Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/2/2006  10:44 AM
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/2/2006  10:48 AM
this is the mentality we need

When Solomon Jones hit yet another jumper to pull South Florida within three, UConn found itself in trouble in a loud, hot campus gym.

Then Josh Boone spoke up.

"Don't worry, Coach," he told Jim Calhoun, who looked ready to put a hole in the scorer's table. "He won't score again. I got him."

Some of his teammates heard it, too. Boone made good on it. Jones scored one basket in the final 9:29 while Boone took charge and UConn went on to a 66-53 victory.

RIP Crushalot😞
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/2/2006  10:51 AM
You know what I hear the sound of?

Ping........Pong........Balls........

Oh wait, we gave our pick away.

(I still like Curry but this hurts)
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
djsunyc
3/2/2006  10:53 AM
too bad we got this mentality:

when the chef brought out the 96 ounce steak, the knicks found themselves in trouble in a loud, hot, outback two hours before gametime.

then jerome james spoke up.

"don't worry, fellas," he told brown, who looked ready to hurl on the dinner table. "the steak won't win again. i got him."

some of his teammates heard it, too. jerome made good on it. james ate the entire 96 ounce steak in 9:29 while jerome took charge and the knicks went to the arena ready to play the game.
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
3/2/2006  11:05 AM
LOL!!! at dj
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/2/2006  11:34 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:

this is the mentality we need

When Solomon Jones hit yet another jumper to pull South Florida within three, UConn found itself in trouble in a loud, hot campus gym.

Then Josh Boone spoke up.

"Don't worry, Coach," he told Jim Calhoun, who looked ready to put a hole in the scorer's table. "He won't score again. I got him."

Some of his teammates heard it, too. Boone made good on it. Jones scored one basket in the final 9:29 while Boone took charge and UConn went on to a 66-53 victory.

I love that mentality, because when you are better, you need to play that way. I wish someone would of come to LB and said. " don't worry coach, we won't let chucky atkins( who should not be this much of a factor) shoot another three".

Allan Houston was at the halftime the other night was talking about the knicks, I forgot who he was talking about but it was some scrub, and Houston said " you can't let the likes of( I forgot the players name) score on you like that" He understands, guys like chudky atkins and Eddy Jones at this point in his career should not be torching you for 42 points combined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/2/2006  11:40 AM
Posted by djsunyc:

when the chef brought out the 96 ounce steak, the knicks found themselves in trouble in a loud, hot, outback two hours before gametime.

"don't worry, fellas," he told brown, who looked ready to hurl on the dinner table. "the steak won't win again. i got him."

some of his teammates heard it, too. jerome made good on it. james ate the entire 96 ounce steak in 9:29 while jerome took charge and the knicks went to the arena ready to play the game.

Including the fat and gristle? It doesn't count unless you eat it all. Then you get the t-shirt.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/2/2006  12:02 PM
And that is why I question the talent on this team. People like Misterearl can talk about the talent upgrade till they are blue in the face but we dont stop anyone. Painfully average players smoke us night in and night out. How are we measuring talent? We have some very athletic people and some very below average basketball players.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/2/2006  12:08 PM
Posted by fishmike:

And that is why I question the talent on this team. People like Misterearl can talk about the talent upgrade till they are blue in the face but we dont stop anyone. Painfully average players smoke us night in and night out. How are we measuring talent? We have some very athletic people and some very below average basketball players.

40 times, vertical leap and shuttle run times. Basketball skills and basketball IQ? Not this team.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
djsunyc
3/2/2006  12:14 PM
Posted by islesfan:
Posted by fishmike:

40 times, vertical leap and shuttle run times. Basketball skills and basketball IQ? Not this team.

chicago got it right by drafting guys from duke, kansas, and uconn. get the creme of the crop in college, who play for dictator coaches that demand hard work and effort. those are the type of players we should've been targeting. but alas, that's been rehashed many a time already.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  12:16 PM
i'm pretty sure no one thinks this is a finished product anyway... i waited 4 years for Laydumb to do something, & he just proved year after year he had no vision & no plan... so far, Isiah's pretty much followed suit, only the young talent he's acquired has at least bought him a pass in my eyes til this offseason where i expect him to make a big trade... he's shown me that he has a better eye for talent than Laydumb ever had (except for the idiotic signing of JJ, which i still can't get myself to reason for the life of me)... i think it's only fair to give him that much... just my opinion.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  12:20 PM
Really, look at the team:

Francis: 6 schools in 6 years. 2 junior colleges and one year at Maryland.

Marbs: One year at G.T. Imagine him in the classroom? Imagine a teacher trying to get anyting out of him.
Jackie Blue: H.S.
Eddie. H.S.
Reezy. 1 yr UCLA
Mo. 1yr mich?
Craw: Same
Rooks: 4 yrs
Qich: 2 yrs Depaul
Qdog. JR college
James: Dairy Queen College

These guys were wined and dined and not had to struggle to achieve to get on the team and work up. It shows.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
3/2/2006  12:23 PM
being worst doesn't annoy me anymore. we've been worst fr a few weeks now anyway.

Sigh. Nowhere to go but up.
Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  12:33 PM
i thought Isiah took some good chances on guys like DerMarr Johnson, Jackie Butler & Qyntel Woods... low risk financially, high potential reward... those are the types of moves he should be making to gather the supplementary pieces he needs to build this team... the rest of the roster should focus on getting us that superstar franchise player that he covets... i think he's trying to do that w/his moves to gather assets... we'll see what develops over the offseason... no more chances after that.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
tomverve
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #878
3/2/2006  12:40 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

jerome james is fat!!! lol!!!
help treat disease with your spare computing power : http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/
Ouch Knicks take over worst record in NBA

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy