[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Anyone in the draft a better prospect than Curry?
Author Thread
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
3/1/2006  10:31 AM
Another discusssion on ESPN-There is no one in the draft who would be taken ahead of Curry. Now I better get some work done.
AUTOADVERT
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/1/2006  10:55 AM
You honestly don't think that anyone in this draft will be better than Curry? Is 14-6-1 with no defense, no work ethic, no desire and no offensive moves really that great of a measuring stick that none of these incoming players will surpass?? That's beyond laughable.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/1/2006  11:00 AM
I think Curry would be hands down #1 in this years draft. Seriously. Now next years with Oden coming out, Curry would probably be #2.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2006  11:03 AM
At this point, Eddie is a better prospect.

We needed a big man, and there are none better than Curry.

Curry might even be better than Emeka. His back is a big problem.

I would take Howard over Curry though.

Eddie is not bringing this team down, its other things.
McK1
Member: #964
3/1/2006  11:08 AM
the Curry coming out of college wouldn't be getting 60 mill and cost NY 4 picks to a conference rival to be trying to figure out

what a pass is

what a double-team is

what a post move is

what a left hand is

the total cost of Curry was not worth 2 starters, 2 no. 1's, 2 no. 2's and 60 mill added to the cap

the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
Silverfuel
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #268
USA
3/1/2006  11:08 AM
Posted by islesfan:

You honestly don't think that anyone in this draft will be better than Curry? Is 14-6-1 with no defense, no work ethic, no desire and no offensive moves really that great of a measuring stick that none of these incoming players will surpass?? That's beyond laughable.
Come up with a name isles. Who do you think would be a better pick than Curry and why?
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/1/2006  11:09 AM
hypothetically, if Eddy was a four year senior and we were getting a top three pick, I think a lot of folks here would be clamoring for him. myself included. (we'd be wrong though)

guys like Shelden Williams and Josh Boone will do more things to help teams win. does that make them better players? not in Isiah's mind.
¿ △ ?
McK1
3/1/2006  11:12 AM
Isiah paid franchise player sum for a prospect...

I guess actually building a team through scouting the draft and smart mid-level free-agent choices sounds too much like work when your owner is Dolan
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
crzymdups
USA
3/1/2006  11:13 AM
yeah, I'll be happy to see Isiah gone, but I really won't have any faith that things will improve as long as Jimmy Dolan is in charge. I'd rather see fans chant "Fire Dolan" than "Fire Thomas."
¿ △ ?
Caseloads
Member: #41
3/1/2006  11:14 AM
It's the P-word. No, not punnany. Potential. Curry has tons of it. If anyone can teach this guy the game and get him to play with heart, then the trade would be worth it. If Curry never gets it, then it's not worth it. The trade was a gamble, but we definitely (from here) overpaid. And please - two starters? Fatboy Sweets (sucks) and Tiny Gazy Thomas - sucks. And second round picks? Where we gonna put or play them? First rounders? Could be stars, but odds are busts or role players.

We need a center with Star potential and Curry was the only one available. Bynum is years away. Just like Curry. I hope that Curry when he's 28 is still a Knick and a good player.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/1/2006  11:14 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by islesfan:

Come up with a name isles. Who do you think would be a better pick than Curry and why?

Aldridge. He'll score less than Curry but still put up 10-12 pts and he's a much better rebounder and defender and he has a lot higher basketball IQ than Curry will ever have. Oh, and he won't cost 2 lottery picks, 2 high second rd picks, a large expiring contract and a solid player.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
3/1/2006  11:15 AM
Posted by McK1:

the Curry coming out of college wouldn't be getting 60 mill and cost NY 4 picks to a conference rival to be trying to figure out

what a pass is

what a double-team is

what a post move is

what a left hand is

the total cost of Curry was not worth 2 starters, 2 no. 1's, 2 no. 2's and 60 mill added to the cap

2 starters? Calling TT a starter is like calling Isiah an effective GM. And Sweets has eaten so many of his namesakes that he's approaching Turpin/Williams/Miller status.
bigbeast
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #1060

3/1/2006  11:16 AM
I really wish you guys would stop comparing Curry to this yrs draft propects. Stop feeding into Isiah's nonsensical, idiotic twist on his blunder to protect pick he gave to Chicago.

Compare Curry to Sweets, and Timmy, not the draft. Giving up the pick and not protcting it atleast in the top five was Isiah's folly.
"Man, who knows with this team." Aguirre.
McK1
3/1/2006  11:17 AM
Posted by Caseloads:

It's the P-word. No, not punnany. Potential. Curry has tons of it. If anyone can teach this guy the game and get him to play with heart, then the trade would be worth it. If Curry never gets it, then it's not worth it. The trade was a gamble, but we definitely (from here) overpaid. And please - two starters? Fatboy Sweets (sucks) and Tiny Gazy Thomas - sucks. And second round picks? Where we gonna put or play them? First rounders? Could be stars, but odds are busts or role players.

We need a center with Star potential and Curry was the only one available. Bynum is years away. Just like Curry. I hope that Curry when he's 28 is still a Knick and a good player.

they are both years away but what would Bynum have cost?

and Sweetney and TT were starters here. I don't remember alot of Sweetney sucks posts prior to last season when he was Brand and Trev was Marion/T-Mac to the majority of orange and blue shades wearing fans.

[Edited by - McK1 on 03-01-2006 11:18 AM]
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
3/1/2006  11:19 AM
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by islesfan:

It's a stupid question. Eddy Curry is a Knick because he had a purported heart problem. If he had a heart problem like that---where you cant get insurance, do you really think he wouldve been a 1 pick? On top of it, hed be in last years draft IF he stayed all 4 years. Do I think guys like Adam Morrison Rudy Gay Lamarcus Aldridge Sheldan Williams Tyrus Thomas Brandon roy Hilton Armstrong Randy Foye etc.. Have as much upside potential OR more than Curry? What can Curry do that Eric Williams from Wake Forest cant--do you really think hed have better numbers than Eric Williams? No. Do you think Eddye Curry's faults besides his possiblehealth problems may have been exposed just a tad? he cant do much of anything outside of 6 feet, hes had motivational issues--hes NOT 7 feet tall more like 6-9 1/2 is this guy an elton brand in college--not that i can see. eric williams very similar dude the only differnce between eric and eddy is about 2 inches.

RIP Crushalot😞
crzymdups
USA
3/1/2006  11:20 AM
Posted by Marv:

[

2 starters? Calling TT a starter is like calling Isiah an effective GM. And Sweets has eaten so many of his namesakes that he's approaching Turpin/Williams/Miller status.

yeah, I don't care about Tim or Sweets. Sweets played decent D, but had plenty of limitations and clearly has no interest in getting in playing shape. and though TT was an expiring contract, we got one right back in AD. I'd actually rather have AD here than either TT or Sweets.

the picks are inarguable, though. one of the big problems with that trade is that Isiah shipped AD for Jalen to get a pick to somewhat justify the trade. (which is doesn't, but that's Isiah's fuzzy logic for you - sure we traded two lotto picks, but we got back two low first rounders! oh, we also gave up two high second round picks... but the two low first rounders! we have too much youth anyway! we were never getting under the cap! but we love our young players, the future is bright! and we have draft picks to add more young players!)

[Edited by - crzymdups on 03-01-2006 11:21 AM]
¿ △ ?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/1/2006  11:20 AM
i loved sweets but it wasn't about the players we gave up, it's all about the picks that we gave up without ANY downside risk protection. just shows a little bit of incompetence. paxson and isiah thought we would be nowhere near a top 5 pick, should've just protected it. don't understand why it wasn't. but it's move like these that pile up and put you in a hole.

curry, right now, is a nazr on steroids and desperately needs a legitimate pf next to him. of course, this is at the expense of frye. so we need to make some sort of choice within the next 2-3 years, unless we're content with one of them coming off the bench (which is fine too).
crzymdups
USA
3/1/2006  11:24 AM
Posted by BRIGGS:
Posted by Silverfuel:
Posted by islesfan:

It's a stupid question. Eddy Curry is a Knick because he had a purported heart problem. If he had a heart problem like that---where you cant get insurance, do you really think he wouldve been a 1 pick? On top of it, hed be in last years draft IF he stayed all 4 years. Do I think guys like Adam Morrison Rudy Gay Lamarcus Aldridge Sheldan Williams Tyrus Thomas Brandon roy Hilton Armstrong Randy Foye etc.. Have as much upside potential OR more than Curry? What can Curry do that Eric Williams from Wake Forest cant--do you really think hed have better numbers than Eric Williams? No. Do you think Eddye Curry's faults besides his possiblehealth problems may have been exposed just a tad? he cant do much of anything outside of 6 feet, hes had motivational issues--hes NOT 7 feet tall more like 6-9 1/2 is this guy an elton brand in college--not that i can see. eric williams very similar dude the only differnce between eric and eddy is about 2 inches.

Curry is bigger than Brand. If we're going by height in stocking feet, Brand is 6'7" at best. I agree with your point, but let's not call Curry small. His main problem is low effort/low bball IQ. Not size or anything physical.
¿ △ ?
McK1
3/1/2006  11:24 AM
Curry needs more than just a legit four.

The rule changes don't favor Curry. He lacks the basketball IQ to recognize the different traps and zones being thrown at him and hpow to pass out of it or what direction to move to beat it.

hence his assist to turnover ratio is 1/12.5
crzymdups
USA
3/1/2006  11:31 AM
Posted by McK1:

Curry needs more than just a legit four.

The rule changes don't favor Curry. He lacks the basketball IQ to recognize the different traps and zones being thrown at him and hpow to pass out of it or what direction to move to beat it.

hence his assist to turnover ratio is 1/12.5

yeah, his biggest problem on offense is recognition, which is basically low bball IQ. his passing seems to have SLIGHTLY improved recently. he found Mo Taylor cutting for an easy basket in San Ant. while we're stuck with Curry, we can hope LB can help him improve his recognition of the zone/double team and what to do in that scenario.

I don't know what can help Curry's effort level on D.

¿ △ ?
Anyone in the draft a better prospect than Curry?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy