[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Trade idea
Author Thread
Dan1078
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #283
8/13/2002  2:34 PM
Harrington and Knight for Dampier.

Harrington has a cheap contract and they're weak at the 3. Even though Othella's a PF, Im sure he could play SF.

Dampier has a big contract, but I think that he's the type of center that the Knicks need.

Then they could trade Thomas and Ward for Van Exel.

C Dampier PF McDyess SF Spree 2g Houston PG Van Exel

C Doleac, PF Spoon SF Anderson SG Postell PG Eisley/Williams

Thats pretty good
AUTOADVERT
Caseloads
Member: #41
8/13/2002  3:08 PM
Posted by Dan1078:

Harrington and Knight for Dampier.

Harrington has a cheap contract and they're weak at the 3. Even though Othella's a PF, Im sure he could play SF.

Dampier has a big contract, but I think that he's the type of center that the Knicks need.

Then they could trade Thomas and Ward for Van Exel.

C Dampier PF McDyess SF Spree 2g Houston PG Van Exel

C Doleac, PF Spoon SF Anderson SG Postell PG Eisley/Williams

Thats pretty good
there was a really funny post the other day - Spoon SF, Anderson SG, Postell IR.
Dan1078
8/13/2002  3:35 PM
Yeah, I remember that post. It was so funny, I forgot to laugh.

Anderson can play SF as well as 2 guard. The same goes with Spoon playing the 4. He's short, but he's strong a la LJ and MAse.
nwny
Member: #284
8/13/2002  3:58 PM
Posted by Dan1078:

Yeah, I remember that post. It was so funny, I forgot to laugh.

Anderson can play SF as well as 2 guard. The same goes with Spoon playing the 4. He's short, but he's strong a la LJ and MAse.
I think you missed the point:
Postell-IR
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
8/13/2002  4:13 PM
I would rather have Foyle than Dampier because of his shot blocking ability.
Dan1078
8/13/2002  4:35 PM
I dont get the joke!! Last year, Lavor was always on the IR, but this year CHaney's gonna get him on the floor more.

I think that Dampier is a better rebounder and scorer than Foyle.

But Foyle's contract is alot more manageable.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
8/13/2002  5:18 PM
Posted by Dan1078:

I dont get the joke!! Last year, Lavor was always on the IR, but this year CHaney's gonna get him on the floor more.

Lavor will be hard pressed to even make the team. Houston, Spree, Anderson, all of whom are much better. Where do you think the minutes for Lavor are gonna come?

Eisley, Ward, Houston, Spree, Spoon, Dice, Doleac, Harrington, Thomas, Knight, Williams, Anderson. That's 12 spots. Williams may start on the IR, but Lavor will be on there the whole season.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LJ2
Member: #239
USA
8/13/2002  6:30 PM
Posted by martin:

Lavor will be hard pressed to even make the team. Houston, Spree, Anderson, all of whom are much better.

Anderson better defensively than Lavor. Lavor better offensively. On offense Anderson plays like a lost rookie.
BigSm00th
Member: #178
USA
8/13/2002  6:39 PM
Yeah, I made the post about the IR. Weatherspoon is a SF primarily, but can play PF. Anderson is usually a 2, but he can play 3. Like nwny said, there just isn't room for Postell on the team.
#Knickstaps
dmeesq
Member: #124
8/14/2002  1:16 PM
Here's a better trade idea.

Send Shandon Anderson (and Harrington) back to Utah.

Send Ostertag to NY.

Works cap-wise and gets rid of Anderson's awful contract. Gets NY a banger in the middle, which is NY's most critical need. Tag also has a short term contract and next year, he would be a restricted FA, so resigning him would be easy and relatively cheap at that time.

It's time for Layden to start thinking outside the box.
nwny
Member: #284
8/14/2002  11:29 PM
Posted by dmeesq:

Here's a better trade idea.

Send Shandon Anderson (and Harrington) back to Utah.

Send Ostertag to NY.

Works cap-wise and gets rid of Anderson's awful contract. Gets NY a banger in the middle, which is NY's most critical need. Tag also has a short term contract and next year, he would be a restricted FA, so resigning him would be easy and relatively cheap at that time.

It's time for Layden to start thinking outside the box.
Oh right. And Utah says: yes sir, thank you, may I have another. Translation? They get screwed. They would never do this deal.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
8/17/2002  8:00 PM
The best chance Layden has is to wait til end of 2003 where he'll have options on trades. He could even get andre miller or a big guy during the free agent period. Knight and ward will have one yr left on their contract. Layden could use them as trade bait along with one of the knicks regulars to obtain a bonifide player in the free agent market. I'm sure there will be teams not able to afford their own free agent. So they'll be willing to trade their free agent player and obtain players with one yr contracts..
The Future. GO KNICKS!
nyballer
Member: #108
USA
8/17/2002  8:48 PM
Posted by knicksbb10:

The best chance Layden has is to wait til end of 2003 where he'll have options on trades. He could even get andre miller or a big guy during the free agent period. Knight and ward will have one yr left on their contract. Layden could use them as trade bait along with one of the knicks regulars to obtain a bonifide player in the free agent market. I'm sure there will be teams not able to afford their own free agent. So they'll be willing to trade their free agent player and obtain players with one yr contracts..
Think about this for a second...teams cant afford to pay their players, so theyll do a sign and trade with a free agent for one-year contracts?? That makes NO sense! If the free agent walks they get under the cap (or their situation improves). Instead, why would they take back equal monitary value so they can wait anotheR year to be in the same situation they could have been the previous year?? It doesnt have any reason behind it .. why trade a player with 0 years left for players with 1 year left on their contracts if you wanna go under the cap??
"easy like sunday morning..." - walt clyde
Trade idea

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy