[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE: Would u trade back Curry for our #1?????

Author Poll
Elite
Member: #510

lets get the pulse of the board... would u rather have our pick back, or Eddy Curry
i'll take Eddy , and his Gigantic Upside(and appetite)
Give me back my #1!!!!!!
View Results

Author Thread
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/3/2006  10:01 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Curry seems unwilling to make the commmitment to increase his stamina and conditioning. Amare is in great shape and has worked hard...Curry hasn't.

I think he has all the talent in the world, and IMO he's got more game than he's showed us this year. When he was on the Bulls, I remember Curry showing us a variety of moves, good footwork and even a little range and touch. This year its all been about phyiscality and dunking from up close.

BTW, can we finally say that Mark Aguirre is horribly overrated as a post up offense coach? Sweetney showed more moves at G'Town than he ever showed here. Curry regressed. Nazr made some improvements, but they didn't necessarily make him a more effective player. He's sure as hell not teaching these big men defense.

Yeah I've never understood why people think Aguirre is some kind of great big man coach. For some reason it's been taken as fact that all young big men need is some tutoring with Aguirre and they'll be all stars. Based on what exactly?
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/3/2006  10:03 AM
He supposedly helped J O' Neal out a little in Indy, but I think the Aguirre thing has been a great PR campaign for Isiah's buddy.

djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/3/2006  10:05 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by VDesai:

Curry seems unwilling to make the commmitment to increase his stamina and conditioning. Amare is in great shape and has worked hard...Curry hasn't.

I think he has all the talent in the world, and IMO he's got more game than he's showed us this year. When he was on the Bulls, I remember Curry showing us a variety of moves, good footwork and even a little range and touch. This year its all been about phyiscality and dunking from up close.

BTW, can we finally say that Mark Aguirre is horribly overrated as a post up offense coach? Sweetney showed more moves at G'Town than he ever showed here. Curry regressed. Nazr made some improvements, but they didn't necessarily make him a more effective player. He's sure as hell not teaching these big men defense.

Yeah I've never understood why people think Aguirre is some kind of great big man coach. For some reason it's been taken as fact that all young big men need is some tutoring with Aguirre and they'll be all stars. Based on what exactly?

jermaine o'neal gave full credit to aguirre in developing him. and sweets, sans the weight issues, did have a very good post game as well. so i think he does have some nice references. i just think it will take eddy a long time to figure stuff out. hopefully he does.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/3/2006  10:26 AM
From watching Sweetney a ton in college, I have to say I didn't see any improvement in his post game in NY. In fact he had a wider array of moves in college. But then again, he was never used a top scoring option here and didn't have that many plays run for him, despite his status as a lottery pick. I would not give Aguirre any credit for him.

Nazr had zero moves before Aguirre came a long, so he did learn something. Unfortunately his moves were very mechanical, and overall, his production didn't increase a ton. In fact he started bogging down the offense a little bit with his slow to develop O.

[Edited by - VDesai on 03-03-2006 10:27 AM]
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/3/2006  10:30 AM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by OasisBU:

Right now I say keep Curry - look Chicago misses him and if we lose him we will too. He isnt Shaq so stop expecting him to be.

Outisde of that - shouldnt it be our #1's since we gave up next years too? Or does that nto count since its just a swap?

We're all quite aware of the swap in 07 that will most likely come back to bite us in the ass in a big way but I think the point of this thread was to see if people would prefer our #1 pick this year instead of Curry with the stipulation that the trade overall was a complete joke in terms of what we gave up.

So if Curry starts paying dividends over the next 2 seasons you would still have that opinion? I think a lot of whats going on has something to do with the chemistry/environment that Isiah, LB and Marbury have created. You can place the blame wherever you want. Sure Curry hasnt lived up to the expectations - but sometimes expectations are too high to live up to. He is a decent player, he is a big man that this team seriously needed, you cant draft a guy of this size/skill without having a lotto pick - and probably a top 1-3 pick at that.

Isiah gave away far too much - yes I agree with that - he shouldnt have thrown the swap in for next season. However he also could not have forseen the mess that LB and Steph would create that has lead to this team giving up on the court. If we were a middle of the pack team that wasnt going to be a high lotto or lotto pick at all, would people still be complaining?

I find it funny how a lot of this board was all gung ho about Q coming and and the exit of KT, LB getting signed, and then the addition of Curry - people thought the stars were aligned and Isiah should be voted GM of the year. Now that it hasnt worked out everyone wants to run him out of the state. I am not defending him, I am just saying there is more then enough blame to go around - but everyone knows that.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/3/2006  10:42 AM
Its the story of our team. We have a lot of talented players that could be great if they worked hard up to their potential, but none have made significant improvement this season, heck, even some of them have regresed into having no value.

Many talk about giving Curry next season to show his value and others point out that in the offseason players improve their games. Well, in many years Curry has had those chances and still is lost in the NBA. He is all potential and he doesn't really seems interested in making that potential real. So why not take the pick back? Of course I would like this to happen since with the talented Mr. Curry we are the worst team in the NBA. Every trade Isiah has made has backfired, so I'd probably undo all of them. And yeah, I knos that would mean not having some of the rookies. But if the right GM had come to our situation with a plan back then, I think right now we would be in the second phase of a real rebuilding period. This is not rebuilding, this is a whole mess...
Knicks_Fan
McK1
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #964
3/3/2006  10:45 AM
Isiah knows Oden. I believe he and Isiah's son played on the same AAU squad. Maybe Isiah has knowledge about when he is coming out. Problem is even if Zeke dodges the bullet in 07, the Knicks still owe Utah a pick via Phonix for the Marbury trade due before 2010.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Knicksfan
Alba Posts: 27
Member: #691
USA
3/3/2006  10:48 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Are you ****in kidding me! Curry is only 26 and averaging 14 & 6. In another 4yrs he's going to average 29 & 13. Come on name me one ****in draft pick who's got that kinda of upside?

Wow, 29 & 13? Please, wasn't he supposed to average 20 & 10 this year? Its all potential at this point, and look at how great it has worked out for us. Ah, and Crawford can be the next MJ too, because he can score 40+ in games, right? I WISH he could average that in the future, but his future is already now, and Curry has only proved that he has no idea how to play this game correctly, how to exploit his potential and become a real dominant player in this league. Right now thats all he is: a guy that is a veteran already in the NBA that is a 14 & 6 dissappearing act that COULD someday average dominant numbers.

I don't know much about this year's top players, but if any of them has half the upside of Curry, but twice his determination and will, he will become a better player than him...
Knicks_Fan
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/3/2006  11:13 AM
Several peole have mentioned, espeicially after watching Eddy in person - he looks like a gyy who doesn't and maybe never did love playing basketball. He looks like a guy who plays because he was so big that everyone forced him onto the court. His entire game is that of a person who's a foot taller than anyone else on the court. I'll stand under the basket - you throw me the ball higher than where anyone else can catch it. I'll put it in the basket.

Little else is apparent from him. I'm sure there's an entire complicated inner world of being Eddy Curry, just like there is for everyone. But we're here to pick up on what a guy shows on the court. To me, that's what he shows.
edsonline
Member: #735
3/3/2006  1:52 PM
You do realize that neither team would have any interest in doing this.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/4/2006  1:06 PM
I wasn't too fond of the Curry deal cause of his lack of fire, laziness, bad heart and giving up the unprotected pick..

Bottom line, you still have to consider that he's only 22 yrs of age and has time to grow..

Hopefully under Larry Brown, Curry will improve his rebounding, post-up moves and most importantly, his defense..

Currently in the NBA, the Big 6'11 , 7 footers weighing 275 to 285 pds are becoming extinct..

We haven;t had a franchise big men that can post-up or come big in the 4th quarter since PAtrick Ewing/ Larry Johnson..

Knicks fans such as myself had hoped that giving up our unprotected pick for Curry pays dividends in the long run..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
SlimPack
Member: #1009
USA
3/4/2006  1:15 PM
Im sorry but, even though I dont know exactly how weak this draft is going to be Im having a hard time beleiving that the top pick from the upcoming draft will be worse than curry, curry is just like his budddy crawford, he has alot of potential but thus far theres just no logical reason to assume that he would ever realize it.
and the bulls dont appear to miss him either

http://www.insidehoops.com/skiles-interview-030306.shtml

I hate to say it, but the curry trade was a laydenesque move.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/4/2006  1:21 PM
NEW YORK — Eddy Curry is a chameleon in high-tops.

By MIKE DOUGHERTY
mdougher@lohud.com
THE JOURNAL NEWS

Every once in a while, the developing big man gets loose under the rim and puts on a show. The potential is obvious. But despite all of that promise, he's often blending into the background.

"Sometimes it's hard to tell, but I feel like I'm definitely getting better," Curry said. "I'm learning more than I've ever learned. Now it's just a matter of time before I can incorporate that into what I'm doing on the court."

There is some concern because Knicks president Isiah Thomas gave up a first-round pick to land a young player he still considers a cornerstone. It's since become a lottery choice, so the Bulls might be walking away with a prospect like Rudy Gay, Adam Morrison, LaMarcus Aldridge or Andrea Bargnani on draft night.

Until the season got away, the move didn't spark much debate.

"He's still 22," Knicks coach Larry Brown said. "He's going to get better. Scoring the ball in the low block and running the floor are fine, but we need him to continually try to get better as a rebounder and shot blocker and defensive force."
Curry had a few noteworthy moments during last night's 108-101 loss to the Bulls at Madison Square Garden. There were critical mistakes, too. He got called for a three-second violation and missed a dunk in the final minutes.

"He has so much potential," Malik Rose said recently. "Sometimes he doesn't realize that we go as he goes. He's such a nice kid. I wish I could slap him before each quarter. He has to get some type of edge, some type of fire."

Curry finished with 11 points and seven rebounds against his former team.

in my opinion,
knick fans must be hopeful or just PRAY!!!

[Edited by - woodmannyk on 03-04-2006 1:23 PM]

[Edited by - woodmannyk on 03-04-2006 1:24 PM]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
rvhoss
Member: #777
Switzerland
3/5/2006  8:33 AM
patience...any pick won't play under brown...eddy is.
all kool aid all the time.
nykbasketball
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #862
USA
3/5/2006  9:29 AM
After the game against milwaukee
HELL NO- GIVE ME CURRY
20+11 is great numbers
What's Defense?
bernard
Member: #475
3/5/2006  10:41 AM
I'd take the pick. That's w/ full benefit of hindsight, tho. Thought this was a good trade when we made it. Knew it was a risk, but thought it was one worth taking. You have to take risks to land a franchise center. And Curry still has the potential to be one. But this risk doesn't look like it'll pay off to me. Curry's just too goddamned dumb. I cannot excuse all his offensive fouls and 3 second violations. Just doesn't think out there, and doesn't learn from his mistakes. It's heartbreaking!
Solace
Alba Posts: 20
Member: #479
USA
3/5/2006  3:24 PM
Eddy Curry will average 73 ppg and 41 rpg next season. He has upside.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
3/5/2006  5:40 PM
gunsnewing - Curry is only 23

Jackie Butler is 20

David Lee will work on his game this Summer

Either Josh Boone or Hilton Armstrong will be in orange and blue next season

We stil have the scoring sex machine Qyntel Woods

Quentin is re-discovering his lost game

The future is bright as hell
once a knick always a knick
misterearl
USA
3/5/2006  5:41 PM
>>He's a smart player that plays hard.

realhiphop - how did Morrison earn your "smart" label?

just curious
misterearl
USA
3/5/2006  5:43 PM
bernard - can you spell Sam Bowie?
VOTE: Would u trade back Curry for our #1?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy