[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Curry #'s by month
Author Thread
TheSage
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #386
2/28/2006  3:28 PM
Curry's biggest problem is his seeming inability to pass out of the post. Teams zone hime and still tries to force it-eventually it will sink in (I hope).
AUTOADVERT
PhilinLA
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #696
2/28/2006  3:43 PM
he's still very young at some point his experience and ability will meld into something very special.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/28/2006  3:47 PM
Posted by TMS:

when our backcourt consisted of Charlie Ward, Howard Eisley, Shandon Anderson & an injured Allan Houston, i think anyone on this board would've signed up to replace them w/Marbury, Francis, Jalen & Q Rich... it's ironic how much of a mess things have really become.

I guess "becareful what you wish for" might apply.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/28/2006  3:56 PM
Seriously. I know Curry is like a 5 year vet, but I treat him and think about him like a rookie.
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/28/2006  3:58 PM
What's his minutes per game by month?
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
2/28/2006  4:01 PM
Posted by martin:

Seriously. I know Curry is like a 5 year vet, but I treat him and think about him like a rookie.

and that's the sad part. some people should've went to school. this guy came out early and was given minutes right away and how much did he actually develop since his rookie year? this is a troubling sign.

we're supposed to have aguirre and herb - two nice big men coaches yet curry makes the same mistakes over and over again. at this point, he's nazr on roids...and we gave up two unprotected #1's for him. that's pretty crazy. i'd much rather have a sf or pf that's gonna make an impact than a center that's not.

even if morrison is nothing more than a taller version of ben gordon, we still got hosed b/c he's impactful. curry plays like he's 6'5, especially when he keeps bringing the ball down. we have to give him some more time ONLY b/c we traded away our picks so we have to justify it by at least seeing what he can do but man, the signs aren't that great.

a team does not trade a center away, health risk or not, and the bulls did when it's pretty clear now that the heart issue was a non-factor.
martin
USA
2/28/2006  4:04 PM
Posted by martin:

let me follow this up. What big man on Chicago has progressed? Chandler has done squat. Sweets is now a 10 minutes off the bench backup? Curry got little big man instruction over there in CHI.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
2/28/2006  4:08 PM
Posted by martin:
Posted by martin:

let me follow this up. What big man on Chicago has progressed? Chandler has done squat. Sweets is now a 10 minutes off the bench backup? Curry got little big man instruction over there in CHI.

But he reportedly has tuned Larry out, so perhaps he isn't a good student.
martin
USA
2/28/2006  4:12 PM
Posted by Rich:
Posted by martin:
Posted by martin:

But he reportedly has tuned Larry out, so perhaps he isn't a good student.

that's OK, as long as Aguire still has his ear.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/28/2006  4:39 PM
I'm giving Curry a pass for now. I think Isiah made a big mistake (again) in overpaying for him (as usual) but that doesnt mean I dont like Curry as a prospect. Right now he looks like a man defeated and totally unprepared for what has happened this year. I think Eddie *thinks* he tries and plays hard, but his idea of playing hard is very different from Larry's idea of playing hard. Being a good defender and rebounder takes effort, but it also takes a great deal of mental energy. Always knowing where guys are, and really concentrating on being in the right position at the right times. Its physical work and mental work. I think he's salvagable. I also think he needs guards that find him when the defense is broken down.

Also for a guy thats been around 5 years its amazing he doesnt have a 10 foot jumper. If he's not point blank nobody guards him because they dont have too
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/28/2006  4:48 PM
Posted by BasketballJones:
Posted by djsunyc:
Posted by BasketballJones:

Isiah took a chance on Curry. To me, it's not his worst move. We really needed a center.

what was jerome james?

As bad as Curry seems to be, he's better than Jerome James. Surely we can all agree on that? Is he worth what we gave up for him? Absolutely not, but Jerome James sure wasn't the answer.

Jeromes's value can't be measured in basketball statistics.
Marv
Alba Posts: 69
Member: #315
2/28/2006  4:51 PM
I still think AD's absence has f'd Eddy up. AD played like more of a center than Eddy and tied up opposing strongmen. I think Eddy's a lot more exposed out there without him.

Last year, his "career year," he had AD, Nocioni and Chandler strongarming next to him. Now he has MoT, Malik Rose and Channing Frye.
Curry #'s by month

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy