[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Charlie V...........
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/3/2006  10:38 AM
After reading one of the chat wraps (can't remember which ESPN reporter it was) he mentioned that Colangelo may use Charlie V to bring in a coveted Big-man. That got me thinking.

Would Toronto be interested swaping Curry for Charlie V and a contract or two for slary cap purposes.

As I've stated before, I'm a Curry supporter. But, If the Knicks find it hard to move either Marbury or Francis' contract, they might want to consider moving Curry, because I just don't think this current collection of talent is a good match for a post presence. This offense is perimeter oriented, and needs long athletes that can run, rebound, and block shots.

Charlie V can play the 4, and Frye can play the 5. Now before you pounce on your keyboards and disagree about Frye playing in the pivot, other than Shaq & Big Z, there aren't many centers Frye couldn't guard. You don't think he can guard Kritic? Plus with Fryes perimeter game (similar to Brad Miller) he would force the big centers to come out and play him which would open up the lane for Francis and Marbury to penetrate.

I would also consider swaping Toronto's picks in that trade. There lotto for the Denver pick. Use that pick to get a small forward like Carney, if possible. Even if we keep the denver pick we could still take Armsrtong or Boone.

Frye, Charlie V, Lee, Armstrong/Boone Give us the long athletes we would need to run with the backcourt. Charlie V is also an underated rebounder/shotblocker.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 03-03-2006 10:39 AM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
TymeLessKnicks
Member: #1050
Sweden
3/3/2006  10:41 AM
After reading one of the chat wraps (can't remember which ESPN reporter it was) he mentioned that Colangelo may use Charlie V to bring in a coveted Big-man. That got me thinking.

the way the guy is playing he is a coveted big man!!!!
Had enough Melo?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/3/2006  10:43 AM
I would do it, but it seems odd that Colangelo would already give up on Charlie V. given the promise he's shown this year. I'd rather have a frontline of Villanueva/Bosh manning the 4 and 5 and possibly being a bit undersized, then bringing in a boom/bust Curry.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
3/3/2006  10:59 AM
A frontline of Frye, CharlieV and Lee would be pretty awesome. Add the Knick Twins (Starbury and Franchise). Then a bench of Q1, Q2, Butler, Defensive 4/5(Hilton Armstong/Boone) would be ideal.
bigbeast

3/3/2006  11:14 AM
The more I think about it, the more I doubt Toronto pulls the trigger on this deal.
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/3/2006  11:38 AM
charlie V doesn't play like a big man, that is the problem. He plays small, like a small forward...
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
MS
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #724
3/3/2006  11:40 AM
Toronto could just take Shelden Williams with their pick and keep Villenueva it makes no sense for them to do the deal thats something our idiot ****ing gm would do, and they could save their cap space and be further set for the future....

Williams
Bosh
Villenueva
Graham
James

Another team much better than the knicks, I love all this ****ing potential talk, had we not taken Curry we would have been flexible not on the hook for a player that sucks for 10 million a year and could have just drafted another big like Aldrige or traded the pick for something perhaps with Marbury
McK1
Member: #964
3/3/2006  12:19 PM
if Splitter declares and is there, no way T-Dot passes

Splitter - Bosh - Villanueva would make Tor very formidable up front on both ends of the court.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NYKniCksFan87
Member: #700
3/3/2006  12:21 PM
Splitter??? come on now....he isnt all that nice...ive sawhim play before and he isnt anything special
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
McK1
3/3/2006  12:27 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

Splitter??? come on now....he isnt all that nice...ive sawhim play before and he isnt anything special

DEFENSE.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
NotFrye
Member: #935
3/3/2006  12:29 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

Would Toronto be interested swaping Curry for Charlie V and a contract or two for slary cap purposes.

As I've stated before, I'm a Curry supporter. But, If the Knicks find it hard to move either Marbury or Francis' contract, they might want to consider moving Curry, because I just don't think this current collection of talent is a good match for a post presence. This offense is perimeter oriented, and needs long athletes that can run, rebound, and block shots.

Charlie V can play the 4, and Frye can play the 5. Now before you pounce on your keyboards and disagree about Frye playing in the pivot, other than Shaq & Big Z, there aren't many centers Frye couldn't guard. You don't think he can guard Kritic? Plus with Fryes perimeter game (similar to Brad Miller) he would force the big centers to come out and play him which would open up the lane for Francis and Marbury to penetrate.

I would also consider swaping Toronto's picks in that trade. There lotto for the Denver pick. Use that pick to get a small forward like Carney, if possible. Even if we keep the denver pick we could still take Armsrtong or Boone.

Frye, Charlie V, Lee, Armstrong/Boone Give us the long athletes we would need to run with the backcourt. Charlie V is also an underated rebounder/shotblocker.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 03-03-2006 10:39 AM]

This almost makes too much sense for Isiah to do it. Plus, the Curry trade prevents Isiah from moving him in ANY deals without looking like a complete idiot (same with Marbury).

If we are experimenting with a marb + francis tandem, I think we need to jettison all the no-defense playing scrubs (that means you Crawford)and trade for hard-nosed defensive players and rebounding. I have no idea why Lee isn't playing big minutes for us, given his rebounding prowess, but if we can dump some salary in the process of getting back a defensive, cheap big for curry, I say do it.

I'm not sure Curry has that much value atm though, and, in any case, we will be watching (or not watching, in some cases) the same pile of crap that we are used to seeing, with perhaps an added overpriced vet for JR by next year's trade deadline.

Our management is intellectually bankrupt.

[Edited by - notfrye on 03-03-2006 12:31 PM]
McK1
3/5/2006  10:20 PM
Bosh and Villa go for a combined 42 pts 18 rebs 7 assists 5 steals and 4 blocks tonight vs Boston.
Elite
Alba Posts: 23
Member: #510

3/5/2006  10:24 PM
villa is good but too similar of apl ayer to frye.... i think CV is more of a 3 on offense but he doesent quite have the quickness to gaurd a player like marion outside
McK1
3/5/2006  10:32 PM
Villa's big enough to guard in the post on D.

Colangelo brings in the Suns philosophy, they are going to be a tough cover in the East wih him at 4 and Bosh at 5.

bigbeast

3/5/2006  10:42 PM
Your right McK1. Now that Colangelo is there, I don't see him pulling the trigger on Curry. Maybe Babcock or Embry. But with the Suns background, he may want to stick with Charlie and Bosh.

But my suggestion of Trading for Charlie V was because I see Frye having trouble covering out on the perimeter. He'd be better off guarding in the post once he bulks up. Charlie would be perfect to play alongside Frye.

Then the Knicks could move Marbury to Minny for Griffin, McCants, and ther pick, etc... use the pick and Lee to move up to. say, 5 and take the kid Noah if he comes out. Frye, Charlie V, Noah and Griffin would be a heck of a fast, athletic, interchangeable front line that would be great help defenders, block shots, and will be impossible to deal with in the open court.

Charlie V...........

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy