[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS on ESPN last night
Author Thread
rain
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #353
USA
3/2/2006  2:47 PM
It seems that he still thinks he's in Brooklyn. He might be an emotional guy, he may be passionate, he might be charitable.. but the thing he doesn't get... is respecting his teamates and coach with his body language. He doesn't seem to know how to be professional and know when to shut his mouth. Watching him argue fouls is painful. I'm sorry, I just don't think Steph is very bright, and that coupled with an "I'm the sh!t" brooklyn attitude; is something that won't win you many allies. Rookies maybe... but vets... no way. I could be wrong...
AUTOADVERT
BlueSeats
Alba Posts: 41
Member: #1024

3/2/2006  5:37 PM
If I had to guess it would be double standards, finger pointing, and a holier than thou disposition, on top of being smug, gloomy and dispassionate.
OldFan
Member: #446
3/2/2006  10:15 PM
Posted by Rich:

Even if they do, why don't they STFU about it.

Who said anything?
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/2/2006  10:21 PM
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

There was one play where a frontcourt player (I can't remember who) forgot to rotate and Steph yelled at him and pointed to his (Steph's) head (as if to say "use your head"). Being singled out like that live would probably annoy a lot of players.

it wasn't that he failed to rotate, it was b/c malik picked up a foul and he said "save your fouls" or something like that while pointing to his head.

great game for steph...too bad he needed a meeting from jim dolan to wake up.

it could also be the first time since mid-January where his shoulder wasn't holding him back.
¿ △ ?
MinsHeartsReezy
Member: #872
USA
3/2/2006  10:39 PM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by Bonn1997:

There was one play where a frontcourt player (I can't remember who) forgot to rotate and Steph yelled at him and pointed to his (Steph's) head (as if to say "use your head"). Being singled out like that live would probably annoy a lot of players.

it wasn't that he failed to rotate, it was b/c malik picked up a foul and he said "save your fouls" or something like that while pointing to his head.

great game for steph...too bad he needed a meeting from jim dolan to wake up.

it could also be the first time since mid-January where his shoulder wasn't holding him back.

Also...if he was trying to give the players advice or call them out during that team meeting...I'm sure a few of them were thinking that why doesn't Marbs just keep his thoughts to hilself because he wasn't out there on the court playing due to the injury. Like thinking that he wasn't out there so he doesn't have the right to talk about it. Just a thought.
But I'd rather have him talking and communicating out on the court though if he is our supposed leader. One thing is for sure though...we cant win without him because the rest of the team can't seem to pick up the slack.
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/3/2006  12:14 AM
Marbury is a really nice guy with excellent people skills and high emotional intelligence. He's very supportive of other players no matter what their ability.

It's all those other guys - on this team and every other team he's every played on - who have the problems.
https:// It's not so hard.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
3/3/2006  12:16 AM
.. and he's the best PG in the NBA. It's just the whole world who's not aware
daddynel
Alba Posts: 12
Member: #505
3/3/2006  12:25 AM
Posted by LarryBird:

You would think that Frye, Lee & Robinson would be in Steph's corner. After all, Steph took the three of 'em out before the season and bought each 10 Joseph Abboud suits.

From Tuesday's "New York Times": As Brown gave instructions before the second half, Marbury was seen on television, standing behind Marbury, yawning and looking up at the scoreboard."

And how about the routine where Steph puts the towel on his head when he leaves the court or when he sits on the bench. What is up with that?
1. maybe he was tired. this happened i believe near the start of the season.
2. he's always drapped the towel over the head, win or loose. what's your point?

gunsnewing
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #215
USA
3/3/2006  6:02 AM
yeah how dare anyone mess with the best pg in the nba. I mean what the guy gets out of Curry and Crawford that hinrich couldn't get is UNBELIEVABLE! Francis loves being his backcourt mate. Since joining marbury and the knicks Francis has averaged 40pts. He's really benefitting from Marbury's great leadership. Marbury shuts down the opposing team's best scorer so all Stevie has to focus on is scoring. It's really a beautiful thing to watch! It's so good opposing teams forget about Curry so he drops 30 & 15 in his sleep! Haven't you guys been watching. If not you're really missing out. Knicks are back man! They are tough. the entire league is afraid to face us! Just like the old days man! No one wants to play us at the Garden! I never thought I'd say that again but it's true. Thanks for giving life to us Knicks fan again Isiah. I mean really thank you so much!
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/3/2006  9:02 AM
Posted by gunsnewing:

yeah how dare anyone mess with the best pg in the nba. I mean what the guy gets out of Curry and Crawford that hinrich couldn't get is UNBELIEVABLE! Francis loves being his backcourt mate. Since joining marbury and the knicks Francis has averaged 40pts. He's really benefitting from Marbury's great leadership. Marbury shuts down the opposing team's best scorer so all Stevie has to focus on is scoring. It's really a beautiful thing to watch! It's so good opposing teams forget about Curry so he drops 30 & 15 in his sleep! Haven't you guys been watching. If not you're really missing out. Knicks are back man! They are tough. the entire league is afraid to face us! Just like the old days man! No one wants to play us at the Garden! I never thought I'd say that again but it's true. Thanks for giving life to us Knicks fan again Isiah. I mean really thank you so much!

and then you wake up with warm gooey fluid in you shorts and realize it was just a dream.

SAS on ESPN last night

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy