[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Dolan takes charge
Author Thread
JBClax18
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #866
USA
3/1/2006  6:59 PM
James Dolan, the chairman of Madison Square Garden, told his players to start improving. Immediately.

finally the guy stopped sitting back in his seat and watching the team suffer
but actually hes still doing that
Fighting Illini
AUTOADVERT
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
3/1/2006  7:27 PM
Well, not to defend Dolan, who I think is generally an idiot, but he basically told the players that both Milli and Vanilli are staying, at least until the end of the season. I think that's important - who knows what's in the players minds? It sure looks like "maybe I can get the coach fired." sometimes. But I expect some big changes after this season is over. Things can't go on this way.
https:// It's not so hard.
bobs3304
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #948
3/1/2006  7:49 PM
if dolan steps down, everything else will fall in line.
DLee is the best thing to happen to NY in Isiah's 4 year tenure. And that alone, though a positive on the radar, is sad as hell.
WOODMANnYk
Member: #529
USA
3/1/2006  8:52 PM
Dolan needs to be gone.. out in the air...

Ever since he took over from his dad, the misery began with the knicks.. they haven't hit .500 ball since.

i truly missed the good old days when the knicks use to win 50 games every yr.
The Future. GO KNICKS!
LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/2/2006  2:18 PM
This guy is a complete idiot. I once heard him on the radio with Mike & the Mad Dog and he can't even put a coherent sentence together. He's an alcoholic who only is where he is because you can't choose your parents and he lucked out. I think Daddy Dolan moved him out of Cablevision over to the Garden to get him out of his hair.

He sat with the press yesterday and the Times guy who was there said that Dolan showed little remorse about the Knicks' plight and couldn't offer a cogent description of Thomas' strategy, other than to say it involved a blend of youth & maturity. Dolan is clueless
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  2:40 PM
Alcohalic with dominant father?

Sounds like the president of these United States!

I actually thought better of him after yesterday.. He stood up, told the players this ship is run by the coach and thats how it goes here! Get with the program Larry says or be banished.

Looks like they listened.

Since Checketts left town MSG is a joke.

HIs comment that people think he's brain dead was great.

Its about damage control, and the reality is this is the best course of action for now.

LarryBird
Member: #1098

3/2/2006  2:46 PM
Checketts left because Dolan moved over from the cable tv stuff and he didn't like Dolan playing in his sand box. Then again, the current Knicks mess was started on Checketts watch when he traded Ewing for all those bad contracts: Rice, Longley et al. It has been a spiral they haven't been able to get out of. Subsequently trading for McDyce, Marbury and on and on and on.
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/2/2006  2:48 PM
Posted by LarryBird:

Checketts left because Dolan moved over from the cable tv stuff and he didn't like Dolan playing in his sand box. Then again, the current Knicks mess was started on Checketts watch when he traded Ewing for all those bad contracts: Rice, Longley et al. It has been a spiral they haven't been able to get out of. Subsequently trading for McDyce, Marbury and on and on and on.

layden dumped ewing. checketts had the $100 mil deal for h20 all but agreed upon, layden just signed it under his watch.
Allanfan20
Alba Posts: 50
Member: #542
USA
3/2/2006  2:52 PM
Checketts wasn't even around for the Ewing trade. I think Dolan might have forced that one too, and the trade itself wasn't great, but at least we got a couple of draft picks to go with it, which we later traded away for freaking Othella Harrington and Erick Strickland or Mark Jackson. Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal nice job fellas.
“Whenever I’m about to do something, I think ‘Would an idiot do that?’ and if they would, I do NOT do that thing.”- Dwight Schrute
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/2/2006  3:15 PM
We have been thru this 100 times.

Its old aready. Dolan should have a MSG president to as he did with checketts. Dolan does not have the business acumen to over see this pet project.

ITs a mess, but its HIS mess!
Dolan takes charge

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy