[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Releasing Stephon Marbury??????
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/28/2006  6:00 PM
There are a couple types of rebuilding. There is the LA Clips rebuilding which didn't work in LA, Denver, Portland....this consistes of str8 through the draft all 20 somethings--as in 20, 21, 22--no vets, and hope they develop.

The other rebuilding is like Detroit, San Antonio, The Lakers when they got Shaq...you have some vets and build around youthful cornerstones, but the youngin's are 25, 26, not 21 and 22...

Which one seems to work better to you?

Zeke is trying a hybrid version by getting younger stars to hold the ship and getting the 21 yr olds to develop probably...i cn see where he is going with this because if i look at this correctly it looks to me like he is trying to build a dynasty in 2 years with a team to good to get a top 2 pick, in way over the cap when he got here.

There are plenty of moves I wouldn't have made or would have made differently (kept KVH, used some of the MLE on Diop and used him and Butler at center, Signed Q instead of Jamal, not sign KT to a contract extension and trade him for Malik and 2 picks.)

[Edited by - joec32033 on 02-28-2006 6:01 PM]
~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
tkf
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #87
2/28/2006  7:45 PM
In order to get rid of guys like marbs and JJ is you trade a guy like marbs to a team like Houston for draft picks and a player like sura. Then you take those picks to couple with bums like jerome james and move him. ridding ourselves of JJ and marbs contract will be great. Let jalen and mo taylor expire next year. that is a start....
Anyone who sits around and waits for the lottery to better themselves, either in real life or in sports, Is a Loser............... TKF
edsonline
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #735
2/28/2006  7:59 PM
Why would the Knicks be stupid enough to do this? Why would anyone be stupid enough to believer it?
BajanKnickFan
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #936
USA
2/28/2006  9:09 PM
why release him,trade him in the summer
BasketballJones
Alba Posts: 19
Member: #290
USA
2/28/2006  9:36 PM
The sad part is, before he got injured, everything was clicking. Or was it all just a fluke?
https:// It's not so hard.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/28/2006  9:48 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:

The sad part is, before he got injured, everything was clicking. Or was it all just a fluke?

No fluke. They showed balls, moxie, togetherness, hustle, everything during that streak. 5 things tho: 1. Larry played the rooks. 2. AD was tough on the boards 3. Larry let them score and play more fluidly. 4. Q-Duck was out. 5. Reezy played a nice role.
misterearl
Member: #799
USA
2/28/2006  10:14 PM
Frank Isola is a putz for suggesting that you dump your best player

The news media has whipped itself into such a frenzy all they can do is scream "fire" in a crowded theatre

Marbury's injury was the turning point in the season
once a knick always a knick
mrbean259
Member: #853
2/28/2006  11:22 PM
yea and right after it seemed we had hit a positive turning point in the season with those 6 in a row...then marbs goes down and it all goes to hell
ALLBaLL2006
Member: #1064

2/28/2006  11:36 PM
It was a fluke...The Knicks were clicking OFFENSIVELY...there was no defense being played in those games. The only game in which they held a team under 90 points was the Cleveland game. Marbury aint play no defense either. Noone has played defense for this team. And as far as I know Marbury is the best player on the team but he is not the star of this team. A star does not suggest that you do not run plays instructed by your coach. A star becomes a leader when the team has lost 10 straight games and games by 20 pts. A STAR is on the same page as a hall of fame coach no matter how demanding he can be. Stephon Marbury will always be a selfish brat. Always wearing that towel and never wanting to make his teammates better. Just ask Amare Stoudamire and Shawn Marion. Ask Kurt Thomas too. Ask any player that has played with Stephon Marbury. He will never be a franchise player. And as far as he is in the NBA he will never be a winning player. At least Charlie Ward and Chris Childs were 3 wins away from winning an NBA title. Stephon Marbury has not even made it past the 1st round.
holfresh
Member: #1081

2/28/2006  11:51 PM
Posted by NYKniCksFan87:

funny thing is i always hear the arguement that you cant rebuild in NY

BULL!!!

im willing to be patient for a rebuilding franchise....getting frye,lee, robinson,woods and butler isnt rebuilding when you have marbs,curry,craw and q....that is why i dont share his vision

What are you talking about..you're not patient now.......

nykshaknbake
Member: #492
2/28/2006  11:54 PM
I love it!! Steph even gets blame for the teams struggles when he's injured!! He's been out forever, still is far from 100% now and he's the reason why the team sucks. Knick fans most knowlegeable? Maybe. Smartest? Haha.
ALLBaLL2006

3/1/2006  12:02 AM
Hmmmm. Phoenix becomes an elite team in the Western Conference after Marbury leaves and New Jersey just so happens to be in 1st place in our division with Jason Kidd. Hmmmm Marbury even when healthy was not LEADING his team to a second place position in the Atlantic. Coincidence? Or is all of that because of his injured shoulder? What happened all the other years when he was healthy? Maybe one of his pinkies was hurting. I am sorry Steph. I will give you a pass for every game we lose the rest of the way. It is not your fault. You are the best player in the NBA. Sorry Steph.
holfresh

3/1/2006  12:19 AM
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

Hmmmm. Phoenix becomes an elite team in the Western Conference after Marbury leaves and New Jersey just so happens to be in 1st place in our division with Jason Kidd. Hmmmm Marbury even when healthy was not LEADING his team to a second place position in the Atlantic. Coincidence? Or is all of that because of his injured shoulder? What happened all the other years when he was healthy? Maybe one of his pinkies was hurting. I am sorry Steph. I will give you a pass for every game we lose the rest of the way. It is not your fault. You are the best player in the NBA. Sorry Steph.

I just love the comparisons...The Nets got better with Kidd and oh by the way KMart because he was broke his leg the first year he played with Marbs, KVH was out a good portion of the year because of injury...Kittles was injured was well most of the year, Jefferson was not on the team yet...
So yeah, the Nets got better when Kidd got there...As for Phoenix, Marbs led them to the playoff...It was a great time for Nash because Amare turned into an allstar stud, he was a rook with Marbs,Joe Johnson game blossomed, Q couldn't miss that year, Marion was Marion and the new coach put a new offense in place....Nash is nice but please, don't act like all else stayed the same....Come on
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/1/2006  12:21 AM
I cannot understand why people are bugging around leadership skills, effort, defense, and forget that the main reason why teams was winning the Championships was the fact they this teams had SMART players. The NY roster is a collection of idiots - these gs will spend their life caring garbage if they will not grow long and strong.
It's great that they have a lot of money and jumping on TV but they are soooo stupid that even Larry cannot believe it...
Look at his face when they play... he probably never saw this kind off basketball stupidity in all his years of couching...
It's tuff to decide who is more stupid - marbs, crav, Curry, Ariza (he is gone anyway), little nate, QRich...
You can see from Spurs game - smart players need little effort to kick the aces of this stupid bunch...
I am a NY fan but it is really disturbing too see the Knicks playing the bad version of the street ball... and making a joke from the game.
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
ALLBaLL2006

3/1/2006  12:25 AM
How come Shawn Marion didn't play with Marbury the same way he has played this season? Or is it Amare's injury that has allowed Shawn Marion to "blossom"? Ha. Two questions: Does Marbury make his teammates better and what has given you the impression that Marbury will ever lead his team passed the first round?
holfresh

3/1/2006  12:26 AM
Posted by arkrud:

I cannot understand why people are bugging around leadership skills, effort, defense, and forget that the main reason why teams was winning the Championships was the fact they this teams had SMART players. The NY roster is a collection of idiots - these gs will spend their life caring garbage if they will not grow long and strong.
It's great that they have a lot of money and jumping on TV but they are soooo stupid that even Larry cannot believe it...
Look at his face when they play... he probably never saw this kind off basketball stupidity in all his years of couching...
It's tuff to decide who is more stupid - marbs, crav, Curry, Ariza (he is gone anyway), little nate, QRich...
You can see from Spurs game - smart players need little effort to kick the aces of this stupid bunch...
I am a NY fan but it is really disturbing too see the Knicks playing the bad version of the street ball... and making a joke from the game.

There is a diffresnce between being stupid and not playing hard for a coach...If you are true fan like you say u are...U would be able to notice the difference....

ALLBaLL2006

3/1/2006  12:33 AM
Not playing hard for Larry Brown is stupid. It is moronic and idiotic because what the hell have these players done in their careers to NOT play hard for a Hall of Fame coach. That is just plain stupid. Who do these current Knicks think they are? They are nothing but overpaid bums that want to do whatever they feel is right to them instead of listening to a Hall of fame coach. Yea keep playing the way they want lets see who wins more games. The team under Larry's system or the team under their system.
arkrud
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #995
USA
3/1/2006  12:36 AM
If you have no understanding of what you doing you can run around the place with the all effort of the world and will do nothing good anyway
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy." Hamlet
holfresh

3/1/2006  12:36 AM
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

How come Shawn Marion didn't play with Marbury the same way he has played this season? Or is it Amare's injury that has allowed Shawn Marion to "blossom"? Ha. Two questions: Does Marbury make his teammates better and what has given you the impression that Marbury will ever lead his team passed the first round?

Marion made the allstar team playing with Marbs.....His average was 21 and 10....

And now to answer your question about does Marbs make his team better.....How did the Knicks look when Marbs went down.....How did Craw look coming off the bench playing next to Marbs, How did David Lee look getting dishes in the lane from Marbs, How did Q2 look taking wide open 3s when Marbs got into the lane, How did Curry look when Marbs got him the ball in the spots he like...Did Curry not complain about getting the ball when Marbs was out..How did Frye look running the pick and roll without Marbs...

Thats right, Marbs went down and they look like the same team out there right???
holfresh

3/1/2006  12:41 AM
Posted by ALLBaLL2006:

Not playing hard for Larry Brown is stupid. It is moronic and idiotic because what the hell have these players done in their careers to NOT play hard for a Hall of Fame coach. That is just plain stupid. Who do these current Knicks think they are? They are nothing but overpaid bums that want to do whatever they feel is right to them instead of listening to a Hall of fame coach. Yea keep playing the way they want lets see who wins more games. The team under Larry's system or the team under their system.

Listen you are not going to get players to play hard for you after what Brown has done...He calls them stupid in the press, throws them under the bus whenever he gets the chance, blames them for every wrong that happens....As a player or a human being, you are not going to respect that person...All that Hall of fame stuff doesnt matter....As a coach, you have to get players to believe what you are selling...Brown stabs them every chance he gets...I can believe you guys can't see this....
Releasing Stephon Marbury??????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy