[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Marbury/Q at it again - New York Daily News
Author Thread
nyk4ever
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #848
USA
3/4/2006  11:04 AM
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/39424/20060304/marbury_qrich_at_it_again/

Marbury, QRich At It Again
4th March, 2006 - 10:30 am
New York Daily News - After the Knicks lost their sixth straight game on Friday, the New York Daily News reports that guards Stephon Marbury and Quentin Richardson were involved in a heated locker room exchange.

Last month, the Daily News reported that Richardson had to be restrained from going after Marbury the day after a loss to the Lakers. Jerome James also was heard shouting after last night's defeat.

"I just hate to lose, period," Richardson said. "But when you lose the way we lost it's even worse."

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-04-2006 11:05 AM]
"OMG - did we just go on a two-trade-wining-streak?" -SupremeCommander
AUTOADVERT
nyk4ever
USA
3/4/2006  11:06 AM
I've been one of Stephon Marbury's strongest supporters but I've had enough now. I'm tired of his primadona act, I'm tired of his no defense, I'm tired of the smug attitude towards teammates. Marbury is arguing with Quentin Richardson who has played good defense all year, all the while Stephon argues calls on the other side of the court and lets his man have open shots nor does he play any defense when he's actually on that side of the court to begin with. His time with me in NY is up. Grow up Stephon, you've been coddled all your life and you continue you to be coddled now, your the furthest thing from a leader and captain that the New York Knicks have ever seen. Sad problem is that we're stuck with this loser for the next 30000000 years.
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/4/2006  11:40 AM
Q seems to have bought in to what Brown is preaching.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/4/2006  11:43 AM
ive been supporting Q all year and im sick and tired of marbury and his BS...guy needs to grow up seriously, Q has been playin off in the beginning but he;s doing better now and he actually cares about losing
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/4/2006  11:48 AM
Posted by McK1:

Q seems to have bought in to what Brown is preaching.

Think about it, Q is one of those Blue chip players, good in HS, went to a good program at depaul with a good coach, then goes to the suns where he was a key to them winning 62 games. Q buys into winning, he will do what the team wants him to do to win games. this is why he and marbs are on opposite sides of the fence....

[Edited by - tkf on 03-04-2006 11:48 AM]
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/4/2006  11:49 AM
and why was jerome james shouting for???....food?
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/4/2006  12:01 PM
i don't know what Q is whining about.

Marbury is the "best guard in the NBA"

blah,blah,blah

When Stephon was brought in, we knew what his history dictated -- but as usual -- we applied so much spin to it,

but one thing about the truth. it remains

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
PresIke
Member: #33
USA
3/4/2006  12:23 PM
I don't want to read into this too much, but maybe Q is stepping up as the team leader? It could just be a clash of personalities though.
Forum Po Po and #33 for a reason...
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
3/4/2006  12:23 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I've been one of Stephon Marbury's strongest supporters but I've had enough now. I'm tired of his primadona act, I'm tired of his no defense, I'm tired of the smug attitude towards teammates.
completely agree. I am sick of Marbury.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/4/2006  12:35 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

i think Sweetney snuck into the Knicks' locker room during a timeout & stole his stash of Snickers bars.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Silverfuel
Member: #268
USA
3/4/2006  12:44 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

LOL, but he wasnt shouting. They said he heard the shouting.
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/4/2006  1:12 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

I've been one of Stephon Marbury's strongest supporters but I've had enough now. I'm tired of his primadona act, I'm tired of his no defense, I'm tired of the smug attitude towards teammates. Marbury is arguing with Quentin Richardson who has played good defense all year, all the while Stephon argues calls on the other side of the court and lets his man have open shots nor does he play any defense when he's actually on that side of the court to begin with. His time with me in NY is up. Grow up Stephon, you've been coddled all your life and you continue you to be coddled now, your the furthest thing from a leader and captain that the New York Knicks have ever seen. Sad problem is that we're stuck with this loser for the next 30000000 years.

Well, we have no idea what the argument was about, so to totally put the blame on Marbury is a little unfair. But, with that said, I agree that Marbury needs to go. Have been saying it since December. Move him to Minny, for McCants, Griffin, some deadweighted contracts and their first round pick. Minny is picking 11th right now and Knicks would have a lot of options with that pick.

Shelden Williams, Richard Roby, Rondo, and maybe Brewer migth all be there.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/4/2006  1:23 PM
if you had the #11 pick, would you trade it for Marbury & the potential to ruin team chemistry even further than it already is? i dunno... if KG wanted to be reunited w/Steph, & pushed for the deal, i can maybe see it happening, though i don't see us getting that pick unless it was lottery protected.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
nyk4ever
USA
3/4/2006  2:05 PM
Posted by bigbeast:
Posted by nyk4ever:

Well, we have no idea what the argument was about, so to totally put the blame on Marbury is a little unfair. But, with that said, I agree that Marbury needs to go. Have been saying it since December. Move him to Minny, for McCants, Griffin, some deadweighted contracts and their first round pick. Minny is picking 11th right now and Knicks would have a lot of options with that pick.

Shelden Williams, Richard Roby, Rondo, and maybe Brewer migth all be there.

The fact that Marbury is arguing with one of the very few guys on this team who actually tries night in and night out is the problem I have. I don't care what the fight was about, although I would bet the house that it was about Q telling Stephon to play better defense which probably ticked off Marbury becuase he's never had people tell him what to do.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-04-2006 2:06 PM]
bobs3304
Member: #948
3/4/2006  2:30 PM
Here's the thing.

A.) Yes, Marbury is a cancer on a team with ALREADY chemistry issues there.

B.) Minny would be the ideal trading partner, HOWEVER, I think it has to be a 3-way, b/c they only have certain contracts they can send over. Do we want Jaric AND Davis AND other crap?

No. So we need a 3rd team.

C.) Minny wouldnt give up talent AND a lotto pick for Marbs. They wouldnt do it for Francis either.

I think SWAPPING picks (Denver's for theirs) would be good though.

Question is, what if we want Shelden Williams, and he goes 8th. Can we swap that draft pick with ANOTHER team? How much time has to elapse before we can do that?

DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
McK1
Member: #964
3/4/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by nyk4ever:

although I would bet the house that it was about Q telling Stephon to play better defense which probably ticked off Marbury becuase he's never had people tell him what to do.

[Edited by - nyk4ever on 03-04-2006 2:06 PM]

or run the play on offense...probably both.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/4/2006  2:34 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Here's the thing.

A.) Yes, Marbury is a cancer on a team with ALREADY chemistry issues there.

B.) Minny would be the ideal trading partner, HOWEVER, I think it has to be a 3-way, b/c they only have certain contracts they can send over. Do we want Jaric AND Davis AND other crap?

No. So we need a 3rd team.

C.) Minny wouldnt give up talent AND a lotto pick for Marbs. They wouldnt do it for Francis either.

I think SWAPPING picks (Denver's for theirs) would be good though.

Question is, what if we want Shelden Williams, and he goes 8th. Can we swap that draft pick with ANOTHER team? How much time has to elapse before we can do that?

ideal would be to get #11 from minny. then package that pick AND nate for seattle's pick. a marbury to minny deal would probably require a 3rd team or may become some sort of MEGA deal with seattle getting into the picture as well.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/4/2006  2:55 PM
If we trade Marbury and the only significant player we get is Shelden, I'd be dissapointed. I think you guys are overrating him. he's strong as an ox, yes, but he very slow and mechanical. He reminds me Antonio Davis. The old one.

Id rather move up to get a guy like Tyrus Thomas who is an explosive leaper and will be one of the elit shot blockers in the league. Or Rodney Carney, Brewer or Richard Roby.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
bobs3304
Member: #948
3/4/2006  2:57 PM
Ppl are too worried about getting "fair compensation" for Steph.

I think getting his ass out of town is "fair compensation".
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/4/2006  3:00 PM
Posted by bobs3304:

Ppl are too worried about getting "fair compensation" for Steph.

I think getting his ass out of town is "fair compensation".

exactly. equal market value is bringing in another max player with similar issues. that's not what we need.
we need guys that know their role and shut their mouths.
Marbury/Q at it again - New York Daily News

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy