The Stevie Franchise trade was the best one
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/2/2006  12:00 PM
Posted by djsunyc:

steph + francis backcourt means a little bit of an overhaul in the frontcourt. rebounding, defense, and block shots are needed from the 3/4/5 spots. are frye and curry ready to do that? steph + francis are in their primes. how long do we wait?

this is my guess, but ALL teams are going to have to build with frontcourts that have rebouding, blocked shots and good, fast rotations. Handchecking has all but made sure of that.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/2/2006  1:47 PM
It was a good trade because the Knicks gave nothing of value up and got an established starter.

Believe it or not this offers them more flexibility. Marbury can be moved now and get us some picks, or maybe a legit star if enough filler is involved.

Listen, if this had been the year Shaq was available and Isiah had this roster - he could have gotten him. You are telling me that Grant, Odom, and Butler + whatever is better then something like Marbury, Q, and Frye?

To Zekes credit - he may not have put together a winning team but he turned garbage into players who could actually help certain teams. So what if their value is low because of the Knicks image problem - they are players who have value none the less. I think we will see some changes made in the off season that will fix these problems. I am guessing that Marbury is going to be shipped out because apparently the players dont like him (rumors) and Francis is more of a leader/likeable guy.

In fact Francis reminds me of when Steph first got here - there are signs of life on the court. Maybe it will push Steph to play at a higher level now.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/2/2006  2:28 PM
im telling you this guy can save face here if they play the cards right.

Number 1 either eddy curry gets down to 270 or so or move him for more mobile players even if we keep him, we need a mobile shot blocker/rebounder at the PF

i wouldnt want my job security to rely upon jamal Crawford and eddy curry

you can say whatever you want about marbury and francis but they play better and harder is many aspects and have more toughness than all of the other knicks combined.

if you are committed to keeping these 2, you should commit to opening lanes--more athletiscm a couple of bench players who can shoot a three on the kick more length NO malik roses mo taylor etc... again even eddy curry is not a likely fit OR like I said we need a PF who can play next to him that can defend --- thats not Frye imho.
RIP Crushalot😞
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/2/2006  2:48 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

Number 1 either eddy curry gets down to 270 or so or move him for more mobile players even if we keep him, we need a mobile shot blocker/rebounder at the PF

you can say whatever you want about marbury and francis but they play better and harder is many aspects and have more toughness than all of the other knicks combined.

if you are committed to keeping these 2, you should commit to opening lanes--more athletiscm a couple of bench players who can shoot a three on the kick more length NO malik roses mo taylor etc... again even eddy curry is not a likely fit OR like I said we need a PF who can play next to him that can defend --- thats not Frye imho.

I see what you are saying briggs, both guys are very talented,if you are going to establish a style of play then get guys that fit that. Lee, frye, butler do, josh boone and Hilton Armstrong do. we don't need as many scorers, no craws, no jalens and no Mo T's....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
bigpimpin
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #801
USA
3/2/2006  3:14 PM
the stevie franchise only makes sense if you are going to send Marbury packing. The Jalen Rose trade makes sense to a certain degree, IF you put him at the 3 spot.

Has anyone noticed that this team is worser than last years.

And last years was worser than the year before?
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/2/2006  3:16 PM
the jalen rose trade will make sense depending on what Isiah will do w/his expiring contract next season & the 1st round pick in the draft.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  3:19 PM
i was going to post the same thing TMS, until I realized that "expiring contracts" was the THEME -- last year.

New Year, and thus a new LIE
"Anyone who sits around waiting to hit the lottery, whether basketball or real life, in order to better their position is a loser."
TMS
USA
3/2/2006  3:35 PM
yeah, well, i'm not killing Isiah for that one since it doesn't effect our cap situation regardless... if we were talking the difference between being under the cap or not, then it'd be a different story... i'm willing to see what he does w/the pick... his picks have usually panned out pretty well so far... if you want to be concerned, just be worried that he doesn't trade Jalen's expiring deal for Raef LaFrentz (or something of that nature)
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  3:38 PM
i was only expressin my sentiments towards his great campaign of expiring contracts that turned into even more losses.

Absoultely nothing isiah has done since his arrival has panner out.
TMS
USA
3/2/2006  3:40 PM
Frye, Lee, Woods & Butler have been pleasant surprises.
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  3:50 PM
Posted by TMS:

and i agree, but when you say panned out i thought you were talking about something that actually has gone past 1 season.

i'm willing to bet you that 2 of the 4 players you named above will not be on the roster before the end of next season.

OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
3/2/2006  3:51 PM
Mark my words - Steve Francis will become the leader of this team and Steph will either jump on board or get shipped out.
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
TMS
USA
3/2/2006  3:56 PM
Posted by bigpimpin:
Posted by TMS:

and i agree, but when you say panned out i thought you were talking about something that actually has gone past 1 season.

i'm willing to bet you that 2 of the 4 players you named above will not be on the roster before the end of next season.

you may be right... who knows what Isiah has up his sleeve at this point... if a big trade is going to go down, u can bet at least 1 or 2 of the young guys are gonna be included in the deal... but if it's to get us a bonafide star player, i don't think anyone could complain (though i'm sure they will)
bigpimpin
USA
3/2/2006  4:00 PM
a bonafide star player, huh
martin
USA
3/2/2006  5:06 PM
Posted by BRIGGS:

BRIGGS if KMart can prove he is healthy enough after the summer, would you do Jalen/Q/SA Pick for KMart/Patterson?
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/2/2006  5:10 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

BRIGGS if KMart can prove he is healthy enough after the summer, would you do Jalen/Q/SA Pick for KMart/Patterson?

Martin, I'm curious about your thinking - if KMart is healthy, why in the world would Denver want to make that deal? They may lose Nene if someone offers him stupid money, Q-Duck must have very low value, Jalen, I assume for his contract? I don't see Denver coming near a deal like this.
martin
USA
3/2/2006  5:23 PM
Posted by Marv:
Posted by martin:
Posted by BRIGGS:

Martin, I'm curious about your thinking - if KMart is healthy, why in the world would Denver want to make that deal? They may lose Nene if someone offers him stupid money, Q-Duck must have very low value, Jalen, I assume for his contract? I don't see Denver coming near a deal like this.

Denver has a salary cap situation coming up and owners who don't want to pay luxury $$$. You have Nene who is going to demand near max dollars and Melo who will get max dollars. Francisco Elson is another fairly decent big who is going to want a more than $5M per contract who is due this summer. If they like Reggie Evans, he will take the mid-level from them this year. Patterson is probably more of a stop gap who owns a player option next year. They still need guards and will have to unload someone nice soon. Their coach Karl likes players who practice a lot (KMart is not one of them cause of his knee this year).

Something has got to give. I just think they will try to get Nene to resign for less than what KMart makes. Plus he is younger and doesn't have the degenerative knee like KMart has.
tkf
3/2/2006  6:19 PM
martin: where do you play kenyon?
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
martin
USA
3/2/2006  6:28 PM
Posted by tkf:

PF. Frye off the bench for a few years is not a bad plan to start with.
tkf
3/2/2006  6:31 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by tkf:

PF. Frye off the bench for a few years is not a bad plan to start with.

I don't know, I want to speed up the development of frye, the quicker he blossoms the better off we are, dragging in kenyon, and his baggage is not my idea of developing the young guys...

The Stevie Franchise trade was the best one

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy