[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If Marbury and Francis R here to Stay.............
Author Thread
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/2/2006  12:33 PM
Then the front court needs to be seriously overhauled.

I'm one of the few remaining Curry supporters on this board. And I stated in another thread that this Team of individuals is all wrong for the development of Curry or any post presence for that matter. Shaq and Ewing were able to dominate because they were the first option on ther respective teams which was loaded with role players. This team doesn't have many role players, but it does have previous first or second options from other teams (Francis, Marbury, Rose, Craw etc.)

If the Knicks are commited to keeping Francis and Marbury, then they might have to try and move Curry. This new backcourt needs long athletic bigs who can run with them, rebound there misses, cover for there mistakes on the defensive end, finish at the rim when they decide to penetrate and dish and understand there roles.

Dalembert would be the perfect type of center for this backcourt tandem. This is a small backcourt that are constantly beat off the dribble and would need an eraser (shotblocker) to back them up. Lee is a role player who fits this backcourt as does Frye who is a face up player and wont clog the lane. But this team still needs, one to two more long athletic players to fill out the team. A guy like Odom (who is a star role-player) would fit because not only does he rebound, but he could take over some ball handling resposibilities when Marb and Francis cathc fire together.

This team would also need a lights-out shooter who can camp out by the three point line when Marb or Francis penetrate and kick back out.

The other option would be to build a team that fits Curry. The problem is, they would have to seriously overhaul the team for Curry. There are some pieces here already, that fit Marbury and Francis.

Also keep in mind, Curry is a unique post presence who is only 23. Fran and Marb are 29.

[Edited by - bigbeast on 03-02-2006 12:40 PM]
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
AUTOADVERT
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  12:39 PM
i doubt they are both here to stay... 1 of them will be traded this offseason, that's probably the plan... but i agree w/u on getting an athletic shotblocking C like Dalembert who can run the floor & finish... only problem is they don't exactly grow on trees & talented ones are hard to obtain, unless you think a scrub like Steven Hunter or Mikki Moore is a suitable option... Dan Gadzuric woulda been perfect for us.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/2/2006  12:42 PM
"Dan Gadzuric woulda been perfect for us."

Isn't he a free agent this summer?
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  12:59 PM
I think Who and how you pair players can help Curry be more effective.

He has some obvious talents not found in most big men.

Look at how DLee got open for the dunk from Francis that tied the game. Huge bucket, and we all thought Francis was gonna take it.

I think Eddy under Larry Brown is still a work in progress.

To me, a kenyon Martin type of player is would compliment Frye and curry very well.

At 6-9, DLee can also grow into a powerforward role also.

Last nite it was nice to see what can be. I glimpse, a singular ray of hope on a ship sunk!

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
3/2/2006  1:05 PM
Draft Hilton Armstrong or Josh Boone.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  1:19 PM
Posted by bigbeast:

"Dan Gadzuric woulda been perfect for us."

Isn't he a free agent this summer?

he signed an extension last season.

http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/milwaukee.htm
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
If Marbury and Francis R here to Stay.............

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy