[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

VOTE: Would u trade back Curry for our #1?????

Author Poll
Elite
Member: #510

lets get the pulse of the board... would u rather have our pick back, or Eddy Curry
i'll take Eddy , and his Gigantic Upside(and appetite)
Give me back my #1!!!!!!
View Results

Author Thread
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/2/2006  8:30 PM
I want next year's number 1 back (the Bulls have the right to switch positions).
AUTOADVERT
eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/2/2006  8:53 PM
Posted by Rich:

I want next year's number 1 back (the Bulls have the right to switch positions).

I've been wondering if maybe there was a clause that voided next year's swap if this year's pick was lottery or top 3. I doubt it but, hey - one can hope...
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
tkf
Member: #87
3/2/2006  8:56 PM
Posted by NYKfan1:

i want the number 1, imagine if we had channing and aldridge together.

imagine if Aldridge turns out to be like his predecessor chrich mihm..

I have a funny feeling that Hilton armstrong may be one of the better players in this draft..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Member: #87
3/2/2006  8:59 PM
Posted by oohah:
If I had the number 1 pick, Id take Adam Morrison, no questions asked and stick him in at the 2guard and rotate Marbury Francis and Morrison

Morrison can't guard ANYONE at the 2 at the NBA level. He is a nice, tall small forward, and that is the position he should play in the NBA.

oohah

I think people are going to be dissapointed with morrison at the pro level, the guys plays worse D than crawford, stick him at the two and the opposing two guard gets a max contract after the game....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/2/2006  9:16 PM
Peja doesn't play any defense and he's had a decent career. I'm not saying that Morrison will be a great player or have the career that Peja has had but I don't know why he can't be a solid pro.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
nyballer
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #108
USA
3/2/2006  9:47 PM
I'd take the #1. Chances are we get a top 4 pick - we can take morrison, gay, aldrige, or carney.
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/2/2006  9:48 PM
Posted by islesfan:

Peja doesn't play any defense and he's had a decent career. I'm not saying that Morrison will be a great player or have the career that Peja has had but I don't know why he can't be a solid pro.

Wait until he gets to the NBA. He's going to be a nightmare to guard and while he wont be confused with Ron Artest on the D, he's very smart and plays a good brand of team D. The guy is in perpetual motion--very much like Miller and Hamilton--hes stronger than those guys and just as mean. He needs to expand his passing game and I think he will do that. Peja is a tad taller but Morrison is much more mobile.
RIP Crushalot😞
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/2/2006  10:54 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by islesfan:

Wait until he gets to the NBA. He's going to be a nightmare to guard and while he wont be confused with Ron Artest on the D, he's very smart and plays a good brand of team D. The guy is in perpetual motion--very much like Miller and Hamilton--hes stronger than those guys and just as mean. He needs to expand his passing game and I think he will do that. Peja is a tad taller but Morrison is much more mobile.

yeah right...

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2006  11:09 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by islesfan:

yeah right...

hol, I appreciate you coming to the site and all, but no need to add a post like this. If you disagree, state it and state why. You add nothing at all to the conversation with posts like the above. Nothing - it's a waste of space and (your) time.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/3/2006  12:12 AM
Posted by martin:
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by islesfan:

yeah right...

hol, I appreciate you coming to the site and all, but no need to add a post like this. If you disagree, state it and state why. You add nothing at all to the conversation with posts like the above. Nothing - it's a waste of space and (your) time.

Dude, If you look at the body of my posts, you will see that most almost always they are thought out with reason behind my point of view....Yeah, right is an expression that signals disagreement without the need to get into full arguement about that particular topic....yeah it might just well be a waste of space but certainly now a waste of my time....

How about that for disagreeing with you, stating it and my reason why...

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/3/2006  6:05 AM
Are you ****in kidding me! Curry is only 26 and averaging 14 & 6. In another 4yrs he's going to average 29 & 13. Come on name me one ****in draft pick who's got that kinda of upside?
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/3/2006  7:07 AM
Posted by oohah:

I voted for the Number One. He has the most potential out of any of the young big men in the league except maybe Yao Ming or perhaps Howard, but guys like him just annoy me.

oohah
my sentiments exactly

fishmike

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/3/2006  8:12 AM
I'd definitely take Morrison over Curry. I think Morrison is gonna be a Chris Mullin style player on the NBA level.
realhiphop
Member: #533
3/3/2006  9:01 AM
While there are knocks on Morrison, I'd much rather base my team on a guy with his intangibles. He's a smart player that plays hard.
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/3/2006  9:13 AM
Right now I say keep Curry - look Chicago misses him and if we lose him we will too. He isnt Shaq so stop expecting him to be.

Outisde of that - shouldnt it be our #1's since we gave up next years too? Or does that nto count since its just a swap?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/3/2006  9:20 AM
Posted by OasisBU:

Right now I say keep Curry - look Chicago misses him and if we lose him we will too. He isnt Shaq so stop expecting him to be.

Outisde of that - shouldnt it be our #1's since we gave up next years too? Or does that nto count since its just a swap?

We're all quite aware of the swap in 07 that will most likely come back to bite us in the ass in a big way but I think the point of this thread was to see if people would prefer our #1 pick this year instead of Curry with the stipulation that the trade overall was a complete joke in terms of what we gave up.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
3/3/2006  9:38 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

Are you ****in kidding me! Curry is only 26 and averaging 14 & 6. In another 4yrs he's going to average 29 & 13. Come on name me one ****in draft pick who's got that kinda of upside?

Well, he's 23 (24 in December) and averaging 13.6/6.2. Oh yeah, and his assists have dropped for the past 3 seasons from .9 to .6 to .3... (his steals are up, though!)

Frye's numbers are pretty similar, as are Villanueva's...

The big deal about Curry is how he scores his points--- all in the paint, all through power. He's also the king of offensive fouls. He probably has the highest ratio of offensive vs defensive fouls in the NBA... and he's also probably one of the quietest second half players in the NBA.

I sincerely hope he gets better... but there are no guarantees. There are legions of 7 footers with great physiques that don't really amount to anything consistently (think of the enigmatic Benoit Benjamin)... with regular flashes of brilliance, but rarely putting a whole game together.

With a backcourt of 3 shoot-first guards (and Q-Rich out there), I'd be worried about him ever getting the ball consistently enough.

Maybe... I mean maybe if you transplant Curry into a system w/ a Steve Nash-type at PG under D'Antoni's moving system... he'd be capable of Amare Stoudemire-type numbers. I think that's the hope everyone has. 13.5ppg - 20.6 - 26.0... that's the type of improvement everyone would have hoped Curry would make every season. And Stoudemire's more or less the same age (like 1 month older than Curry). This is already Curry's 5th NBA season--- he's still young, but he's already a veteran. It's not about adjustment to the NBA lifestyle anymore.

“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
MS
Member: #724
3/3/2006  9:51 AM
Seriously where is the upside to Curry, he has been in shape one season out of five, because he wanted to cash in and get a new contract, the bulls couldn't wait to get rid of him, the kid doesn't love or respect the game and is one of the most brain dead players in the NBA which is saying a lot....

Can't rebound, defend or bloack shots consistently, picks up stupid fouls, and doesn't have a killer instinct thats some upside
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/3/2006  9:52 AM
Curry seems unwilling to make the commmitment to increase his stamina and conditioning. Amare is in great shape and has worked hard...Curry hasn't.

I think he has all the talent in the world, and IMO he's got more game than he's showed us this year. When he was on the Bulls, I remember Curry showing us a variety of moves, good footwork and even a little range and touch. This year its all been about phyiscality and dunking from up close.

BTW, can we finally say that Mark Aguirre is horribly overrated as a post up offense coach? Sweetney showed more moves at G'Town than he ever showed here. Curry regressed. Nazr made some improvements, but they didn't necessarily make him a more effective player. He's sure as hell not teaching these big men defense.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/3/2006  10:00 AM
Posted by VDesai:

Curry seems unwilling to make the commmitment to increase his stamina and conditioning. Amare is in great shape and has worked hard...Curry hasn't.

I think he has all the talent in the world, and IMO he's got more game than he's showed us this year. When he was on the Bulls, I remember Curry showing us a variety of moves, good footwork and even a little range and touch. This year its all been about phyiscality and dunking from up close.

BTW, can we finally say that Mark Aguirre is horribly overrated as a post up offense coach? Sweetney showed more moves at G'Town than he ever showed here. Curry regressed. Nazr made some improvements, but they didn't necessarily make him a more effective player. He's sure as hell not teaching these big men defense.

I'd had to say that I have had no coaching experience so that following may be waaay off:

- coaching offense is like teaching the mechanics over and over and over. Show the angles. Teach going both ways. Give the player 2 and 3 options for different situations. From there the player just practices those same things over and over until they become automatic instead of thinking.

- playing defense is similar but there is an added element of split-second recognition that only the player can be the judge of. The coach can show you how a majority of things unroll but the player HAS to use the head more than on offense.

And than there is the effort thing. Most guys just automatically put in a better energy on O than on D. ESPN, highlights, commercials, AND1. Thems the truth.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
VOTE: Would u trade back Curry for our #1?????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy