[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

SAS - news that can rock ny?
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/1/2006  7:37 AM
I met Isles in person. Good guy. He's also asian which means he knows kung-fu by default so I wouldnt mess with him.

"We got to have guys who are defensive-minded, have a high basketball I.Q., play unselfish and play hard," he said. "The way I look at it, maybe some of them can't do what I ask."
This is pretty much why I back Brown to a fault. You will never ever do anything significant until you have those kinds of players. Funny also how nobody on our roster has ever done anything significant.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
3/1/2006  7:40 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I met Isles in person. Good guy. He's also asian which means he knows kung-fu by default so I wouldnt mess with him.

"We got to have guys who are defensive-minded, have a high basketball I.Q., play unselfish and play hard," he said. "The way I look at it, maybe some of them can't do what I ask."
This is pretty much why I back Brown to a fault. You will never ever do anything significant until you have those kinds of players. Funny also how nobody on our roster has ever done anything significant.

It's partly why I don't. Brown conveniently overlooks the fact that truly great coaches, like Parcells, Riley, and Shula, tailor their system to the strengths of the players they have. Apparently, Brown doesn't.
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/1/2006  8:02 AM
Posted by fishmike:

I prefer Gung Fu but you get the point.

Don't fight it Fish, he saw a picture. I'd easily dispute his claims but whats the point, he saw a picture.

Parcells, Riley and Shula have all had terrible seasons when they didn't have the right players, as have all great coaches. I'm not even saying that LB is a great coach but great coaches always surround themselves with the types of players that they prefer and don't tend to succeed without them.

Funny that you mentioned those coaches because the common denominator between them and all top coaches is their desire to have smart, mentally tough and defensive minded players. Isiah hasn't acquired a single player that fits that criteria but apparently it's LB fault.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/1/2006  8:22 AM
LB has done a very good job with a variety of different players. He's had great success with groups that were team oriented like Det and Indy but also took a team built around 1 star in Iverson to the finals. Iverson has never been regarded as a great defender. He gets steals because he gambles but aside from that doesnt guard much. He does play hard, and play with heart.

Meanwhile Phil Jackson hasnt magically turned #1 pick Kwame Brown into a stud, and Lamar Odom has totally floundered in the triangle offense.

None of the players we currently have come from winning programs, so its not like previous coaches have succeeded where Larry has failed with them. These guys just dont play hard
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
djsunyc
Alba Posts: 42
Member: #536
3/1/2006  9:55 AM
in an interview, lb said that when he interviewed for the job, he told isiah and dolan "this is how i coach" and he wouldn't take the job unless he's allowed to coach the way he's been doing. they both gave him full support and never wavered.
"You don't bring in players that can't play a style that's comfortable for the coach," Brown said after practice. "Isiah and I understand that. He knows the guys I like — it's not easy to make trades."

so lb wants guys that are defensive-minded, have high bball iq, play unselfish and play hard. how many guys one the roster before lb got here can you say that about? obviously it was not the right coach to bring in IF you wanted to coach THESE particular players. but they brought him in anyway. why? b/c he knows how to turn things around. he has better credentials than the guy that hired him. so now that he's here, you do what he says. he says get me these players, then go get him those players. it's pretty simple. i don't think lb cares really too much about who's feelings get hurt along the way as long as he gets the right guys to play his way. he's not getting paid to just coach the team, he's getting paid $10 mil to change the entire direction of the franchise. that's why i'm in the lb camp as well. he's done it everywhere before and i really don't care that one guy gets a few more minutes than the other guy. all i care about is that culture of the team is changing and changing for the better and i think that's what we're seeing. why does it look so nasty? b/c he is thoroughly exposing exactly how BAD it actually is. ALOT of these players don't fit his criteria and he's going to tell isiah to move them. in essence, isiah really is lb's errand boy at this point and he has to swallow his ego big time. if he's on board, then fine, keep him here. this is lb's show and for the first time, in a LONG time, we got a guy that knows what he's doing.
DaMano718
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #342
3/1/2006  10:05 AM
he might want those type of players, but what team is dumb enough to give those type of people up!!.. only way to really get them is in free agency, which we cant, since we aer capped out, or through the draft, which our picks are too late in the 1st round to get anyone of quality!
McK1
Member: #964
3/1/2006  10:17 AM
Spurs backcourt were late picks.

Its who you are targeting.

Isiah wanted young athletes and now NY's dunk totals are at the highest they've ever been.
the stop underrating David Lee movement 1. FIRE MIKE 2. HIRE MULLIN 3. PAY AVERY 4. FREE NATE!!!
crzymdups
Member: #671
USA
3/1/2006  10:24 AM
Now that my faith in Isiah is completely shattered, I buy the line of logic that Isiah didn't care whether Brown was a good fit, but brought him in to raise his credibility. If Isiah were 15-41 with ANY other coach except maybe Phil Jackson, Isiah would be gone. But because it's Brown, with his history of slow starts, Isiah lives.

At this point, I'm sure Isiah will bring in anyone Brown wants, if only to save his own neck.
¿ △ ?
islesfan
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #712
3/1/2006  10:35 AM
Posted by crzymdups:

Now that my faith in Isiah is completely shattered, I buy the line of logic that Isiah didn't care whether Brown was a good fit, but brought him in to raise his credibility. If Isiah were 15-41 with ANY other coach except maybe Phil Jackson, Isiah would be gone. But because it's Brown, with his history of slow starts, Isiah lives.

At this point, I'm sure Isiah will bring in anyone Brown wants, if only to save his own neck.

Is there any doubt that that's the case? All you hear after every move now is how much LB wanted them with Isiah distancing himself as far as he can. It's LB wants this or LB wanted that but then they talk about how they're working as a team and are on the same page. So if it doesn't work out then it's LB fault but if it does it's because they're all working together. Isiah is a piece of S.
If it didn’t work in Phoenix with Nash and Stoutamire... it’s just not a winning formula. It’s an entertaining formula, but not a winning one. - Derek Harper talking about D'Antoni's System
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/1/2006  10:47 AM
Timing is everything.

Isiah could have blown it up as many were telling him to, but he was stubbern.

His trades have negative financial impact which gives him the leverage.

Spree turned to KVH to Gazy to nothing but cap fodder.

James, Crawful, and Qrich/nate (1/4 the current roster) are excessive no-role talents.

When Layden was canned, we could have let things fall naturally and waded thru the muck. The garden was dead, and fans were pissed off!

We still pissed off!

The results are in, the record speaks.

Bringing in Larry was bad timing. We restocked our roster and bought in the right man for the wrong players. NOw its rebuild no. 3!

But Larry is the man to build around and the only one that is credible.

Isiah has lost his credibilty.

Larry's comments might sound harsh on these players but for all we know he might be holding back on what he really thinks.

The record speaks for itself!
holfresh
Member: #1081

3/1/2006  1:12 PM
Posted by Nalod:

Timing is everything.

Isiah could have blown it up as many were telling him to, but he was stubbern.

His trades have negative financial impact which gives him the leverage.

Spree turned to KVH to Gazy to nothing but cap fodder.

James, Crawful, and Qrich/nate (1/4 the current roster) are excessive no-role talents.

When Layden was canned, we could have let things fall naturally and waded thru the muck. The garden was dead, and fans were pissed off!

We still pissed off!

The results are in, the record speaks.

Bringing in Larry was bad timing. We restocked our roster and bought in the right man for the wrong players. NOw its rebuild no. 3!

But Larry is the man to build around and the only one that is credible.

Isiah has lost his credibilty.

Larry's comments might sound harsh on these players but for all we know he might be holding back on what he really thinks.

The record speaks for itself!

It's not Isiah's call to blow it up.....It's teh owners call...

SAS - news that can rock ny?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy