[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Somewhere -- Layden is smiling
Author Thread
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/2/2006  3:44 PM
I would have never imagined the day Layden was fired and Isiah hired that the Knicks would be battling an expansion team for worse record in the NBA.

so now, I have to look at this thing as it really is.

I can no longer be "mesmerized" by the sugar-coating or the name brand players that have been brought into New York.

i cannot allow my "common sense" that Larry brown is an excellent coach to play a part in my decision.

i hated Layden for his mindboggling interviews, his lack of a "true" plan, for his signings of dead weight.

the cap problems

but then i realized this -- Layden teams had a better record, less talent, and the lack of a proven coach.

Now how is that?
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  3:51 PM
anyone who drafted Mike Sweetney over Josh Howard, signed Howard Eisley, Clarence Weatherspoon & Shandon Anderson to longterm deals, & traded Marcus Camby & a lottery pick with which he had the opportunity to draft Amare Stoudamire for a gimpy Antonio McDyess should never be allowed to smile...

ever.

[Edited by - TMS on 03-02-2006 3:53 PM]
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/2/2006  3:53 PM
Well yeah, isn't he still getting paid by the Knicks?
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/2/2006  3:53 PM
Posted by TMS:

anyone who drafted Slavko Vranes, signed Howard Eisley, Clarence Weatherspoon & Shandon Anderson to longterm deals, & traded Marcus Camby & a lottery pick with which he had the opportunity to draft Amare Stoudamire for a gimpy Antonio McDyess should never be allowed to smile...

ever.

LoL!!!!!! That has to be the post that basically sums it all up under Layden. You just made my day.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  3:58 PM
Posted by TMS:

anyone who drafted Mike Sweetney over Josh Howard, signed Howard Eisley, Clarence Weatherspoon & Shandon Anderson to longterm deals, & traded Marcus Camby & a lottery pick with which he had the opportunity to draft Amare Stoudamire for a gimpy Antonio McDyess should never be allowed to smile...

ever.

You can look back at every draft in the History of the NBA and make better draft picks. So i can't condemn Layden for that.

And, Josh Howard wasn't a need for the team. A inside player was. So please stop with that nonsense.

Eisley, Anderson and Weatherspoon were horrible -- but Jerome James takes the cake. Say it doesn't. And Malik Rose and Tim Thomas wasn't exactly a "gem".

If I recall, Camby was one of the most hated players in New York -- at the time, because "y'all" said he was fragile. And I'm sure Layden would draft Amare NOW, if he could go back LIKE YOU ARE DOING!

The Knicks haven't even won 20 games.

"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
Erniecat
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #851
3/2/2006  4:05 PM
Layden created a huge mess. Isiah has simply continued the trend. The names are flashier now (Marbury, Francis, Jalen), but our future is bleaker than ever. Until we get real management in here, we will suck for years and years.
TMS
USA
3/2/2006  4:06 PM
Josh Howard wasn't a need for the team. A inside player was.

we had 4 undersized PF's on the roster & what does he do? drafts another undersized PF... please, try again... if he had to trade the pick to get more depth for the team, he should've done so... don't try to reason to me that Mike Sweetney was the best choice for this team... i said it on draft day that i wish they'd taken Jarvis Hayes... now if i want to look back now, sure i take Josh Howard, but don't tell me he wasn't a need... who did we have at SF at the time? an aging Latrell Sprewell who's contract was about to expire in a year's time along w/his brilliant signing, Shandon? you sure we couldn't have used a talented SF at the time? i beg to differ.

as for JJ, it ranks right up there w/Laydumb's awful signings... i've blasted the JJ signing more than anyone else on this forum, so don't worry about using that as justification to me... Isiah's idiocy is not what we're discussing here.

as for Camby, i don't care if he was hated or not... you don't trade away your starting C & a #7 pick for a guy w/Dice's knee issues... how would you guys feel if Isiah traded the lottery pick last year (Frye) along w/KT for KMart coming off his knee surgery? yeah, i thought so.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/2/2006  4:07 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by TMS:

ever.

You can look back at every draft in the History of the NBA and make better draft picks. So i can't condemn Layden for that.

And, Josh Howard wasn't a need for the team. A inside player was. So please stop with that nonsense.

Eisley, Anderson and Weatherspoon were horrible -- but Jerome James takes the cake. Say it doesn't. And Malik Rose and Tim Thomas wasn't exactly a "gem".

If I recall, Camby was one of the most hated players in New York -- at the time, because "y'all" said he was fragile. And I'm sure Layden would draft Amare NOW, if he could go back LIKE YOU ARE DOING!

The Knicks haven't even won 20 games.

of course you can, thats crap. name 1 player layden drafted for us that panned out.

btw, i dont remember camby being hated.

[Edited by - jaydh on 03-02-2006 4:07 PM]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  4:07 PM
About everyone passed over Josh Howard!

Jerome?
Vin?
Penny?

Isiah has that, and this is the worst team in 42 years!

Layden sucked, but Isiah has taken it to a whole new level.

I do think it will be ok though. I thought if layden was allowed to clean it up, it might have progressed to having rookies and having hope.

We'll never know that, but this season is a disaster.
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  4:17 PM
TMS, care to discuss the fact that the team records have gotten worser.

the point of the thread was to show how Isiah has followed in Layden's shoes.

TMS
USA
3/2/2006  4:21 PM
my point was to say Layden doesn't deserve to smile for the crappy job he did... Isiah's been here half the time, & i'm going to wait til i see what he does this offseason before i say he's done a "worser" job than Layden.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  4:23 PM
THe record speaks for itself.

Layden inherited a mess.

Isiah Inherited a mess that time was unwraveling, and Isiah accelerated it into somthing else.

Not that Layden did anything great, but Isiah raised the stakes.

bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  4:24 PM
okay TMS,

but the day he was fired -- Isiah "arrogantly" criticized the prior regime AND NOW look what he turned around and did.

no matter how bad Layden was -- and he was bad himself, but when a GM comes in and pretty much does the same thing with even worser results -- the prior can smile.

He can
TMS
USA
3/2/2006  4:32 PM
that's like saying Hitler can smile cuz Sadam lost the Gulf War.
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  4:36 PM
no it's not,

Hitler wasn't hired with goals of bringing a championship to NY -- and then turn around and follow in the footsteps of a predecessor that Isiah never passes up on an oppurtunity to criticize,

Hussein and Hitler were both murderers

Are you saying that Layden, and Isiah are both clowns ? If so, then you could have said that way back at 3:53 pm
bobs3304
Member: #948
3/2/2006  5:02 PM
Posted by Erniecat:

Layden created a huge mess. Isiah has simply continued the trend. The names are flashier now (Marbury, Francis, Jalen), but our future is bleaker than ever. Until we get real management in here, we will suck for years and years.

yup.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
3/2/2006  5:34 PM
If the next GM does worse than Isiah, does Isiah get to smile?
tkf
Member: #87
3/2/2006  6:36 PM
when layden left, we had, an injured former star, and our young talent was macej Lampe, frank williams and sweetney..

If IT leaves today, the knicks have

Frye
Lee
Q woods
Butler
Nate
Francis
Marbury
curry
2 first round pick(mid to late picks)

that is much better talent, younger talent, you could still as a new GM work with that.
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
misterearl
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #799
USA
3/2/2006  6:43 PM
tkf - nice summary

why is the name of Scott Layden even being exhumed?

once a knick always a knick
tkf
Member: #87
3/2/2006  7:07 PM
Posted by misterearl:

tkf - nice summary

why is the name of Scott Layden even being exhumed?

thanks, I know It has made some mistakes, but the Spoon, eisley and shandon triumvirate, was a dark period in knicks history....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
Somewhere -- Layden is smiling

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy