS:

dude, i've been right there w/u on the trade Marbury front all year... trouble is who's gonna take him? & what are we going to get for him? i knew he'd revert to his old ways after that short stretch... just like he did after KVH was traded & we all thought he'd turned the corner & become a more mature & less selfish player but showed he was still his old selfish & arrogant self w/that ridiculous "Best PG in the NBA" statement... this guy needs to go.

anybody can get traded in this league. just don't expect too much in return. francis yielded an expiring and ariza. we don't give a crap about expiring deals so we can probably get some better players than ariza but don't expect too much.

this goes with the gladwell interview by bill simmons. let's look at this at a simple level - nj & phoenix traded him - and all that time he's been the 20 & 8 pg. and two of the better gm's moved him in thorn and colangelo. they know what they're doing. all we read about is his problems with teammates and lack of leadership.

no more excuses. he is what he is and he is not right for us. would've been a nice story about him coming back to ny but it was not meant to be.

i will say this, i would fire isiah first THEN address moving steph but steph should be moved regardless.
TMS
USA
3/4/2006  12:54 PM
i don't give him away for crap players tho, so there lies the quandry... at this point, if i have to package Jalen & Mo T's expiring deals along w/Marbury to get a player of worth along w/some solid role players who may have longterm deals, i do it, even if the player of worth comes w/question marks himself... if i could throw Marbury to DEN for KMart right now, health questions & all, i would even do that to tell u the truth... i think getting rid of him would solve alot of our chemistry problems... it won't fix everything obviously, but you have to cut the source of the pain before you can heal the wound... right now, this team is just 1 huge, gaping festering wound, & Marbury's right in the middle of it.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
3/4/2006  1:01 PM
TMS - this is a CLEAR situation of addition by subtraction. forget about what we get in return.

we're paying shandon anderson $21 mil to not play for us. we gave jerome $30 mil. trading steph for crap players wouldn't hurt us one bit. we will not be trading for headcases but we will trade for a couple of players like sacratomato did with webber.

can some steph supporters please respond and tell me why they feel he should remain on this team?
SlimPack
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1009
USA
3/4/2006  1:10 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

TMS - this is a CLEAR situation of addition by subtraction. forget about what we get in return.

we're paying shandon anderson $21 mil to not play for us. we gave jerome $30 mil. trading steph for crap players wouldn't hurt us one bit. we will not be trading for headcases but we will trade for a couple of players like sacratomato did with webber.

can some steph supporters please respond and tell me why they feel he should remain on this team?

Im not convinced of the addition by subtraction thoery in regards to steph. I think whatever bad basketball his questionable attitude cuases is outweighed by his talent. when he got injured this team turned to crap in a hurry. but then again now that we have francis it wont happen, but even he hasnt been all that great for us. Im pretty sure that at the rate things are going now, we're damned if we do and damned if we dont.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/4/2006  1:11 PM
he's good as gone from me..he may play hard on the court but he only plays for himself it seems...his attitude is horrible and he simply cannot buy into a coaches system....ship him because im tired of drama queen ****
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/4/2006  1:12 PM
maybe al harrington in a deal with ATL. or like someone said, griffin&mccants in a deal with Minny.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/4/2006  1:16 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

Djsunyc,

i was with you all the way about MArbury.. First off, it was a mistake to get him.. This dude still hasn't played defense and continue to show no leadership skills..

we need to trade him now and doesn't matter what we get for him as long as it's expiring contracts or at least get some players in return that can play defense...

MArbury is already 29 yrs of age... If we don't trade him now , it will become much more difficult as the yrs comes by.

Im sure there are some teams looking for a scoring guard as a missing piece..

Hate to say it but everywhere marburys goes, the team suck.. betcha, soon as he gets traded, knicks will be better ..

The Future. GO KNICKS!
TMS
USA
3/4/2006  1:17 PM
if u want to trade him to Minny, be prepared to get back players like Jaric, Hassell & Blount (all of whom have average talent & longterm contracts)... if we could get back Ricky Davis in any package for Steph i'd do it in a heartbeat.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-04-2006 1:18 PM]
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/4/2006  1:18 PM
Posted by jaydh:

maybe al harrington in a deal with ATL. or like someone said, griffin&mccants in a deal with Minny.

Yes. I think Minny and Atl are our only choices. I like the minny deal because I would take there first round pick as well.

Don't know if any one noticed, but during the timeout (of the play that was called for Francis when he turned it over) Marbury tried to leave the huddle early, while Brown was still designing the play and Dave Hanners grabbed Marb and pulled him back into the huddle.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
TMS
USA
3/4/2006  1:20 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by jaydh:

Yes. I think Minny and Atl are our only choices. I like the minny deal because I would take there first round pick as well.

Don't know if any one noticed, but during the timeout (of the play that was called for Francis when he turned it over) Marbury tried to leave the huddle early, while Brown was still designing the play and Dave Hanners grabbed Marb and pulled him back into the huddle.

i noticed that too... he probably got upset because the play was being written for Francis to get the ball & figured he didn't need to be involved... meanwhile, any team player would realize that he needs to know where he's supposed to be on the floor in case the 1st option gets cut off & they need to go to option #2... he's just a selfish, immature player, bottomline... it's no wonder his past teammates have all hated his guts.
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/4/2006  1:20 PM
i noticed it and i was like wtf is wrong with this guy...marbury will be a career loser until he realizes his problems
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
McK1
Member: #964
3/4/2006  1:34 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

i will say this, i would fire isiah first THEN address moving steph but steph should be moved regardless.

agree.

get Kiki
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/4/2006  2:03 PM
I'm done with Stephon Marbury. I was a big supporter up until a few weeks, I'm just sick of his attitude and primadona act. He's NEVER going to change, he's going to be a career loser for the rest of his life.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/4/2006  2:07 PM
^ Kiki is overrated.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/4/2006  2:23 PM
I guess I'm the only one who likes Marbs. I still think he's the best player on the team, and I'm not really willing to take a bag full of **** in return for him. He still is a very talented scorer and playmaker. He may not have the best game in the world, but there aren't many PG's in the NBA that would come into this same situation and lift it any further.

And this is coming from a guy who was AGAINST bringing him here in the first place.
McK1
Member: #964
3/4/2006  2:30 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

^ Kiki is overrated.

he can deal contracts.

hire someone else to work the draft. Not Isiah, he needs to be fully exorcised

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-04-2006 2:32 PM]
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
DarkKnicks
Member: #882
Spain
3/4/2006  3:42 PM
Trade Marbury or Francis, but I personally think Marbury is the better player of the two and I like his style of play more than Francis.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/4/2006  3:46 PM
Posted by DarkKnicks:

Trade Marbury or Francis, but I personally think Marbury is the better player of the two and I like his style of play more than Francis.
So I do. The only reason I would trade him instead of Francis is if there is validity to the rumors/reports of problems with teammates. Otherwise, Marbury moves/passes the ball much better and has a much better jump shot than Francis. Francis is the better rebounder, which is a nice skill to have, but it's much less of a concern than passing and jumpshooting for any backcourt member.

edsonline
Member: #735
3/4/2006  4:25 PM
YES!! Yet another trade Marbury thread!
marbury: keep him or dump him?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy