[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

The Stevie Franchise trade was the best one
Author Thread
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/1/2006  11:00 PM
I liked this trade all the way--it was a no-brainer. It wasnt a 33 YO Jalen rose or an inconsistent somewhat unproven jamal crawford--this was an established elite player.

we dont need guys like jalen malik taylor jerome james in fact I dont even know if i want curry. Id rather have athletes who can move up and down spread the floor use lanes and have a supply of 6-10 + guys who can block shots run the floor better and defend.

fat curry stagnates the offense clogs the offensive lane and he plays horrid D. you get more mobile guys like lee frye keeping adding like that get rid of sht like crawford etc.... and then we might have something. You know I dont want to count on a man with a weight problem who is a career under achiever unless the fat arse belongs to shaq:>)
At the very least Butler and curry should work with personal trainers and get on serious regimens. Id like to keep Butler, he's deserves a 3-4 years commitment at 1mm+ per--like he was a first round pick. Instead of using the MLE on someone from the outside, just use slight portions of it to give butler and woods 3 years deals wuith option for a 4 at small $
RIP Crushalot😞
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
3/1/2006  11:02 PM
Butler looked good tonight. I agree with most of your post briggs..
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
NYKniCksFan87
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #700
3/1/2006  11:05 PM
exactly...francis deal was the 1st deal in a while that i have favored from the start him and marbury were unstoppable tonight when penetrating....damn if only we had a little better defense.....
''We don't have the luxury to take anybody lightly,'' New York's Quentin Richardson said. ''We're not that good.''
Rich
Member: #511
USA
3/1/2006  11:06 PM
The only negative is the cap implications.
FrenchKnicks
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #147
France
3/1/2006  11:11 PM
Posted by Rich:

Hello ?!? What about team chemistery and perimeter defense against bigger 2s?
Rich
USA
3/1/2006  11:15 PM
Posted by FrenchKnicks:
Posted by Rich:

This year doesn't matter to me because both were huge problems anyway. In fact, I don't think this team will ever be in a position to compete on a high level until they purge most of the current roster, and get under the cap. They had an opportunity to come very close to being able to do that after next season until this trade was made.

[Edited by - Rich on 03-01-2006 11:15 PM]
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2006  11:27 PM
I was thinking tonite that just the THREAT of Stevie is enough to motivate marbs.

Competition is healthy, and When was the last time Marbs was threatend?

GoNyGoNyGo
Member: #411
USA
3/1/2006  11:42 PM
Cap? Crap! Francis expires the same year the Stephon does. The team is supposedly his team, so what is the difference. NY will never be under the cap, that is not their goal.

The talent that is there apparently showed itself tonight. I ama big fan of Butler. The kid is 20! He has more basketball IQ than any other big man on the team. He rebounds and has soft hands....he can be the ideal 4/5.

If I am Isiah, I hire a personal chef and a personal trainer for Butler this off season. He needs to get his body fat to about 4%. If he can do that, he can be as good as any of the young studs in the league right now....I believe this.

IT needs to get credit for that signing.
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
3/1/2006  11:51 PM
here come all the "i loved this trade from the start" posters... though in fairness to BRIGGS, i will say he was w/me all the way from the start on this one. *cough* *cough*
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

3/2/2006  12:18 AM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by FrenchKnicks:
Posted by Rich:

This year doesn't matter to me because both were huge problems anyway. In fact, I don't think this team will ever be in a position to compete on a high level until they purge most of the current roster, and get under the cap. They had an opportunity to come very close to being able to do that after next season until this trade was made.

This team isn't getting under the cap. It's been climbing a talent ladder since Isiah got here and it's going to continue to do so. The pieces don't fit so far, but like tonight showed it can be damn fine to watch in the meantime anyway if the players give real effort. After this summer things will fit a lot better. It still won't be complete next year but if we don't compete at a high level then I'd consider it a failure. Keep climbing Zeke!

eViL
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #561
USA
3/2/2006  12:25 AM
Don't worry battered wives, and other Knick fans, we have crap space to save us.
check out my latest hip hop project: https://soundcloud.com/michaelcro http://youtu.be/scNXshrpyZo
Rich
USA
3/2/2006  12:35 AM
Posted by TemujinKnick:
Posted by Rich:
Posted by FrenchKnicks:
Posted by Rich:

This team isn't getting under the cap. It's been climbing a talent ladder since Isiah got here and it's going to continue to do so. The pieces don't fit so far, but like tonight showed it can be damn fine to watch in the meantime anyway if the players give real effort. After this summer things will fit a lot better. It still won't be complete next year but if we don't compete at a high level then I'd consider it a failure. Keep climbing Zeke!

Just because Isiah is an idiot, it doesn't mean that they could never get under the cap. They had the ability to take $70 million off the payroll after the 2007, until the Francis trade.

This team will never win a championship until this mindless spending ends.
TemujinKnick
Member: #1022

3/2/2006  12:58 AM
They could get under the cap. They don't want to get under the cap. Not as long as Dolan is owner.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/2/2006  2:22 AM
Posted by FrenchKnicks:
Posted by Rich:

team chemistry remains to be seen. as for perimeter D, they have to match up with us, too. you realize Memphis left Bobby Jackson and Chucky Atkins on the floor the whole fourth? I'd rather have those two out there than Mike Miller at SG.

¿ △ ?
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
3/2/2006  6:35 AM
Posted by TMS:

here come all the "i loved this trade from the start" posters... though in fairness to BRIGGS, i will say he was w/me all the way from the start on this one. *cough* *cough*

jazz74
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #371
3/2/2006  7:20 AM
well, if it is true that EVERYONE in the locker room hates marbury, this trade is indeed a no-brainer. lb and thomas knew what they were doing. franchise could a.) inspire marbury to do better and have a more than efficeint back court orb.) trade marbury in the summer to increase team chemistry. contrary to popular belief there are some teams that would take marbury. someone said atlanta and minny, both viable teams. also memphis, who lost stoudimire.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/2/2006  7:28 AM
You guys care nothing about the payroll/cap situation on this team?

Nothing about bringing another grossly overpriced guy who's won nothing his whole career?

Ball-hog dribble-dribble-dribble type. Another one of those on this squad!

All that f'g money for another undersized 2!!!!

This f'g trade put me over the top.

As you can see.
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/2/2006  7:33 AM
lol@Marv
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/2/2006  11:48 AM
Posted by crzymdups:
Posted by FrenchKnicks:
Posted by Rich:

team chemistry remains to be seen. as for perimeter D, they have to match up with us, too. you realize Memphis left Bobby Jackson and Chucky Atkins on the floor the whole fourth? I'd rather have those two out there than Mike Miller at SG.

Good point.

Take a look at Phnx, Mil and Okla.....all three of those teams play small backcourts for the majority of the game and it works for them.

Phx plays Nash and House together
In Mil, Ford and Mo williams play more than half the game together
Okla, Claxton and Paul usually finish games together.

"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/2/2006  11:51 AM
steph + francis backcourt means a little bit of an overhaul in the frontcourt. rebounding, defense, and block shots are needed from the 3/4/5 spots. are frye and curry ready to do that? steph + francis are in their primes. how long do we wait?
The Stevie Franchise trade was the best one

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy