[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Plan Be Workin'
Author Thread
simrud
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #474
USA
3/6/2006  1:45 AM
Does anybody really care how well the team does financially, speakin of fans ofcourse. I know Dolan cares, but do we? If anything the fact that the plan is just to make mone w/out a care for winning just plain sucks.
A glimmer of hope maybe?!?
AUTOADVERT
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/6/2006  8:16 AM
Simrud - we know the plan is not to lose money

A four year tear down would make $1000. courtside seats (a holdover from the Partrick Ewing era) impossible to sell and reduce those tickets to corporate comps for celebrities who never show up.

Is it The Garden photo op?

Having said that, like me and djsunyc been sayin'.... make a final decision on the 3-4 spots and you suddenly fix the Knicks

Then they will come and they will watch
once a knick always a knick
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/6/2006  8:28 AM
watch years of mediocrity. At least being a Yankee fan I can say I follow one team that has a goal of actually winning a championship. not just filling out their $1000 courtside seats and luxury boxes.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
misterearl
USA
3/6/2006  8:00 PM
fishmike - visulize Steinbrenner with a salary cap

who would be your ideal 3-4 for the Knicks frontcourt?

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... (deep breath and pause for effect) It's LIMA time!!!!
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/6/2006  8:06 PM
Posted by misterearl:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot... (deep breath and pause for effect) It's LIMA time!!!!

c'mon now, lay off the mets...
misterearl
USA
3/6/2006  8:10 PM
Having said that, in spite of the legal consequences and personal repercussions, I feel it my community duty to share a thoughtful, high-quality, piece of writing and BOOTLEGGED analysis from a poster who I respect tremendously. tomverve.

(I promise I won't do it again tv)

tomverve 12:05PM

dj, if we were to be successful for the remainder of the season, it wouldn't change my views on what should be changed, simply because I don't have this reactionary view that we must either trade Stephon (no matter what!), fire Brown, or fire Isiah. It is premature to call for anyone's head right now IMO, no matter how much we've struggled.

I'll tell you what-- my sentiments are with kam that LB may have had the biggest hand in our letdown of a season. If we had kept Herb or brought in just about anyone else, I reckon our record would have been substantially better as the players would not have had to have adjusted to Larry's demanding, perfectionist style or his constantly flipflopping rotations and starting lineups. We likely would not have gone on those long lonely trecks through the desert of losing while the team tried to perfectly line up Larry's orthogonal angles and rebuild their hammered confidences all at once.

Nonetheless, I am by no means calling for Larry's head. A reasonable look at Brown's history shows that his teams almost always struggle to adjust to him at the outset. Success under Brown typically begins to pick up steam somewhere near halfway through the first season, and then continues to gain momentum over the next few seasons, to the point where the team is genuinely competetive in the playoffs.

OK, so it's taken us a bit longer to adjust. We've shown flashes but we've also experienced drawn out setbacks. I'm not ready to give up on a proven winner because his eventual success has taken a tad longer than expected. Learning takes time; Larry Brown takes time; taking time takes patience. "Wait and see."

Where Larry will presumably pay dividends is in the coming seasons. If his performance stays true to his track record, our team will at least be respectable next season, and may even become seriously competetive in the following seasons. That's where you see the Larry Brown effect, presumably-- Herb may have coached the Knicks to a better record in year 1, but I'm willing to bet that the Knicks circa Larry Brown year 3 will be a lot better than Herb's year 3 Knicks would have been.

Patience. Larry Brown is not a short term solution, so don't judge this team as if it is one either
misterearl
USA
3/6/2006  8:13 PM
jaydh - it wasn't intended as a diss

The Mets could be big fun this Summer.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/6/2006  8:18 PM
Posted by misterearl:

fishmike - visualize Steinbrenner with a salary cap

Exactly. I think you'd see at best a .500 team and probably a much worse team. Also, visualize the Knicks without a salary cap and them offering double any other team for guys Isiah has wanted (e.g., Kobe, Rasheed)
The Plan Be Workin'

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy