Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/2/2006  9:44 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by joec32033:

lol...oh yeah...at least he wasn't from Utah though....I will always remember him for passing up a front court Amare, Nene, and Camby

I would remember him for trying to get Toronto to do a Kurt Thomas for Cris Bosh trade straight up and could not understand why the Raptors said no....

KT is just to dmn good...Toronto knew they would be raping us. And the league couldn't let that happen so they told Toronto to say no.
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/2/2006  9:54 PM
Who can forget the "Postell for All-Star" threads. They were priceless.

And who can forget the man Rick Pitino signed for 27 million -- Travis "lonely" Knight
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
OldFan
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #446
3/2/2006  10:13 PM
Posted by tkf:

when layden left, we had, an injured former star, and our young talent was macej Lampe, frank williams and sweetney..

If IT leaves today, the knicks have

Frye
Lee
Q woods
Butler
Nate
Francis
Marbury
curry
2 first round pick(mid to late picks)

that is much better talent, younger talent, you could still as a new GM work with that.

So far we have enough talent to win 17 games. Which is less then anyone in the league. So unless they turn it around the "talent" don't mean anything.

PS - Does anyone ever consider defense a talent? Because from that prospective we have no talent.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/2/2006  11:12 PM
Posted by tkf:

when layden left, we had, an injured former star, and our young talent was macej Lampe, frank williams and sweetney..

Frye
Lee
Q woods
Butler
Nate
Francis
Marbury
curry

that is much better talent, younger talent, you could still as a new GM work with that.

Great, 3 overpaid and underachieving losers who are untradeable until they're in the last year of their contracts, a bunch of bench players and Frye who we could have drafted regardless.

I'd rather have the top lottery picks that we gave up in 2004, 2006, 2007 and probably in 2010 than any of those stiffs.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/2/2006  11:17 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by martin:
Posted by misterearl:

>>So, what are you saying?

Keep The Faith

membership has its rewards

I feel the same way.... but no hot chocolate for me, striaght for the ankle holding

haha, tell that to DJ... his season ticketholder membership is SUCKING right now

here's what it's been like the past few weeks going to games:

- meet up with friends outside the garden
- pick up a hot chocolate at the dunkin donuts downstairs
- walk back upstairs and see brandon tierney doing his pregame
- walk into the garden's main entrance
- give the guy my ticket
- walk through turnstyle
- put down my hot chocolate
- bend over and grab my ankles
- 2 1/2 hours later, leave the game
- come home
- read posts on ultimateknicks.com
- turn off the light
- cry

i feel the same way but no hot chocolate, i just grab my ankles

[Edited by - woodmannyk on 03-02-2006 11:19 PM]
The Future. GO KNICKS!
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/2/2006  11:41 PM
Posted by holfresh:
Posted by joec32033:
Posted by holfresh:

Basically, name one thing that this guy did right...just one...Let's not talk about the picks he traded away as well....Thats another thread in itself....

he didn't resign chris Childs?

True, but he did trade for Mark Jackson who was in the second year of a hefty 4 yr contract
at a very advanced age....I remember where I was when I heard that trade announce...My heart stopped....

that trade was a joke, espeically since he threw in a first round pick!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/2/2006  11:45 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by tkf:

Frye
Lee
Q woods
Butler
Nate
Francis
Marbury
curry

Great, 3 overpaid and underachieving losers who are untradeable until they're in the last year of their contracts, a bunch of bench players and Frye who we could have drafted regardless.

I'd rather have the top lottery picks that we gave up in 2004, 2006, 2007 and probably in 2010 than any of those stiffs.

layden would never have drafted frye, or lee or signed butler, I don't know what you are talking about. layden probably would of drafted frye alright.... for another team, after he traded the rights to frye for Alan Henderson... A high IQ, quality guy....

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bigpimpin
USA
3/3/2006  9:00 AM
no one even cared to answer the questions of how we seem to have more talent, better coach, and a better GM but fewer wins

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/3/2006  9:06 AM
Posted by bigpimpin:

no one even cared to answer the questions of how we seem to have more talent, better coach, and a better GM but fewer wins

our team is much younger than in the layden years(i think the avg age was around 30-31) and are still learning. we have more talent now, but much less defense than before.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/3/2006  9:06 AM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by martin:
Posted by misterearl:

>>So, what are you saying?

Keep The Faith

membership has its rewards

haha, tell that to DJ... his season ticketholder membership is SUCKING right now

here's what it's been like the past few weeks going to games:

- meet up with friends outside the garden
- pick up a hot chocolate at the dunkin donuts downstairs
- walk back upstairs and see brandon tierney doing his pregame
- walk into the garden's main entrance
- give the guy my ticket
- walk through turnstyle
- put down my hot chocolate
- bend over and grab my ankles
- 2 1/2 hours later, leave the game
- come home
- read posts on ultimateknicks.com
- turn off the light
- cry

Dude!!

EVERYONE knows they pee into the hot chocolate at the Dunkin Dnuts at the Garden!!!!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2006  9:24 AM
IF we extropolate the present into the future, then Layden never would have resigned SPoon, Eiesley, etc and kept starphucking.

If we think along those lines then Our payroll will continue to swell and we will continue to be a depository of large contracts of players not having there numbers retired. And we will continue to over pay and ALSO trade away our picks UNPROTECTED.

Layden was here only 2.5 years. The same time Isiah has had. Both Had 4 year contracts.

The question is what were the knicks plans?

If we closed the book on Isiah right now as Laydens book was closed, then one must examine Isiahs record after 44 roster changes, 4 coaching changes and jacking the payroll up.

He hired the best coach in the NBA and we have the worst record.

We are younger and more talented but if you froze this roster in time, like we do with Laydens roster, can we really be all that optomistic?

This is a disaster of a different proportion.

We can look forward to Perhaps 30 year old KG but if we go in that direction, its similar to what Layden was doing with Dice and the win now philosphy.

It may work this time, but if KG gets chronic ailment, we are so phuched again.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

As far as Im concerned, there really is no change in Knick thinking. Just different personel making changes along the same lines as ever. Look at the 1979 squad. A fantastic collection of names and talent.

Records speak louder than words. Isiahs is far worse than Laydens for what ever the reason and circumstances. Until that changes, no matter how younger and talented we got after a 40 millon dollar increase in payroll, it does not really matter until the wins increase.

As far as blame is concerned, that game went out the window a long time ago.

We such now because of the current roster composition. When that gets corrected, so will the results. I don't care whose fault it is.

Funny, the only management changes this year has been the numbers guy who was forced into early retirement and Anucha. The garden is a sick place.
bigpimpin
USA
3/3/2006  9:35 AM
someone please, please frame Nalod's post.

And circle the part where he states, "this is a disaster of a different proportion"

When you seemingly have gotten the better talent, the greater coach, more draft picks,

but you have an even higher payroll and fewer wins

then yes, Layden -- with lesser talent, a worser coach, lesser draft picks and even a lesser payroll can smile

And when Scott Layden can smile then it does not speak well of the job Isiah Thomas has done

MsBklynStyle
Member: #1080
USA
3/3/2006  9:41 AM
Layden shouldn't be smiling, he can't be a GM in this league, unless he takes over the Jazz again. Which would be basically a hook up due to the influence from his dad. The same thing will happen to Isiah, once his career is over in NY he won't ever be a GM again. When you fail in NY you basically place a black eye on your resume. Ernie Grunfeld has a job as a GM because he actually knew what he was doing, can't say the same for the last two idiots we hired since.
You Play To Win The Game-Herman Edwards
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/3/2006  1:37 PM
I'm still optimstic about this team and it's players...You can't deny the talent we have here along with a damn good coach....This whole thing turns around if Curry gets it in the offseason...The offense being runs through the big man in the post....Curry is not ready for that assignment yet...If this guys works out over the summer and make better decisions in the post, you can see a different team next year....

[Edited by - holfresh on 03-03-2006 1:40 PM]
edsonline
Member: #735
3/3/2006  1:48 PM
OMG! Some one is trying to say good things about Layden. Take a break from watching all of this bad Knicks' basketball dude. It is clearly warping your brain.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2006  2:00 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:

someone please, please frame Nalod's post.

And circle the part where he states, "this is a disaster of a different proportion"

When you seemingly have gotten the better talent, the greater coach, more draft picks,

but you have an even higher payroll and fewer wins

then yes, Layden -- with lesser talent, a worser coach, lesser draft picks and even a lesser payroll can smile

And when Scott Layden can smile then it does not speak well of the job Isiah Thomas has done

If Scotty is smiling, then we a frowning!

Swishfm3
Member: #392
3/3/2006  2:30 PM
noticing the trend between Layden and Thomas maybe the real problem is Dolan
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/3/2006  8:45 PM
Posted by NYKBocker:

Looks like a serial killer.
https:// It's not so hard.
bigpimpin
USA
3/3/2006  10:30 PM
Posted by edsonline:

OMG! Some one is trying to say good things about Layden. Take a break from watching all of this bad Knicks' basketball dude. It is clearly warping your brain.

Your brain is warped if you see good things in a 17-win team.

dude
MX25
Member: #555
USA
3/4/2006  6:15 AM
Posted by misterearl:

tkf - Isiah's roster will be trimmed and manicured in the off season

Summer League will reveal one raw prospect worth keeping

Larry's Wheel of Fortune lineups will cease to exist as we know them.

Frye, Lee, Jackie and Qyntel will be a year wiser.

Isiah will draft well with the two picks.

Life am good

It's always next off season. Next off season Isiah will get team on track. Then the year after it's same thing. Going into last off season everyone was so excited. 05 Off season was supposed to be the big one. Penny and Thomas contracts - 3 1st rounders. Isiah said he needed 2 off seasons to retool the team and most (not me) believed him. And then we got Curry and i had to read all the posts about takin the division and going to 2nd round. And now it's March 4 and we have 15 big wins. Isiah has helped 2 east teams get salary cap relief and will be giving another east team the #1 pick in draft. By time we get to be a .500 win team (maybe by year 2009) we will have helped most teams get better than us.

Somewhere -- Layden is smiling

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy