NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/6/2006  10:30 AM
Posted by FireIsiah:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by Killa4luv:

q is the single biggest dissappointment of the season. How could he suck this bad? Q should beat his self up.

Killa!!!! DId you watch last night? Outside of missed FT's Q was GREAT!! And you know I was burnin' him at the beginning of the season as much as anyone.

2 or 3 good games out of 60 is a good ratio. This guy sucks, he shoots 38% from the field for his career. I love it when he pounds his head after a made shot, maybe he should hit dumb curry a few times as well.

You gotta look passed the shooting problems. Q1 has been a team player. Never said anything when he was benched. Worked hard everyday. When he got the chance he played great D and rebounded really well. His help defense and defensive rotation is awesome. His shooting will come back.
AUTOADVERT
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/6/2006  10:33 AM
q1 was never a great shooter persay. he was a volume guy and low percentages. more shots he takes, the more he'll score. but he has to take alot of shots to put up points. so i'm not sure how valuable or reliable he would be for us offensively if his shooting does come back.

with that said, i definitely didn't know he was such a hard worker. i knew he was a good locker room and team guy but not such a tough scrapper on the court. i think we overinflate his individual defense b/c everyone is around him looks pretty bad but if there are choices on who to trade and who to keep, then you hold on to a guy like q1 b/c you know he's going to try and work hard out there. same goes for malik rose.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/6/2006  10:40 AM
sell high on Q

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/6/2006  12:14 PM
Posted by McK1:

sell high on Q

Phoenix played that stock perfectly.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/6/2006  12:19 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

q1 was never a great shooter persay. he was a volume guy and low percentages. more shots he takes, the more he'll score. but he has to take alot of shots to put up points. so i'm not sure how valuable or reliable he would be for us offensively if his shooting does come back.

with that said, i definitely didn't know he was such a hard worker. i knew he was a good locker room and team guy but not such a tough scrapper on the court. i think we overinflate his individual defense b/c everyone is around him looks pretty bad but if there are choices on who to trade and who to keep, then you hold on to a guy like q1 b/c you know he's going to try and work hard out there. same goes for malik rose.

Q1 is working so hard on a sinking ship that you would need to seriously think about not trading this guy. I don't have a problem with Malik staying on. My list of players to go are in this order...

1. Jamal Crawford
2. Nate Robinson - You need to give up something for something and he does not fit here with Steph and Steve.
3. Eddy Curry - I have given up on this high potential kid. I would rather see Jackie Butler and Channing Frye man the middle.

Let's work from there and we should have a good team. Oh, and LB sticking to a 9 man rotation would be good.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/6/2006  12:22 PM
i've liked Q since he was a Clipper... he can post up better than most G's in the NBA, & he uses his size well... he's also 1 of the few guys on this team w/any semblence of heart at tis point... the worst thing that happened to him was to play in PHO, because he fell in love w/that 3 point shot... you can see how much more aggressive he's been lately, getting his points while driving to the hole & in the post... that seems to have stimulated his perimeter shooting too... he's also playing the best defense of his career under LB... i say hold onto Q & don't sell him at an alltime low... his stock will be on the rise again.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-06-2006 12:22 PM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/6/2006  12:24 PM
Posted by TMS:

i've liked Q since he was a Clipper... he can post up better than most G's in the NBA, & he uses his size well... he's also 1 of the few guys on this team w/any semblence of heart at tis point... the worst thing that happened to him was to play in PHO, because he fell in love w/that 3 point shot... you can see how much more aggressive he's been lately, getting his points while driving to the hole & in the post... that seems to have stimulated his perimeter shooting too... he's also playing the best defense of his career under LB... i say hold onto Q & don't sell him at an alltime low... his stock will be on the rise again.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-06-2006 12:22 PM]

I agree, and his stock already is on the rise. He's been playing great lately on the offensive end which is in addition to his great play on defense pretty much all year. Theres not many guys on this team that I wouldn't mind throwing off the teamplane in midflight but Q is one of them.
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/6/2006  1:14 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by McK1:

sell high on Q

You really think so? All they got was an old, slow Kurt who's out for the season and they gave up their 1st rd pick
McK1
Member: #964
3/6/2006  1:17 PM
Posted by Bonn1997:
Posted by nyk4ever:
Posted by McK1:

sell high on Q

You really think so? All they got was an old, slow Kurt who's out for the season and they gave up their 1st rd pick

Kurt only started in place of Amare and led the team in rebounding prior to injury

also 16 million saved + moved a hefty uninsured contract.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/6/2006  1:20 PM
zeke does have a way of accumulating picks.
who could have truly predicted Q would have sucked it up to start the season?
They did it purely as a salary dump...I'm down. Q is coming out of his funk and beginning to look like the Q we traded for.

I'm happy with that trade as well.
all kool aid all the time.
LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/6/2006  1:21 PM
I heard Steph had problems with Shawn Marion & Amare Stoudemire in Phoenix and look what Phoenix has done since they shipped Steph east. And remember Steph's tenure in New Jersey? Keith Van Horn was Steph's whipping boy there and it didn't take Rod Thorne long to ship Steph West. And look what Jersey did as soon as Steph left.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/6/2006  1:47 PM
Hooked on Stephonics!
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/7/2006  8:35 AM
RV, I think he is looking better than the Q we thought we were gonna get because of his D.

BTW...Is it just me or does Steph, with all this " I still don't get it" stuff, remind anyone else of Radio w/o the heart?
~You can't run from who you are.~
Marbury/Q at it again - New York Daily News

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy