jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/2/2006  6:33 PM
Posted by tkf:
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

martin: where do you play kenyon?

PF. Frye off the bench for a few years is not a bad plan to start with.

I don't know, I want to speed up the development of frye, the quicker he blossoms the better off we are, dragging in kenyon, and his baggage is not my idea of developing the young guys...

frye can still get at least 30minutes backing up curry&kmart. with kmart, you can play Frye at center more.
AUTOADVERT
BRIGGS
Member: #303
3/2/2006  6:37 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

im telling you this guy can save face here if they play the cards right.

Number 1 either eddy curry gets down to 270 or so or move him for more mobile players even if we keep him, we need a mobile shot blocker/rebounder at the PF

i wouldnt want my job security to rely upon jamal Crawford and eddy curry

you can say whatever you want about marbury and francis but they play better and harder is many aspects and have more toughness than all of the other knicks combined.

if you are committed to keeping these 2, you should commit to opening lanes--more athletiscm a couple of bench players who can shoot a three on the kick more length NO malik roses mo taylor etc... again even eddy curry is not a likely fit OR like I said we need a PF who can play next to him that can defend --- thats not Frye imho.

BRIGGS if KMart can prove he is healthy enough after the summer, would you do Jalen/Q/SA Pick for KMart/Patterson?

Id like to see us move our two picks up with nate and cash to grab Sheldan Williams--- use Mo Taylor's ending contract on Dan Gadzuric and send Eddy Curry to GS for Fisher and Biendrins.

C Gadzuric Biendrins
F Williams Frye
F Q-Rich Lee
G Francis Rose Crawford
G Marbury Fischer Crawford

[Edited by - BRIGGS on 03-02-2006 6:39 PM]
RIP Crushalot😞
jaydh
Member: #96
3/2/2006  6:45 PM
^^ curry wont be traded.. not this soon.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/2/2006  6:48 PM
You guys sound like you wouldn't consider Frye at the 3 at all. Granted his mobility presents a problem, particularly on D, but no one else sees the potential of a killer Rashard-like role for him wiht minutes at the 3?
BRIGGS
3/2/2006  6:49 PM
Posted by jaydh:

^^ curry wont be traded.. not this soon.

well, if it was up to me at this point, id be trying to shape the roster with more speed and length and move away from a big post guy that clogs the interior and go after more mobile big men who can fill lanes, set picks block shots, rebound, run, defend have a variety skills etc....
RIP Crushalot😞
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/2/2006  6:51 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by Marv:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

im telling you this guy can save face here if they play the cards right.

Number 1 either eddy curry gets down to 270 or so or move him for more mobile players even if we keep him, we need a mobile shot blocker/rebounder at the PF

i wouldnt want my job security to rely upon jamal Crawford and eddy curry

you can say whatever you want about marbury and francis but they play better and harder is many aspects and have more toughness than all of the other knicks combined.

if you are committed to keeping these 2, you should commit to opening lanes--more athletiscm a couple of bench players who can shoot a three on the kick more length NO malik roses mo taylor etc... again even eddy curry is not a likely fit OR like I said we need a PF who can play next to him that can defend --- thats not Frye imho.

BRIGGS if KMart can prove he is healthy enough after the summer, would you do Jalen/Q/SA Pick for KMart/Patterson?

Martin, I'm curious about your thinking - if KMart is healthy, why in the world would Denver want to make that deal? They may lose Nene if someone offers him stupid money, Q-Duck must have very low value, Jalen, I assume for his contract? I don't see Denver coming near a deal like this.

Denver has a salary cap situation coming up and owners who don't want to pay luxury $$$. You have Nene who is going to demand near max dollars and Melo who will get max dollars. Francisco Elson is another fairly decent big who is going to want a more than $5M per contract who is due this summer. If they like Reggie Evans, he will take the mid-level from them this year. Patterson is probably more of a stop gap who owns a player option next year. They still need guards and will have to unload someone nice soon. Their coach Karl likes players who practice a lot (KMart is not one of them cause of his knee this year).

Something has got to give. I just think they will try to get Nene to resign for less than what KMart makes. Plus he is younger and doesn't have the degenerative knee like KMart has.

I buy your argument about unloading KMart. I don't see them considering the NYK package though since the pick is bad, Q-Rich looks like a salary load for a while and jalen I just can't see the appeal, expiring status or not.
BRIGGS
3/2/2006  6:52 PM
also having 2 shot blockers on the floor at all times will help our defense immensely. We can play up on our perimeter guys[no more open 3s] and see if we can get those guys to put it on the floor and force them into the shot blockers.
RIP Crushalot😞
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
3/2/2006  8:29 PM
Posted by Marv:

You guys sound like you wouldn't consider Frye at the 3 at all. Granted his mobility presents a problem, particularly on D, but no one else sees the potential of a killer Rashard-like role for him wiht minutes at the 3?

I'd consider him at the 3 for spot duty a la Rasheed.

Briggs, your lineup is severely lacking in the C position, IMO...instead of Sheldon, I grab Boone, an put him next to Frye (although I think Butler can give us the same things Boone or Sheldon would give us.
~You can't run from who you are.~
The Stevie Franchise trade was the best one

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy